Predicting future FX support and resistance levels using mathematics

GBPUSD predictions for 20th February

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 20th February in New York.

The predictions are now in chart format and CSV format for input into charting systems. Predictions are in the column format of date, high, low, close, trend channel top, bottom and middle and 24 dual columns for the VRM levels. The last entry gives today's predictions and this week's predictions. The CSV file also gives past results for the VRM for back testing trading strategies. As the current day and week have not finished, the high, low and close entries are set to zero for these dates. The FX chart corresponds to the last daily and weekly CSV file entries.

Documents describing the Volatility Response Model (VRM) and the chart format can be found on the first post of this thread.

Predictions for VRM levels of EURGBP and EURUSD and 10 other FX pairs can be found at

https://www.complexhamiltoniansystems.com/fxcharts/

My current trading strategy is on page #20 post #157 of this thread.

Attachments

• gbpusd.PNG
    gbpusd.PNG
    58.3 KB · Views: 147
  • GBP-USD-DAILY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 149
  • GBP-USD-WEEKLY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 148
Any myfxbook for confirmation your strategy works? or screen shot of win loss? average win/ average loss?

Any myfxbook for confirmation your strategy works? or screen shot of win loss? average win/ average loss?

I have provided thread members such as Smart_Money in posts #98, #116 and #119 with GBPUSD data for back testing but I have heard nothing more. I was hoping for feedback there. I do not have access to intra-day data to carry out back testing.

Last Friday was a US$ buy back for EURUSD and GBPUSD. Last thing about Thursday midnight I did set a sell trade below the EURUSD daily VRM level 1.2554 and followed it down about 104 basis points. I intermittently trade $5000 lot sizes at the moment to gain experience. I attach a CMC history screen shot of the open and close of the trade. In time I should have more statistics to answer your questions.

PS Thank you for pointing me to myFXbook. A site I did not know about.

Attachments

• 2018-02-16-EURUSD-CMC-104basispoints.png
    2018-02-16-EURUSD-CMC-104basispoints.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
I have provided thread members such as Smart_Money in posts #98, #116 and #119 with GBPUSD data for back testing but I have heard nothing more. I was hoping for feedback there. I do not have access to intra-day data to carry out back testing.

Last Friday was a US$ buy back for EURUSD and GBPUSD. Last thing about Thursday midnight I did set a sell trade below the EURUSD daily VRM level 1.2554 and followed it down about 104 basis points. I intermittently trade $5000 lot sizes at the moment to gain experience. I attach a CMC history screen shot of the open and close of the trade. In time I should have more statistics to answer your questions.

hmm ok. Yeah no problem about the myfxbook. Easy way to show a lot of stats.

History and future profits are completely different universes. Price is driven by expectations of asset performance, while past expectations has no chance to repeat. Can't enter same river twice :D

GBPUSD results for 20th February

Last night I attached the predicted support and resistance levels of GBPUSD of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for today.

EURGBP and EURUSD VRM levels were on the website

Here are the results for GBPUSD.

Weekly VRM levels in the top 30 minute chart, daily VRM levels in the bottom 30 minute chart. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

Low for the day was at short term trend channel middle level 1.3932
High for the day was at weekly S1 sentiment level 1.4023

There were some large gaps between VRM levels to trade between.

Attachments

• 2018-02-20-GBPUSD-30min.png
    2018-02-20-GBPUSD-30min.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 116
GBPUSD predictions 21st February

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 21st February in New York.

The predictions are now in chart format and CSV format for input into charting systems. Predictions are in the column format of date, high, low, close, trend channel top, bottom and middle and 24 dual columns for the VRM levels. The last entry gives today's predictions and this week's predictions. The CSV file also gives past results for the VRM for back testing trading strategies. As the current day and week have not finished, the high, low and close entries are set to zero for these dates. The FX chart corresponds to the last daily and weekly CSV file entries.

Documents describing the Volatility Response Model (VRM) and the chart format can be found on the first post of this thread.

Predictions for VRM levels of EURGBP and EURUSD and 10 other FX pairs can be found at

Attachments

• GBP-USD-WEEKLY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 155
  • GBP-USD-DAILY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 173
  • gbpusd.PNG
    gbpusd.PNG
    57.8 KB · Views: 100
I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 21st February in New York.

You ever thought about doing a video explaining how your vrm model works, strategy and past results? And asking it be linked to your first post? It seems that would be a much more attractive thing to do. Just my opinion though. Cheers

You ever thought about doing a video explaining how your vrm model works, strategy and past results? And asking it be linked to your first post? It seems that would be a much more attractive thing to do. Just my opinion though. Cheers

Thank you for your suggestion. At the moment I occasionally add a 5 minute chart over multiple 3 hour periods to show the trades that could have been made. Will consider adding further information.

