S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2014 with PRIZES!

Happy New Year all

May your trades be winners

Happy new year to you too Pat et all,

I was thinking of modifying the Average calculations by;

1. Carrying forward the Forecast Strength Ratio (FSR) from past years
2. Using it in calculating the weighted average

The FSR is basically division of total points devided by number of games played. It removes the bias number of games played on number of points etc.

So instead of using WTAve Points (which is simply points accumulated) to using FSR.

What do you guys think?

Da bounce is in boys !!

2052 and rising

Great discovery of a new anti biotic drug in New England dirt.
The money boys will be leaping onto this one.

Last edited:
The New Year hangover has finally cleared,” said Justin Urquhart Stewart, who helps oversee about $10 billion at Seven Investment Management LLP in London. “Yesterday’s turnaround broke the negative line of falls and has given a chance to push back against poor sentiment. There should be a positive fillip to the market.”

The S&P 500 (SPX) has gained 2.5 percent over two days, following the worst start to a year since 2008. The benchmark index has recovered more than half its losses after tumbling 4.2 percent over the previous five days as crude oil plunged below $48 a barrel for the first time since 2009.

Equities rallied yesterday on relief that Federal Reserve minutes signaled no change in interest-rate policy and optimism over employment growth. Most central bank officials agreed their new policy guidance means they are unlikely to raise interest rates before late April and a number expressed concern inflation could remain too low.

The minutes also showed some Fed officials are concerned about risks posed by overseas economies. Policy actions by foreign central banks may help, the minutes said.

Currently @ 2050 - whole week with loadza data and we only have a few points move to show for it.

Could this be a lower high for the big pending bear show sharpening their claws for spring???

:cool: :whistling :cool:

Sadly we lost WackyPete from the competition this year. Based on his forecast strength ratio at 1.35 he would have been a very strong contender to win. Not only that but being a regular poster and competitor it was a sad lost. If you are reading this Wacky - new year would be a good time to see you back. (y)
hey all! A bit of an eplanation: last august I had a serious stroke that led to an aortic tear and major loss of blood. I had open heart surgery and have been in a rehab facility until just last week.doctors tell me i may have a 99% recovery back to normal.hopefully I can continue with the competition as much as possible!

Peter

hey all! A bit of an eplanation: last august I had a serious stroke that led to an aortic tear and major loss of blood. I had open heart surgery and have been in a rehab facility until just last week.doctors tell me i may have a 99% recovery back to normal.hopefully I can continue with the competition as much as possible!

Peter

Hi WackyPete :)

Great to see you back matey and very much shocked and saddened by your stroke last year. My father along with copuple of friends have had strokes and you are right recovery is not always full but not always catostrophic either. In fact all three bodies I know made reasonable recoveries that they were able to function normally with some loss of mobility.

So you may have to give up your dreams of competing in the 2016 Olympics Bob Sleigh run but that sure won't stop you from leading otherwise a full life and winning the SPX 2015 race if you get your skates on now. (y)

You can find the 2015 link here http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/196648-s-p-500-cash-weekly-competition-2015-prizes.html

In these cases it's literally mind over matter and keep the fighting skills and get back into the saddle of life as soon as you can. Onwards n forwards.

Best wishes and hope you have a speedy recovery (y)

Peter

Hi Pete, I just wanted to wish you well for your imminent speedy recovery. (y)

Best Wishes
Jason

Peter

hope the recuperation goes well