Reliable Method to Export Historical Data to Excel

dima777

Hello!

I need to have the 1000 bars of the hourly, 4-hourly, daily, weekly and the monthly Forex data (for 20 currency pairs) in Excel to perform certain calculations on a daily basis. I need updated data each day for the hourly, 4-hourly, daily datasets. I have a few questions:

1) What you think could be the most reliable way to achieve that?

2) I want the data to be free from certain spikes you see on various brokers. Do you think it is possible to export the data from a few broker’s MT4 terminals and aggregate them into one data set – removing single spikes which are not seen on the other terminals?

3) I would wish the historical data to updated using the DDE connection but I guess this kind of the export is not supported?

4) Do you know of some free or paid data service providers under 50$ per month which can do that? I do not real time data - it can be delayed.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!)

Dima

I use an eSignal add-on called Qlink to populate my excel charts with data. I can pull both real time and historical data. I have a number of excel sheets that I run every evening and I have found the data to be very reliable and fast. I think I pay $20/mo for the service.

As far as you're question #2, I really doubt that you're going to find something that will allow you to grab data from specific sources. Your only chance might be a full Bloomberg terminal and that will be VERY expensive.

This will direct you to some info on Qlink: Descriptions of market data and software features of eSignal

G luck,

Rick

Hello Rick!
Thank you very much for this detailed reply. I wanted to clarify - this add-on can work with the OnDemand service form Esignal? I need the intra-day and the daily ad weekly forex historical data (last 1000 bars) updated each day.
thanks!!!!

Hello Rick!
Thank you very much for this detailed reply. I wanted to clarify - this add-on can work with the OnDemand service form Esignal? I need the intra-day and the daily ad weekly forex historical data (last 1000 bars) updated each day.
thanks!!!!

Dima777, Qlink should work with the on-demand service though you might want to contact them to confirm. I have an excel sheet that tracks 1min data for the 24hour Forex pairs which is 1439 “bars” and it handles it no sweat. It’s actually pretty easy to get intraday data. Input your symbol, pick your time frame in this case 1min and tell it how many bars to pull down (1,000) and BOOM there it is!

Rick

Hello!

I need to have the 1000 bars of the hourly, 4-hourly, daily, weekly and the monthly Forex data (for 20 currency pairs) in Excel to perform certain calculations on a daily basis. I need updated data each day for the hourly, 4-hourly, daily datasets. I have a few questions:

1) What you think could be the most reliable way to achieve that?

2) I want the data to be free from certain spikes you see on various brokers. Do you think it is possible to export the data from a few broker’s MT4 terminals and aggregate them into one data set – removing single spikes which are not seen on the other terminals?

3) I would wish the historical data to updated using the DDE connection but I guess this kind of the export is not supported?

4) Do you know of some free or paid data service providers under 50$ per month which can do that? I do not real time data - it can be delayed.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!)

Dima

i can recommand you QB-DataExporter for MT5ToolBox.com - DataExporter

you can export data with every timeframe you want. 1minut up to 1 month. you can export also idicators, even you trading history

i can recommand you QB-DataExporter for MT5ToolBox.com - DataExporter

you can export data with every timeframe you want. 1minut up to 1 month. you can export also idicators, even you trading history

I would recommend getting off MT4 and trying eSignal. There is an add-on offered by eSignal called Qlink (think I pay ~$20/month) that will push any data that you are entitled for into an excel spread sheet. Then you can manipulate it and do any calculations that you wish.

eSignal uses GTIS for the forex prices and I have found them pretty reliable.

My 2c, good luck,

Rick

I would recommend getting off MT4 and trying eSignal. There is an add-on offered by eSignal called Qlink (think I pay ~$20/month) that will push any data that you are entitled for into an excel spread sheet. Then you can manipulate it and do any calculations that you wish.

eSignal uses GTIS for the forex prices and I have found them pretty reliable.

My 2c, good luck,

Rick

why you pay 20$/month when you have on MT5ToolBox.com - Home a free trial tool or you can buy it for 60 usd and you can use it forever.