Rpdfx mt4 spreadbet

Both, really. We all knew that the plug in was hooked up to most or all MT4 platforms, but I think I'd prefer they denied using it.

The bit about scalping being a manifest error is worrying, too. How does that square with MiFID, and what is RPDFX's definition of scalping?

Their scalping definition according to their T&C's is:

11.2We may deem an activity as Scalping if that Order or Trade has any of the below characteristics:

(a) the Trade is opened and closed within Two (2) minutes (i.e. the Order for the closing Trade follows the Order for the open Trade in two (2) minutes or less);

(b) an opposing Trade is placed within two (2) minutes of each another Trade being opened thus creating a fully or partially hedged position (also known as a “locked position”); or

(c) the Order for opening or closing the Trade is placed on a latent price.

How can someone open and close a trade within two minutes have their profits reversed because all scalping is deemed to be a manifest error, even if they didn't take advantage of latent prices?

Both, really. We all knew that the plug in was hooked up to most or all MT4 platforms, but I think I'd prefer they denied using it.

The bit about scalping being a manifest error is worrying, too. How does that square with MiFID, and what is RPDFX's definition of scalping?

Presumably declaring scalping a manifest error permits them to 'correct' it. At least in their minds.

I wonder how many losing scalps are declared manifest errors. Yet another asymmetrical practice?

Their scalping definition according to their T&C's is:

How can someone open and close a trade within two minutes have their profits reversed because all scalping is deemed to be a manifest error, even if they didn't take advantage of latent prices?

Thanks, hacks. Any ideas when this part of the T&Cs came into force?

I wonder what happens if you open a trade just before a major news release and the markets spike? 100pips profit in 1m 59s minutes a manifest error scalp, 100pips loss in 1s hard luck? :)

Thanks, hacks. Any ideas when this part of the T&Cs came into force?

I wonder what happens if you open a trade just before a major news release and the markets spike? 100pips profit in 1m 59s minutes a manifest error scalp, 100pips loss in 1s hard luck? :)

It says the T&C's are effective from 20th August 2012.

This is only on the RPDFX T&C's not ETX's by the way, as the latter doesn't have a section on scalping.

Well there you go - if you're still not sure how to make money as an intraday trader, your problems have now been answered.

Do what rpdfx won't allow you to do:

Sometimes you need to hold trades for less than two minutes, and sometimes you need to trade both ways at the same time (especially when the market is showing a trend).

I use demo versions of MT for my charting, so have never tried trading price latency, but it sounds a cr@p idea to me anyway.

It says the T&C's are effective from 20th August 2012.

This is only on the RPDFX T&C's not ETX's by the way, as the latter doesn't have a section on scalping.
Yes they should remove the section on scalping immediately, doesn't correspond well to the MiFID financial directives.

Yes they should remove the section on scalping immediately, doesn't correspond well to the MiFID financial directives.

Too right. First they impose conditions that allow them to move the goalposts to suit themself, then they admit the platform has a function that interferes with prices. Next they'll be putting a clause in the T&Cs making any trade resulting in a profit for the client into a manifest error.:)

I think Rob perhaps had a Gerald Ratner moment.

Gerald Ratner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lol.. you moan at people because you think they're being underhand and then you moan at me because I answered a direct question honestly.

You may not like what you perceive firms in our industry do, and your entitled to your opinion however wide of the mark others better informed may think it is. But that doesn't mean I'm going to answer a fair question anything other than honestly, and if you don't like it or agree with it then as the consumer you're free to put your business where ever you want it.

If we were to use this tool specifically to slip people unnecessarily then you would have every reason to be critical but we havent. You're assuming we will based on what other firms have done previously. Why don't you watch and see what actually happens. You know I'm on here and I don't hide from questions.

Rob.

Under what circumstances do you gap trades against your clients?

Trades are slipped when there is a significant move in the market between the current market price and the previous market price obtained from our aggregated liquidity provider feed. This is most likely to occur in situations between the close and then reopen of a market, such as the reopen of FX markets on a Sunday night, but can also occur on significant market events, such as an important economic announcement.

We will slip to levels that we receive from our liquidity providers, and importantly we slip amounts equally to those who gapping favours as to those who it does not

Thanks, Rob

lol.. you moan at people because you think they're being underhand and then you moan at me because I answered a direct question honestly.

You may not like what you perceive firms in our industry do, and your entitled to your opinion however wide of the mark others better informed may think it is. But that doesn't mean I'm going to answer a fair question anything other than honestly, and if you don't like it or agree with it then as the consumer you're free to put your business where ever you want it.

If we were to use this tool specifically to slip people unnecessarily then you would have every reason to be critical but we havent. You're assuming we will based on what other firms have done previously. Why don't you watch and see what actually happens. You know I'm on here and I don't hide from questions.

Rob.

Gerald Ratner was being honest when he said he sold ear rings that were cheaper than prawn sandwiches and didn't last as long.

And yes your entire industry is corrupt to the core, people expect nothing less than for you to take as much as you can by dishonest means. Unfortunately you're all tarred with the same brush now. That's too bad if there is such a thing as an honest SB provider, though somehow I doubt it.

Gerald Ratner was being honest when he said he sold ear rings that were cheaper than prawn sandwiches and didn't last as long.

And yes your entire industry is corrupt to the core, people expect nothing less than for you to take as much as you can by dishonest means. Unfortunately you're all tarred with the same brush now. That's too bad if there is such a thing as an honest SB provider, though somehow I doubt it.
It has gotten better, but somehow some SB companies don't understand that we are moving into a new era, where clients are much more demanding and sophisticated about which SB company they prefer to do business with.

PB

long time no speak.

I'll bite - We don't sponsor Greg Secker. We sponser the Flying Trader days that raises money for Childrens charities. Of course I'm proud of that, what man in their right mind wouldn't be. We're making a huge difference to the lives of less fortunate children, long may that continue.

Rob

I urge you to reconsider, only fair to warn you.

I wouldn't touch these with a barge pole, not only are they stupid enough to use a dodgy plug in that was created to manipulate prices and admit it, but the grammar of this guy Rob also sucks (writes your instead you're) which to me is a low level of education on his behalf - yet another barrow boy operation such as CMC etc? Also to state we can't scalp (trade within two minutes according to their T&C) or hedge, is absolutely disgusting and proves yet again how corrupt they are! Real brokers want you trade as much as possible, they don't use plug in's to manipulate prices in ANY way, and they do not restrict scalping or any other type of trading. Apparently 90% lose in this game, so why do they feel the need to gain more percentage by underhand tactics? I've already proved CMC are not be trusted, exposed The Black Swan, but this company was a breeze as Robs posts did all the work for me, lmao.

Reactions: x4x
Sadly many more children will become less fortunate when their parents pay Secker 20k for a forex course.
Exactly. Secker is a master of fraud no more no less. Just Clever lies to conceal the process. In more primitive times and times when right was right and wrong was wrong people put a stop to such actions pronto. The ones who ally with him are either stupid or evil.