reminiscences of a stock operator annotated edition is it worthy?

Fran8

HI everyone I have read Reminiscence of a stock operator, a couple of times and like many people Im fascinated by it, I have seen that is an annotated edition, I will like to know from the people that have read that edition if is worthy, I have seen a couple of reviews an read the annotations were only for historical purposes. I will like to know if that is the case or you get more on his trading style.

Thanks

Re: reminiscence of a stock operator annotated edition is it worthy?

HI everyone I have read Reminiscence of a stock operator, a couple of times and like many people Im fascinated by it, I have seen that is an annotated edition, I will like to know from the people that have read that edition if is worthy, I have seen a couple of reviews an read the annotations were only for historical purposes. I will like to know if that is the case or you get more on his trading style.

Thanks

The annotations are mainly historical but there is certainly a lot more on his trading style.

If you enjoyed the book, this version is definetly worth buying and reading in my opinion.

If you are very interested in his style you should make it a priority to read: "How to Trade in Stocks". Read the part that was written by him. Ignore everything in this book that was written by Smitten and just turn to the Market Key at the back.

It will take a long time for you to figure this out but it will open your eyes big time when you do. Do the work yourself and plot the numbers.

When you finally see the key for what it is, you are going to go on Google and see who else has figured it out. Trust me. Also trust me when I say, don't bother. I have searched for a long time and there is no one out there that has approached it right as far as I am concerned.

Also check out "Jesse Livermore: Worlds Greatest Stock Trader". This is a fantastic book - probably one of my all time favourites. There is a lot of shocking information in this that many people who recite "facts" on the legend are not aware of.

Enjoy.

Tom

Last edited:

Thanks

Yes it is worthy, akin to getting 2 books for the silly price of one. On that subject for the 13 quid I expected a scruffy paperback and not the cracking hardback that arrived c/o Amazon.. As for the annotations, including illustrations, I found them siightly distracting at first, so I intend to re-visit, perhaps this weekend as it happens, and read it through again but just concentrate on the annotations. They definitely add to the experience of the book, a real clever method IMHO. Yes they are for historical purposes but some of the extra detail on the characters and trading places are just fascinating. Makes a great gift for someone as nerdy/nutty/obsessed as a few of us lot.. :)

Thanks

Do not ever fall into the trap of thinking that Livermore is the standard. Just because ROASO is a standard in trading reading, doesn't mean that it is a standard of trading achievement.

Livermore is a one-off.

i've been undecided as to whether to get this one or not, this thread reignited my interest and i have just this minute now purchased on amazon. i hope i'm not disappointed in the format, still it's only 14 quid. while ordering i got freefall dvd as well, just over a fiver :D