Quick reference for real trading profit. Tips that work

fayalac

Established member
560 14
Yes!

I hope a lot of people would pay attention to the tip you just gave, but since it is very easy to go against the trend looking for short therm variations many people gets trapped and loose money.
What i do, in a bull market (and vice versa) is if the price has gone too high i wait it to come back down and then i enter into a long position despite how attractive could be to get into a short one, not many people has paid attention to these tip and they are after me some two or three weeks later asking me how to do it.
Good one. :smart:

fayalac

Established member
560 14
:whistling

What about normal people??????

If you are really clever, hardworking etc. you should be able to figure out a winning system in 2 years

If you are averagely intelligent it will take approx 6-10 years

If you are not blessed with brains and motivation then as at school hunt around for a swot/geek type of know-it-all and crib off them. ( Could involve a lot of brown-nosing - ugh !! )

So unless you have an IQ of under 50 and the habits of a slug then YOU have no excuses for not being a success at day trading

QED :smart:

slicker2009

15 0
You should always try to end your day on a positive note. Try to end your trading day with a small positive trade or a small stop loss. This will keep your confidence levels fresh and ready for the next day . When you see more black entries (profits) than red entries ( losses ) for the day you will sleep better and your confidence will grow .

slicker2009

15 0
The "normal" people are too lazy to look back and ask themselves why things are going wrong . They are not willing to sacrifice the time to write down a diary of their trades and they think they can ignore advice given to them time and time again by experienced traders . Advice like :

GET OVER CONFIDENT AND THE MARKET WILL ABSOLUTELY & WITHOUT DOUBT PUT YOU RIGHT BACK IN YOUR PLACE .

Hilarymannah

467 52
Hi all,...
I always trade the reversals on recent highs and lows, pivots and sometimes MA's. I use three MA's for trend analysis and I trade the five minute charts.
It took me a good two years of constant study(eight hours a day, five days a wk) to get a real good feel for the market,..It's amazing what the sub-conscious mind holds! (I trade GBP/USD)

freezeSL

22 0
Why do people give up after three months?

It is because they are focused on how difficult it is rather than how easy it is. Focus on the positive rather than the negative. :)

wwwin1

29 0
I find that indicators do not help me and that support and resistance points are all you need to be successful

Demiwan

2 1
After a show of strength, buy above a low volume pullback (especially a perfect doji).

Buy above a successful low-volume test of the day's high.

Use a screener at the day's open looking for stocks that gap up 10% or more on 50k Volume+ above 0.75$. Weed out the one's with too much volume, because they will often only gap and range. Many times, the top couple of the open are your best candidates. Wait for the three bar swing to establish the highs and lows of the open, then look for a good entry.

If nothing pops out at the open, lower the % gain requirement on your screener and try to catch stocks that gapped only a few % points but that are trending a few hours in.

adamhargreaves

9 1
The golden rule

cut your losses short, let your profits run - golden rule often hard to adhere to when your starting out. The need to be right and the hope that your losing position will turn around is often the cause of destruction for most new account holders.

Large when your up small when your down - increasing your postion size when your winning reducing when your losing,

The edge is on top of the fence - My own sentiment, many traders feel like that they have to constantly be active in the market to make money, even if they cannot see clear reasons to enter a position they will feel pressured to be engaged in the market one way or another. The ability not to take a up a position and "sit on the fence" can be your "egde" as a trader. Why try to guess where a top and bottom might be? let the market prove your thoery rigth before you enter.