:idea:

Atilla has kindly agreed to do the hard work

Last edited:
re: S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2013

Looking forward to seeing you guys on this new thread

1398 molim ( Croatian )

veni vidi vici etc.

Last edited:
Since it's a new thread how about a link to the spreadsheet so new participants can get started. It would be nice if we could get a few extra players!

Peter

Hard to figure out. It's all on the fiscal cliff. Deal = Way up, No Deal = Way Down.
I'm guessing No Deal ---> 1390

Peter

Surely the US has to rein in it's spending, doesn't it ? To just go on spending more and more is ludicrous. Unless the game plan is to spend as much as possible and then renege on it's debts ?
Obama seems not to be able to say NO to the military etc. Congress etc. can't make a sensible decision. Heading for a fudge I expect just delaying the inevitable meltdown. All so unnecessary too.

Surely the US has to rein in it's spending, doesn't it ? To just go on spending more and more is ludicrous. Unless the game plan is to spend as much as possible and then renege on it's debts ?
Obama seems not to be able to say NO to the military etc. Congress etc. can't make a sensible decision. Heading for a fudge I expect just delaying the inevitable meltdown. All so unnecessary too.

I think the problem was Raegan and Bush-economics of giving away tax cuts that could not be justified or afforded. In particular to oil and motor industries. I guess one can throw in the Pentagon and NASA and couple of wars in there too.

What are the Republicans offering now? More tax cuts...

That's what I call genious??? :cheesy:

Did the Republicans lose the elections or Obama win it? :rolleyes:

Hard to figure out. It's all on the fiscal cliff. Deal = Way up, No Deal = Way Down.
I'm guessing No Deal ---> 1390

Peter
yes pete i had the same problem as your good self.
I see you have gone with the grand old duke of york theory.
I'm wondering if i should have done the same.

so when were up were up and when were down were down and when were only half way up were neither up nor down.

good call.

First call of mine to ring in the new year!

Hard to say for next week. It could go either way. Guess I'll bet on up like the chump I am. 1430!

Cheers Peter,
I wanted to go with 1,350 which, IMO, is bound to be tested within the next few weeks. However, being the time of year, the range is likely to be on the low side and I can't quite see it getting there by Friday. All of which means that it'll either blast right through it or rocket northwards to test September's highs - fuelled on New Year high spirits and optimism.
:p
Tim.
$SPX_Weekly_ATR14.png

Hi Guys,

Good to see new names coming on board :)

Start of the year and competition is hotting up already. Bet WackyPete is really getting worried now there are more competitors :cheesy:

In the absence of our Mobster Yoda I've created a new Tab with name SP-2013 (old ones renamed as 12). It may be better just to keep one file.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnFF2Rblu36wdGRNQjNXTzVjdldJb2dXdjRVTGs5VVE#gid=5

Keep the forecasts coming...

1364 for me to kick the year off :)

Last edited: