RE: $1000 TO START U.S. OPTION TRADING!

Tempted

Dear All,

I have $1000 fund to start trading U.S. option, but i don't know how to trade to profitability. What are my chances of building or making millions from option trading. Note i am not interested in binary option.

Tempted

You need $2000 to at least start trading options with most investment banks. However I recommend having at least $5,000 to trade effectively.

What are my chances of building or making millions from option trading.
I would also like to know, what is the reality about options trading in regards to profits? Do exchanges pigeon hole ordinary options traders into yearly limits as to how much they can profit? What negative pressures do the bigger options traders with enormous account values place on the ordinary traders with say below $5,000, or below $10,000. Is it a total blood bath feeding frenzy or are there opportunities for the small fries?

You need $2000 to at least start trading options with most investment banks. However I recommend having at least $5,000 to trade effectively.
What platforms allow free demo accounts for trading options in real time? Forex.com, or any others?

What platforms allow free demo accounts for trading options in real time? Forex.com, or any others?
thinkorswim will allow you to paper trade, fake money, so you can test your skills against the market in real time before you jump in with real money.

thinkorswim will allow you to paper trade, fake money, so you can test your skills against the market in real time before you jump in with real money.
Chris thank you for that suggestion. I have not yet opened a Think Or Swim account but I will try that advice soon enough.

What I have now is my first account with options trading. It is a crypto currency exchange. This way I think it does not require $2000 or more to get started. It is more like $200 worth for an entry.

I have enough BTC for one options contract but when I look at the order panel I am lost.

The panel has: OI, bid, ask, strike, implied volatility, delta, and a few more. Although I have a decent grasp with reading BTC price movements, I am not ready to place any real trades yet. My understanding of options is still not up to snuff ...

Last edited:
Chris thank you for that suggestion. I have not yet opened a Think Or Swim account but I will try that advice soon enough.

What I have now is my first account with options trading. It is a crypto currency exchange. This way I think it does not require $2000 or more to get started. It is more like $200 worth for an entry.

I have enough BTC for one options contract but when I look at the order panel I am lost.

The panel has: OI, bid, ask, strike, implied volatility, delta, and a few more. Although I have a decent grasp with reading BTC price movements, I am not ready to place any real trades yet. My understanding of options is still not up to snuff ...
If you want to learn to trade options the right way I recommend you check out Option Strategies Insider. Where are you trading options and cryptocurrencies?

If you want to learn to trade options the right way I recommend you check out Option Strategies Insider. Where are you trading options and cryptocurrencies?
I am starting with the Option Strategies Insider beginner videos. Little by little - It will take some time to master but it will be worth it.

The cryptocurrency exchange that I signed up for is LedgerX OMNI. They have options contracts for Bitcoin. Their minimum deposit is 0.01 BTC.

I am starting with the Option Strategies Insider beginner videos. Little by little - It will take some time to master but it will be worth it.

The cryptocurrency exchange that I signed up for is LedgerX OMNI. They have options contracts for Bitcoin. Their minimum deposit is 0.01 BTC.

LedgerX okay, they are the US based one.