RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland)

goldy

Does anyone have a view on the effect of Santander off loading its RBS shares at £15.50. Can anyone see it dropping below? How long will it stay below as it was looking like it was on a rising trend, breaking £16.00.
Would now be a good time to buy at £15.50?

Are you share trading?

Why choose Royal Bank Of Scotland. Its tricky. I wouldn't have a consensus on it right now. Lets see. £1600 is a resistance level and its fallen back from that after rising sharply. Why did it rise? Well the FTSE100 has been steaming ahead and banking stocks rise due to that. Why has it fallen now from 1600 pounds as the FTSE100 has still been rising? Simply don't no. Its still above its 40 day sma. Maybe £1600 is resistance and profit taking kicked in. Or maybe its something more. Best thing to do is wait. Don't get attached to stocks because you like there name or because you've made money on them in the past. Trade convincing trends. RBS seems like a wait and see and could go either direction.

Another thing you may want to ask yourself is where will the FTSE100 be heading over the next few weeks? Will it go higher if so then RBS should trade over 1550. If the FTSE is to fall then RBS could breach 1550 and resume lower.

Its all very pshcological. Remember when the FTSE100 rises bank stocks tend to lead the rise and when the FTSE100 falls then banking stocks tend to lead that aswell.

Have a look at Burren Energy its currently a buy in my portfolio along with Havelock Europa both releasing results soon. I think we should see buying come into these stocks before results are released and they could go even more higher if the results are solid, which no doubt they will be as price of oil, gas etc will help Burren and construction companys are all producing solid results and Havelock Europa should follow suit.

Goodluck goldy