S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2017 with PRIZES!

Here we go chaps... :clap::clap::clap:

Kicking off 2017 we have 12 bulls v 4 bears. That includes the two averages on the bulls side.

Forker is leading the bulls v Oscar the bears with a 71 pip variance in forecast.

SPX has stormed into 2017 and may it long continue onwards and forwards.

Wishing you all good luck and prosperous trading (y)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 460
I always enjoy other people's views on the current situation. Here is one of interest.

The dollar correction cometh

by Simon Smith, Chief Economist

The issue with the dollar rally has always been its foundations. I highlighted this yesterday and this was also a feature in the Fed minutes released last night. The discussion over the economy reflected that participants “emphasized their considerable uncertainty about the timing, size, and composition of any future fiscal and other economic policy initiatives as well as about how those polices might affect aggregate demand and supply”. But that has to be balanced by the fact that almost all also indicated that the “upside risks to their forecasts for economic growth had increased as a result of prospects for more expansionary fiscal policies”. This point is interesting, as the upward revision to the 2017 growth forecast in the December ‘dot-plot’ was 0.1%, so for now the FOMC is seeing higher growth as more of a risk than a reality.
From this, it’s not difficult to spin the view that the dollar correction seen overnight is overdone as a pure reaction to the minutes, but this reflects the fact that the dollar rally is more vulnerable to correction. It’s also reflected in the fact that the biggest gainer against the dollar in the past twelve hours has been the yen, which has lost the most ground in the rally of the past two months. This could well be the emerging theme of January as we head to the inauguration of the next US President. Tomorrow’s employment report could play into that theme, but we would have to see something fairly wide of the 180k median to really impact the dollar, because it’s not been the economic data that has been driving the latest rally. For today, we have the ADP numbers ahead of tomorrow’s US employment report, but these are unlikely to upset the tone unless substantially off the 175k expectation.

Forgot it was NFP day this week....get ready for the 30 point rally....A week for the bulls I suspect.

Whose is the closest? I think I had 2282 and it closed 2270

Yep, you've got gold Forker.

Waiting for Pat to stop partying and boozing. Podium write-ups down to him now.

Well done. (y)

2276.98 ive got as close.....looks like you bagged it fork's....:clap:....Beginners luck lad ? :LOL:

You can say that again. I know nothing of that market

:eek:

This is from the 2016 S&P thread.
"This weeks 3 wise men are :
f2calv and newcomer Behzadi with Gold.
Pat494 with Bronze.

I'm going to do a doctorate in the science behind beginners luck! It seems to be a very real phenomenon.
"

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/ind...y-competition-2016-prizes-28.html#post2709238

;)

:eek:

This is from the 2016 S&P thread.
"This weeks 3 wise men are :
f2calv and newcomer Behzadi with Gold.
Pat494 with Bronze.

I'm going to do a doctorate in the science behind beginners luck! It seems to be a very real phenomenon.
"

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/ind...y-competition-2016-prizes-28.html#post2709238

;)
Look up Dr Kirby Surprise. He has a book on synchronicity which might explain this phenomenon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0074I2...tDescription_secondary_view_div_1483780915694

Description

The experience of meaningful coincidences is universal. They are reported by people of every culture, every belief system, and every time period. Synchronicity examines the evidence for the human influence on the meaningfulness of events, and the way the modern computational model of the mind predicts how we create meaning. It demonstrates that these events, based on the activity of the mind, are caused by the person who perceives them. In this fascinating work, you will:Learn to use your amazing ability to create synchronistic events Discover how your mind creates the reality you experience Unlock your brain's vast resources of connectivity and creativity Change from living as a separate being to living as a part of the unified whole Synchronicity will show you how you already create events around you, and make you a conscious co-creator of your reality. Dr. Surprise describes the miracles of your brain's processes, merging the worlds of modern physics and ancient mysticism to reveal abilities you have always possessed, but which were not fully understood until now. Learn to make reality dance to the rhythms of your thoughts

The S&P 500 closed at 2276.98
Well done guys
Forker 2282 - -------gold
Twin to Win 2265 - silver
Fairval 2263 -------- bronze

Winners need the best so here is the most expensive modern car available.
The Koenigsegg CCXR Trevila at a mere $4.8m.

Attachments

• Most expensive car.PNG
    Most expensive car.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 411
Leauge table :)

Attachments

• League_Table_SPX_17.JPG
    League_Table_SPX_17.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 376
Look up Dr Kirby Surprise. He has a book on synchronicity which might explain this phenomenon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0074I2...tDescription_secondary_view_div_1483780915694

Description

The experience of meaningful coincidences is universal. They are reported by people of every culture, every belief system, and every time period. Synchronicity examines the evidence for the human influence on the meaningfulness of events, and the way the modern computational model of the mind predicts how we create meaning. It demonstrates that these events, based on the activity of the mind, are caused by the person who perceives them. In this fascinating work, you will:Learn to use your amazing ability to create synchronistic events Discover how your mind creates the reality you experience Unlock your brain's vast resources of connectivity and creativity Change from living as a separate being to living as a part of the unified whole Synchronicity will show you how you already create events around you, and make you a conscious co-creator of your reality. Dr. Surprise describes the miracles of your brain's processes, merging the worlds of modern physics and ancient mysticism to reveal abilities you have always possessed, but which were not fully understood until now. Learn to make reality dance to the rhythms of your thoughts

Isn't there a story about Hitler cheating death because he was smoking outside his tent, whilst a shell landing and blowing up his friends sleeping in it??? He thought he was saved for a purpose.

I had a friend who didn't listen to his mother and was almost killed by a car and he believes God Jesus saved him.

I told him I was almost hit by car whilst being chased by my brother. I ran into the road between two cars. Car stopped about couple of meters away. I'm an atheist.

fwiw, I **** my pants but my brother got a 'good slap'. :D

Here is a story that happened to me. Nothing to do with dying but interesting nonetheless. I changed my number years ago and about a year later I received a call to my current number that I missed. I recognised the number as my old number and text it and found out that the person had just got that number and accidentally called my number.

With NFP out of the way we just have financial reports to worry about. I think support is about 2250, so a rise can be expected this week on the Trump phenomenon.

2287 for me pls

Forker has the hots at the mo. What will he call ?