Predicting future FX support and resistance levels using mathematics

Looked at your chart link and saw the spike at 11:00 GMT with a question mark.

That was my question on this thread.

"At 7:05 am (GMT-4) GBPUSD spiked down dramatically then bounced off daily sentiment level S1 at 1.3938. Was this price action due to last Friday in the month bank corrections? I cannot find any news to explain this event."

What is your knowledge about the spike?

The point about the VRM is that it does not know when tsunamis will hit Japan or how and when banks fix their books at the end of the month. But it does predict levels about which the market moves in response to news and sentiment. Hence Friday's daily sentiment level S1 at 1.3938. was a good level to look out for.

Looked at your chart link and saw the spike at 11:00 GMT with a question mark.

That was my question on this thread.

"At 7:05 am (GMT-4) GBPUSD spiked down dramatically then bounced off daily sentiment level S1 at 1.3938. Was this price action due to last Friday in the month bank corrections? I cannot find any news to explain this event."

What is your knowledge about the spike?

The point about the VRM is that it does not know when tsunamis will hit Japan or how and when banks fix their books at the end of the month. But it does predict levels about which the market moves in response to news and sentiment. Hence Friday's daily sentiment level S1 at 1.3938. was a good level to look out for.

https://www.mql5.com/en/charts/8359646/gbpusd-h1-forex-ltd

You should understand...Your playing a game...Slower then everyone who is directly connected to the market... Your playing with less money and don't face liquidity issues (most likely) If you did you'd start to understand what is happening. They need liquidity... What better liquidity then taking peoples stops... or putting them underwater when they don't trade with a stop... Now think you have multiple players that come together and fight against each other, make deals AND using algos to their specifications just to induce you to buy or sell a market.

Was your candlestick analysis in your link above done in hindsight? Or could you see the candlestick where everyone is unloading their short positions in real time?

The 5 minute chart I uploaded Friday has a falling EMA(4,7) channel from 6:25 (GMT-4) . So according to my current trading strategy this is a sell position. The market was already trending down through the VRM levels after a bounce off VRM level 1.3986.

I attach Friday's 5 minute chart again with arrow to show the time I am talking about.

Attachments

• 2018-02-23-GBPUSD-5min-1800-marked.png
    2018-02-23-GBPUSD-5min-1800-marked.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Was your candlestick analysis in your link above done in hindsight? Or could you see the candlestick where everyone is unloading their short positions in real time?

The 5 minute chart I uploaded Friday has a falling EMA(4,7) channel from 6:25 (GMT-4) . So according to my current trading strategy this is a sell position. The market was already trending down through the VRM levels after a bounce off VRM level 1.3986.

I attach Friday's 5 minute chart again with arrow to show the time I am talking about.

Look where I took the long and got out of my position because I knew they were only moving the market to induce buyers. I'm Proven correct because that spike Takes out all the people who were buying So they could Get out of the short positions they were previously in. Then they Got long to take out all the people who chased the spike short... That's why Fridays are basically the worst days to trade for most traders cause they simply can not see why the market is doing what it is doing...

Look where I took the long and got out of my position because I knew they were only moving the market to induce buyers. I'm Proven correct because that spike Takes out all the people who were buying So they could Get out of the short positions they were previously in. Then they Got long to take out all the people who chased the spike short... That's why Fridays are basically the worst days to trade for most traders cause they simply can not see why the market is doing what it is doing...

Thank you for your insight.

My current trading strategy using VRM levels and a 5 minute EMA(4,7) channel would have worked well Friday against the plotting of the market makers.

Last edited:
Thank you for your insight.

My current trading strategy using VRM levels and a 5 minute EMA(4,7) channel would have worked well Friday against the plotting of the market makers.

Thats why I find your VRM kinda interesting. I feel like if you could code VRM that targeted Expected areas of liquidity you'd see a drastic increase in profitability...

GBPUSD predictions 26th February

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 26th February in New York.

The predictions are now in chart format and CSV format for input into charting systems. Predictions are in the column format of date, high, low, close, trend channel top, bottom and middle and 24 dual columns for the VRM levels. The last entry gives today's predictions and this week's predictions. The CSV file also gives past results for the VRM for back testing trading strategies. As the current day and week have not finished, the high, low and close entries are set to zero for these dates. The FX chart corresponds to the last daily and weekly CSV file entries.

Documents describing the Volatility Response Model (VRM) and the chart format can be found on the first post of this thread.

Predictions for VRM levels of EURGBP and EURUSD and 10 other FX pairs can be found at

https://www.complexhamiltoniansystems.com/fxcharts/

My current trading strategy is on page #20 post #157 of this thread.

Attachments

• gbpusd.PNG
    gbpusd.PNG
    58.7 KB · Views: 147
  • GBP-USD-DAILY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 205
  • GBP-USD-WEEKLY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 185
Your going to be mentioned in the video i'm uploading. I'm only telling you because I saw your name pop up on a few Russian websites that I doubt your familiar with, a long with mine and few others from this site. People are out there watching bud.

Cheers,

GBPUSD results for 26th February

I always load predictions for VRM levels of GBPUSD and 12 other FX pairs at the following link first. So anyone looking for predictions for the next 24 hours should click the following link if they need them earlier than my Trade2Win post

Yesterday I attached the predicted support and resistance levels of GBPUSD of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for today.

