A question for the Index Future wizards

D

Dowser

I follow the 'Anyone scalping the FTSE futures' thread closely during the day. The problem is I spread bet and wonder how closely my prices actually follow the futures. I've attached the charts of the DOW, DAX and FTSE from Friday (23/09/16). Could any of the adepts that day trade these futures tell me how close my charts are to theirs?

Cheers (y)

Attachments

• DAXM5.png
    DAXM5.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 388
  • DOWM5.png
    DOWM5.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 395
  • FTSEM5.png
    FTSEM5.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 376
Looks like LCG chart is 0.5 or 1.0pts lower than yours.

SB charts have to track the underlying really close - if they didn't, we'd all be making easy money.

Looks like LCG chart is 0.5 or 1.0pts lower than yours.

SB charts have to track the underlying really close - if they didn't, we'd all be making easy money.

Unless they can make easy money by hitting our stops

If they did that and moved their price away from the underlying by any appreciable distance, me and people like me would be all over it with limits whilst hedging in the underlying singing

6099-darktone-albums-general-3-picture4190-65600085.jpg

If they did that and moved their price away from the underlying by any appreciable distance, me and people like me would be all over it with limits whilst hedging in the underlying singing

6099-darktone-albums-general-3-picture4190-65600085.jpg

Would you be able to do this in very fast markets, would your limits be filled?

Would you be able to do this in very fast markets, would your limits be filled?
Well if your stops would be filled then so would my limits. Otherwise we can pally up and give em the old 'why u tweet yo cwients differwent' routine.
They dont like that :cheesy:

Unless they can make easy money by hitting our stops

Its a myth that SB firms push the prices of their products away from the underlying in order to target their customers' stops. The SB firms don't have the weight to move markets, and I'm sure they find they don't have to.

I follow the 'Anyone scalping the FTSE futures' thread closely during the day. The problem is I spread bet and wonder how closely my prices actually follow the futures. I've attached the charts of the DOW, DAX and FTSE from Friday (23/09/16). Could any of the adepts that day trade these futures tell me how close my charts are to theirs?

Cheers (y)

The price you trade follows the futures market precisely regardless of what your indicative chart shows. That is to say, your stop could be hit even if the chart doesn't indicate price went to that level. Your SB company will inform you of this if you ever raise a dispute with them.