S & P 500 free weekly competition for 2020 with cash prizes

I hope you guys aren't waiting on me ?
The so called free spreadsheet took 6.5 hours to download and then self deleted when I didn't donate.
Aaaah I haven't the patience. So unless Atilla , Sc or another can step in it's R.I.P. competition.

Pat, have you tried Libre Office? I could convert the spreadsheet and send that to you, but it will be a waste of time if you're having issues with Libre Office that can't be resolved?

What are you wasting 6.5 hours downloading that then self deleted?

Pat, have you tried Libre Office? I could convert the spreadsheet and send that to you, but it will be a waste of time if you're having issues with Libre Office that can't be resolved?

What are you wasting 6.5 hours downloading that then self deleted?
yep that one.

Seems as if the comp is in danger of running aground. It would be a shame to see it die so as Pat seems to be having some difficulties, and in the absence of anyone else willing to stick their hand up, if no one objects I'd be prepared to give it a go.

Now, my Excel skills are about on a par with my tipping last year - decidedly average. But as long as it's fairly idiot proof and just a matter of entering data, once I get familiar with it I could probably manage it.

3250 if we're still in business

Seems as if the comp is in danger of running aground. It would be a shame to see it die so as Pat seems to be having some difficulties, and in the absence of anyone else willing to stick their hand up, if no one objects I'd be prepared to give it a go.

Now, my Excel skills are about on a par with my tipping last year - decidedly average. But as long as it's fairly idiot proof and just a matter of entering data, once I get familiar with it I could probably manage it.

Hooorah well done that man.
I agree the comp is worth saving too.
Good luck

Well volunteered that man :D(y):D

Apparently you can get excel online free, you just need a Microsoft account, (can get onedrive storage for free also). I can't test this as I have an O365 subscription already, but might be worth a try and then the spreadsheet shouldn't need to be converted.

Now I'm wondering if I need to be paying for O365 anymore!

I've a version of office that I "acquired" so should be ok on that score. However, doing 4 weeks of scoring to get the comp up to date is not something I really feel confident about.
Also, I notice that everyone seems to have dropped off the radar, possibly because of New Year or some confusion as to whether the competition is up and running. But if only 4 people are going to be entering every week it's going to make it a bit flat. Might be an idea to have a fresh restart and message all the old participants to that effect in the hope of getting the numbers up to last years level?

Anyway, I'll go 3240 and more of this madness

Suggest the comp is restarted once we know who is doing the hard graft? :LOL:

There are 3 names in the hat at the moment aren't there?

I've a version of office that I "acquired" so should be ok on that score. However, doing 4 weeks of scoring to get the comp up to date is not something I really feel confident about.
Also, I notice that everyone seems to have dropped off the radar, possibly because of New Year or some confusion as to whether the competition is up and running. But if only 4 people are going to be entering every week it's going to make it a bit flat. Might be an idea to have a fresh restart and message all the old participants to that effect in the hope of getting the numbers up to last years level?

Anyway, I'll go 3240 and more of this madness
Once they have realised it's a new year I expect they will all return.

Suggest the comp is restarted once we know who is doing the hard graft? :LOL:

There are 3 names in the hat at the moment aren't there?
Haha, well it was just a thought. Given that it's difficult for people to find the time to commit to doing a weekly update I would have thought it would be even more difficult for someone to find the time to do a whole months updates at once.

I'm happy to at least have a go at doing the weekly update but doing a months update right off the bat when I don't have a clue what I'm doing is going to be a bit much.

Haha, well it was just a thought. Given that it's difficult for people to find the time to commit to doing a weekly update I would have thought it would be even more difficult for someone to find the time to do a whole months updates at once.

I'm happy to at least have a go at doing the weekly update but doing a months update right off the bat when I don't have a clue what I'm doing is going to be a bit much.
Why don't we start again with this week ?
3253 pls