S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2018 with PRIZES!

The three greats of end of Quarter 4 are...

CV

Pat494.............................................................................................................LexCorp

1546099321118.png

CV gets to collect $100 in Amazon Prize Vouchers which will be making their way to him very soon. Well done CV! (y)(y)(y)

Moreover, he has managed to double points winning with a score of 25 on the nearest runner up Pat who has 12.

Looking at previous three quarters high scores of 17, 14 and 13 that is a good result. Volatility probably had something to do with it but consistency is name of the game so ultimately we have a true champion. :)

Attachments

• Wk52_LeaderBoard_QTR4_Final.PNG
    Wk52_LeaderBoard_QTR4_Final.PNG
    148.2 KB · Views: 329

S&P 500 cash weekly competition over-all annual Winners for 2018

are

Trader JR

CV.....................Pat

giphy.gif

It has been a strange year where our usual successful Weighted Average has been floored by the field of forecasters.

We started off with 2673 and finished on 2485. Over the course of the year we had 30 up weeks and 22 down.

Trader JR took an extra ordinary lead around 2nd and 3rd Quarter and has achieved highest medals at 20.

CV made a tremendous come back over 4th Quarter and took most golds medals with a count of 8. SignalCalc and Trader JR were closest two others with 6 each.

7 forecasters are above Average. Sadly four forecasters including my self and Weighted Average are below. What a shame...

As well as CV receiving $100 for winning Quarter 4 there is another $100 dollars for the over-all end of year winners which is split in 50:30:20 ratios. Thus, following names will also receive Amazon vouchers to the value of...

Trader JR - $50
CV - $30
Pat - $20.

Thank you for all the forecasters taking part as it is never easy and truly an art form this trading larky.

Unlike other competitions, the person who most accurately predicts weekly market close level over quarterly periods gets the prize. So it really is, a good indicator of consistent results.

The humiliation and banter, the quips and prize vouchers really make this thread something to look forward to at the end of a week. May it long continue.

Finally, big thank you for T2W and Sharky for putting up the prize money allowing us all, collectively to run the competition as we choose to.

Attachments

• 2018_SPX500_Competition Winner-2.PNG
    2018_SPX500_Competition Winner-2.PNG
    10 KB · Views: 276
  • 2018_SPX500_Competition-League Table.PNG
    2018_SPX500_Competition-League Table.PNG
    308.5 KB · Views: 320
  • 2018_SPX500_Competition Winner.PNG
    2018_SPX500_Competition Winner.PNG
    48.9 KB · Views: 307
Congrats to CV, a well deserved win. 25 points in a quarter is seriously impressive (y)

And thanks to Atilla for all the work he put in on running the show. Can't be easy when you know the slightest error is going to be seized upon by someone :LOL:

Happy NY chaps.

Congrats to CV, a well deserved win. 25 points in a quarter is seriously impressive (y)

And thanks to Atilla for all the work he put in on running the show. Can't be easy when you know the slightest error is going to be seized upon by someone :LOL:

Happy NY chaps.

Thanks Trader, that what makes it fun. Quarter 4 was a classic.

Oscar had me in stitches when he went -2 below CV and then CV didn't show.

SC CV and Mike the three amigos were great too all falling for the BH ooopsy in da US.

Classic boo boos.

I think we should keep a track of visits made to the Mike Tyson club :)

Last edited:

Happy NY chaps.

Ta muchly

SC CV and Mike the three amigos were great too all falling for the BH ooopsy in da US.

Classic boo boos.

As long as the banter keeps flowing...all is well:LOL:

Well done Trader JR on the year end top spot, but I do feel for Pat because nothing less than a 5 pointer was enough to deprive him of 2nd place overall. A $10 week.

Classic boo boos.

Well done Atilla great comp

Happy 2019 everyone