prospreads.com

prospreads has glaring weaknesses

The software is outdated, only works with certain browsers

No mobile platform which is a major blunder on their part , overnights margins way too high as they are not an real exchange and do not need to adhere to USA exchanges

No Vix trading

prospreads has glaring weaknesses
The software is outdated, only works with certain browsers
They use a Citrix connection, what's a browser got to do with anything? Please don't use IT jargon you don't understand.

No mobile platform which is a major blunder on their part
Why?

. . . overnights margins way too high as they are not an real exchange and do not need to adhere to USA exchanges
You mean they don't allow clients to overleverage? Common sense in my opinion.

They use a Citrix connection, what's a browser got to do with anything? Please don't use IT jargon you don't understand.

Why?

You mean they don't allow clients to overleverage? Common sense in my opinion.
Yes I think jkane is a bit negative about Prospreads. I have been considering trading with them but the lack of a automatic user predifine stop loss in points feature on the platform have hold me back. Maybe this have changed recently, I don't know?

Y . . . but the lack of a automatic user predifine stop loss in points feature on the platform have hold me back. Maybe this have changed recently, I don't know?

Only trade off their ladder myself but pretty sure you can do trailing stops etc so would be surprised if you couldn't do this as well.

Thanks, I'll have a look at that. It's still a problem though if you can't live test and not have to meet the minimum contract requirements

does not work with chrome(n)

whats deal with xtrader?

I think only works with regular account and not mini account

only trading company in world without mobile platform

Hi, has anyone Used Prospreads recently, their website looks like it hasn't been updated since late 2013? have they taken anymore platforms on and any views on them pls.

Hi, has anyone Used Prospreads recently, their website looks like it hasn't been updated since late 2013? have they taken anymore platforms on and any views on them pls.

Yeah would like to know too.

Any updates ?

Looks the same from 5 years ago?

Thanks.,

Goose4

Prospreads ( Now called Argon Financial) offers X Trader in a spread betting wrapper.

I trade with them...have done so for a number of years now. They tend to sort out problems quickly like stupid fills etc.

I trade with them...have done so for a number of years now. They tend to sort out problems quickly like stupid fills etc.

Thanks dude.

Joined with them,and very happy. Just trade the dax with them tho.

Out of interest do these guys still internally match some orders or are all orders passed through to the exchange?

IIRC they offer a DMA like solution but not necessarily a DMA solution... as per the screen print posted on here some years back where a limit order was shown in the order book on their platform but on a separate data feed it was clear the limit order was not in the actual order book at the exchange

it seems like a good solution if you're not concerned about queue position or latency (no doubt all orders are routed via Gibraltar then passed to the relevant exchange)... but perhaps not so good if you're say one of the few manual intraday traders left and are trying to scalp or leg into spread positions etc..

They are no longer offering mini accounts. All mini accounts will be closed by the end of the month.