EURGBP and EURUSD VRM levels were on the website

Here are the results for GBPUSD.

Weekly VRM levels in the top 30 minute chart, daily VRM levels in the bottom 30 minute chart. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

Low for the day was at long term trend channel middle 1.3926. The market could not break through the lowest daily sentiment level.

High for the day was at the weekly sentiment level 1.4066

There were some large gaps between VRM levels to trade between.

Attachments

• 2018-02-26-GBPUSD-30min.png
    2018-02-26-GBPUSD-30min.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 132
GBPUSD predictions 27th February

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 27th February in New York.

The predictions are now in chart format and CSV format for input into charting systems. Predictions are in the column format of date, high, low, close, trend channel top, bottom and middle and 24 dual columns for the VRM levels. The last entry gives today's predictions and this week's predictions. The CSV file also gives past results for the VRM for back testing trading strategies. As the current day and week have not finished, the high, low and close entries are set to zero for these dates. The FX chart corresponds to the last daily and weekly CSV file entries.

Documents describing the Volatility Response Model (VRM) and the chart format can be found on the first post of this thread.

Predictions for VRM levels of EURGBP and EURUSD and 10 other FX pairs can be found at

Attachments

• GBP-USD-WEEKLY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 151
  • GBP-USD-DAILY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 168
  • gbpusd.PNG
    gbpusd.PNG
    58.6 KB · Views: 114
GBPUSD results for 27th February

I always load predictions for VRM levels of GBPUSD and 12 other FX pairs at the following link first by 6pm New York time. So anyone looking for predictions for the next 24 hours should click the following link if they need them earlier than my Trade2Win post.

Yesterday I attached the predicted support and resistance levels of GBPUSD of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for today.

Weekly VRM levels in the top 30 minute chart, daily VRM levels in the bottom 30 minute chart. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

High for the day was at the weekly S1 sentiment level 1.3988

Low for the day was close to the daily level 1.3854. After that bounce the GBPUSD retraced to the bottom of the daily sentiment levels at 1.3939 before falling again.

Attachments

• 2018-02-27-GBPUSD-30min.png
    2018-02-27-GBPUSD-30min.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 122
GBPUSD 27th February 10 min candlesticks

Today I was testing ten minute candlesticks with the EMA(4,7) channel to see how they behave over 3 hour time periods.

I attach the chart I was using with the appropriate daily and weekly VRM levels. From 8 am (GMT-4) the GBPUSD fell continuously to level 1.3854 before bouncing.

In this chart I consider a bounce to have happened when the 10 minute EMA(4,7) channel crosses over and then 1 more candlestick to confirm.

At 6:40am you can see the start of the bounce off the long term trend channel middle at 1.3971.

From 9 to 10 am the short term trend channel middle at 1.3926 caused quite a lot of volatility as the market broke down through.

Has anyone tried other timescales?

Attachments

• 2018-02-27-GBPUSD-10min-1925.png
    2018-02-27-GBPUSD-10min-1925.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
GBPUSD predictions 28th February

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 28th February in New York.

Attachments

• GBP-USD-WEEKLY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 152
  • GBP-USD-DAILY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 159
  • gbpusd.PNG
    gbpusd.PNG
    58.5 KB · Views: 95
GBPUSD & EURGBP results for 28th February

I always load predictions for VRM levels of GBPUSD and 12 other FX pairs at the following link first by 6pm New York time. So anyone looking for predictions for the next 24 hours should click the following link if they need them earlier than my Trade2Win post.

Here are the results for GBPUSD and EURGBP

GBPUSD high for the day was at the daily sentiment level 1.3912

GBPUSD low for the day was at the short term trend channel bottom 1.3755. I have the low for the day as 1.37565.

The give-away signal that a GBP sell off had started occurred in the EURGBP top chart at 4:30 am (GMT-4). The EURGBP bounced off the weekly S1 sentiment level 0.8783 at the same time GBPUSD bounced off daily sentiment level 1.3912. Weekly and daily S1 sentiment levels are very important in the VRM.

The GBPUSD and EURGBP charts show how the two markets coordinate about their respective VRM levels.

Attachments

• 2018-02-28-GBPUSD-EURGBP-30min.png
    2018-02-28-GBPUSD-EURGBP-30min.png
    149.7 KB · Views: 128
GBPUSD predictions for 1st March

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 1st March in New York.

Attachments

• gbpusd.PNG
    gbpusd.PNG
    59.7 KB · Views: 96
  • GBP-USD-DAILY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 156
  • GBP-USD-WEEKLY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 160
GBPUSD results for 1st March

The GBPUSD spent the last 24 hours trapped between two weekly VRM levels 1.3779 and 1.3724

Low for the day was at weekly level 1.3724 and the bottom of the short term trend channel 1.3726.

High for the day was at the weekly level 1.3779

Attachments

• 2018-03-01-GBPUSD-30min.png
    2018-03-01-GBPUSD-30min.png
    132.7 KB · Views: 111
GBPUSD predictions for 2nd March

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 2nd March in New York.

Attachments

• gbpusd.PNG
    gbpusd.PNG
    59.6 KB · Views: 108
  • GBP-USD-DAILY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 175
  • GBP-USD-WEEKLY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 151