Prop trader from Singapore

faat

Hi everybody,

My name is Sean and I've just joined a prop trading firm for about 2 months and I've been given the option to trade from home which I have decided to because it'd save me 700SGD/mth and that's quite a sum for a new trader.

Main point of this post is to meet new people perhaps from Singapore itself or any other traders that would happen to be having a vacation in Singapore; I'd be glad to bring you guys around or something.

I'd also be sharing my potential trade positions if anybody is interested and just discuss about trading. Constructive criticism preferably.

I trade E-mini during the Asian/Euro hours, may delve into US opening hours in the near future. I also trade FOREX on a demo account to further decrease the learning period and perhaps delve into FOREX in the future when I am consistently profitable and satisfied.

Cheers! :cheers:

Hi faat,

I am from Indonesia, next year i have plan to going SG and join trading arcade/rent desk.
I am quite profitable and enjoy trading with my own money. I trade FX futures, not hft.

What is your prop firm? Do u have any suggestion?
I heard uob and philips futures have trading spaces.

Anyway good job faat for your trading! Hope u have the consistency (y)

Hi faat,

I am from Indonesia, next year i have plan to going SG and join trading arcade/rent desk.
I am quite profitable and enjoy trading with my own money. I trade FX futures, not hft.

What is your prop firm? Do u have any suggestion?
I heard uob and philips futures have trading spaces.

Anyway good job faat for your trading! Hope u have the consistency (y)

Hi rainhard,

I'm currently at Phillips trading arcade and I have no big issues with it but I haven't seen the one at UOB. Both arcades are pretty nearby each other.
My firm isn't hiring anymore but there are quite a few prop firms in the vicinity. Given your profitability I think you wouldn't have much issues getting hired by them IMO.

this is a list of the firms in singapore and it is not exhaustive.
http://tradersingapore.blogspot.sg/p/prop-trading.html

Thanks and do drop me a message if you do happen to come by singapore. Would be glad to bring you around!

Cheers!

S&P has been pretty much ranging the past 2-3 days.
Very few and low probability trades.

My methodology of trading is mainly price action with the trend or with a clear market structure i.e. clearly defined S/R.

Made lousy trades the past few days so gonna sit the whipsaws out till then.

Great trading to all!

I think you need to ask yourself, wouldnt the 700SGD a month be a good investment. If you are a new trade surely it would be better to be in the trading office. 700SGD x X Months can be easily recovered once you are a consistently profitable trader but the extra time its takes you can never be replaced.

I think you need to ask yourself, wouldnt the 700SGD a month be a good investment. If you are a new trade surely it would be better to be in the trading office. 700SGD x X Months can be easily recovered once you are a consistently profitable trader but the extra time its takes you can never be replaced.

I only see it as costs and nothing else because I am currently trading alone because the others that were together with me in the beginning has left. Hope that clears some stuff up!

I only see it as costs and nothing else because I am currently trading alone because the others that were together with me in the beginning has left. Hope that clears some stuff up!

Well what about the experienced Traders in the office, you got more chance of succeeding if you surround yourself with pro traders than being at home trying to re-invent the wheel. Look at the 700SGD as a business cost.

Well what about the experienced Traders in the office, you got more chance of succeeding if you surround yourself with pro traders than being at home trying to re-invent the wheel. Look at the 700SGD as a business cost.

my office is basically a trading arcade so there is nobody who is under the same firm as me at the arcade. the only pro traders there would be those independent traders at the arcade. i get what you mean by like trying to learn from experienced traders but there isn't much opportunity to interact with the independent traders as everybody is always more or less glued to their screens.

i'm probably gonna be slower if i do it on my own but i know it can be done. i'm not really re-inventing the wheel but just using what alr seems to work and slowly tweaking them into a strategy of my own.

thanks a lot for your insight dojistar! i get where you're coming from and i definitely would trade in an office if there were senior traders i could look/learn from.

the reason why i've started in this forums is hopefully to learn from new people and make trading a little less lonely.

Cheers!

In your first post you said "I've just joined a prop trading firm" thats different from what you have explained in your last post. Anyway good luck. Hope it works out well for u.

In your first post you said "I've just joined a prop trading firm" thats different from what you have explained in your last post. Anyway good luck. Hope it works out well for u.

well long story short, there were senior traders and they did teach some form of trading which things didn't work out. both the senior and whichever traders that traded in the office has left so i'm alone now. the rest of the traders trade from home.

the reason they have left has nothing to do with the reputation of the firm but their own personal reasons.

thanks for the advice though dojistar! All the best for you too.

Hi

Hi faat, are you still trading with the prop firm? I have been prop day trader for an investment bank here in Malaysia with sole focus on bursa equity. would like to ask you some questions as I'm looking to expand my trading horizon. Since you are allowed to trade at home thus I wonder is it possible to trade in Malaysia instead?

Hi faat, are you still trading with the prop firm? I have been prop day trader for an investment bank here in Malaysia with sole focus on bursa equity. would like to ask you some questions as I'm looking to expand my trading horizon. Since you are allowed to trade at home thus I wonder is it possible to trade in Malaysia instead?

Hi Mac S'ng, I would like to work as a prop day trader in an investment bank/trading houses since I'm staying in M'sia too. Where should I start? Will they hire me as I do not have any experience trading & no qualifications in economy/finance industry.

maybe you can start trying to build up a track record of your profitability first