I suggest to anyone who is interested just to choose an FX pair and plot a 5 minute chart with the closest 5 VRM levels above and below the current price. Look at the daily and weekly VRM levels to choose the 5 above and 5 below. VRM levels that are duplicates or within 2 basis points just use one of them. Don't forget to add an EMA(4,7) channel. See my current trading strategy on page #20 post #157 of this thread. Just watch the market price action interacting with the VRM levels.

GBPUSD, EURGBP & EURUSD results 21 February - US FOMC Meeting Minutes

Last night I attached the predicted support and resistance levels of GBPUSD of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for today.

Here are the results for the triplet GBPUSD, EURGBP and EURUSD following the US FOMC Meeting Minutes today.

Weekly VRM levels in the top 30 minute charts, daily VRM levels in the bottom 30 minute charts. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

The charts show how the GBPUSD, EURGBP and EURUSD price actions coordinate about their respective VRM levels.

GBPUSD high for the day at highest daily sentiment level 1.4011

GBPUSD low for the day about daily level 1.3926

EURUSD high for day at daily S1 sentiment level 1.2360 happening at the same time as the GBPUSD daily high. I have the EURUSD daily high as 1.23603

EURUSD low for the day at VRM daily level 1.2281. I have the EURUSD low for the day as 1.22806

Attachments

• 2018-02-21-GBPUSD-EURGBP-EURUSD-30min.png
    2018-02-21-GBPUSD-EURGBP-EURUSD-30min.png
    387.4 KB · Views: 102
GBPUSD predictions for 22nd February

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 22 February in New York.

Attachments

• GBP-USD-WEEKLY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 152
  • GBP-USD-DAILY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 155
  • gbpusd.PNG
    gbpusd.PNG
    58 KB · Views: 103
I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 22 February in New York.

I really think a visual representation of you taking a trade based off your VRM would do it a lot of justice... In video...

Just my thoughts

GBPUSD 3 hour candlestick trade today 22 February

I attach a 5 minute candlestick chart showing a trade following my trading strategy on page #20 post #157 of this thread. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

Notice the bounce off weekly VRM level at 1.3856 at about 7.40 am. At the start of the 3 hour candlestick at 8:05 am the EMA(4,7) is trending. Follow it up to the middle of the short term trend channel at 1.3950. Expect bounces at top, middle and bottom of trend channels. See my trading strategy for this rule. And at 11:15 there is the EMA(4,7) crossover. Close the trade. When I trade, I trade in 3 hour blocks.

Attachments

• 2018-02-22-GBPUSD-5min-1120.png
    2018-02-22-GBPUSD-5min-1120.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
GBPUSD results for 22nd February

Here are the results for GBPUSD.

Weekly VRM levels in the top 30 minute chart, daily VRM levels in the bottom 30 minute chart. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

Low for the day was at weekly level 1.3856
High for the day was at daily level 1.3986

GBPUSD spent over 6 hours supported by the long term trend chart middle at 1.3879

GBPUSD spent over 2 hours blocked by the highest daily sentiment level 1.3944

There were some large gaps between VRM levels to trade between.

Attachments

• 2018-02-22-GBPUSD-30min.png
    2018-02-22-GBPUSD-30min.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 114
GBPUSD predictions 23rd February

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 23rd February in New York.

Attachments

• gbpusd.PNG
    gbpusd.PNG
    58 KB · Views: 145
  • GBP-USD-DAILY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 177
  • GBP-USD-WEEKLY.CSV
    46 KB · Views: 184
GBPUSD results for 23rd February

Here are the results for GBPUSD. Two attachments.

First attachment. Weekly VRM levels in the top 30 minute chart, daily VRM levels in the bottom 30 minute chart. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

Low for the day was about daily sentiment level 1.3920
High for the day was at daily level 1.4005

Second attachment showing the 5 minute chart from 5 am until market close with VRM levels. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

At 7:05 am (GMT-4) GBPUSD spiked down dramatically then bounced off daily sentiment level S1 at 1.3938. Was this price action due to last Friday in the month bank corrections? I cannot find any news to explain this event. After that the GBPUSD spent the rest of the day supported by the short term trend channel middle at 1.3964.

Attachments

• 2018-02-23-GBPUSD-30min.png
    2018-02-23-GBPUSD-30min.png
    121 KB · Views: 155
  • 2018-02-23-GBPUSD-5min-1800.png
    2018-02-23-GBPUSD-5min-1800.png
    132.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Here are the results for GBPUSD. Two attachments.

First attachment. Weekly VRM levels in the top 30 minute chart, daily VRM levels in the bottom 30 minute chart. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

Low for the day was about daily sentiment level 1.3920
High for the day was at daily level 1.4005

Second attachment showing the 5 minute chart from 5 am until market close with VRM levels. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

At 7:05 am (GMT-4) GBPUSD spiked down dramatically then bounced off daily sentiment level S1 at 1.3938. Was this price action due to last Friday in the month bank corrections? I cannot find any news to explain this event. After that the GBPUSD spent the rest of the day supported by the short term trend channel middle at 1.3964.

If you can't explain that spike I feel like you don't really know what's going on...