Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that what you call a sucker pin on the dow TD? I think I might give your thread a read you know.

Those Dow hourly pins on my chart are off an absolutely cracking level. That level right there is the dictionary definition of a high probability level.

But the first one was invalidated and the second one doesn't hang down right. So even if I traded the Dow, I probably wouldn't take them.

P.S. Don't bother with reading that thread.

There are too many people trading this way as it is.

Those Dow hourly pins on my chart are off an absolutely cracking level. That level right there is the dictionary definition of a high probability level.

But the first one was invalidated and the second one doesn't hang down right. So even if I traded the Dow, I probably wouldn't take them.

P.S. Don't bother with reading that thread.

There are too many people trading this way as it is.

thanks

whats the probs with people trading high prob pins? making it harder?

This gave me some perspective on things (source: Wikipedia): Of the $3.98 trillion daily global turnover, trading in London accounted for around $1.36 trillion, or 34.1% of the total, making London by far the global center for foreign exchange. In second and third places respectively, trading in New York accounted for 16.6%, and Tokyo accounted for 6.0%.[4] In addition to "traditional" turnover, $2.1 trillion was traded in derivatives.

Based on the above, I only traded hourly setups when either London or New York were open. Also, I only traded USD and CAD pairs after London close.

trader_dante, which pairs would you consider trading after London close but when NY is still in session?

Based on the above, I only traded hourly setups when either London or New York were open. Also, I only traded USD and CAD pairs after London close.

trader_dante, which pairs would you consider trading after London close but when NY is still in session?

I trade everything 24/7 but I'm much more discerning after 4pm until 6am the next morning (for fx pairs at least anyway)

If any of you are wondering where my last post went - I deleted it. I have to do that from time to time. I like to share everything I know but there are a lot of people that don't like sharing and there will be all sorts of complications if they know this stuff is in the public domain but at least this way a few people will see my posts before they go :)

what else could there possibly be that you haven't shared already? (trading wise like!)

Second Officer Charles Herbert Lightoller: It will make the bergs harder to see... with no breaking water at the base.
Captain Smith: Hmm. Well, I'm off. Mantain speed and heading, Mr. Lightoller.

Second Officer Charles Herbert Lightoller: It will make the bergs harder to see... with no breaking water at the base.
Captain Smith: Hmm. Well, I'm off. Mantain speed and heading, Mr. Lightoller.

i was actually pondering the likeness of the current financial climate to an iceberg earlier..

I'm just trying decide whether to lash my whole account short on the dow right now, go to sleep and not log in til august. Should pay my holiday off.

what else could there possibly be that you haven't shared already? (trading wise like!)

And therein lies the problem...

And I'm really sorry to say this because I know there are a lot of you that enjoy reading and posting here but I'm going to ask for this thread to be closed.

Unfortunately this thread has attracted a lot of attention and is being monitored by those that, let's just say, don't have all your best interests at heart.

I will miss this thread - it's been something I've checked every day and passed many a quiet hour between trades but I would ask that none of you start a copy cat thread. Trust me when I say that in all likelihood, it will be detrimental to your success as a collective group. I'm sorry I can't say much more but if you knew what I did, you would know that I am making the right decision here.

Those of you that have followed MMT and this thread know the setups by now.

I sincerely wish all of you all the best in your trading.

Tom

Well, I've had a few days break from T2W and found it really refreshing! I just read the other thread discussing whether this one should end...and all the slander about me that's been spread on it which I have to say has amused me no end.

I thought I'd make a quick post on here because although I PM'd a lot of people at the time, I'm sure a few slipped through the net.

Firstly, I've not blown my account. Infact, I made a new account high only last week. Such rumours are completely ridiculous.

Secondly, although I think that Genics starting this thread was a pretty unimaginative, trite and immature thing to do right after I asked for the old one to be closed, I accept that I don't have any kind of control over who decides to post what, nor would I want it. I don't own this PA strategy. All I have done is explain how I trade it.

I closed the thread for two reasons. Number 1: You all know the setups by now and don't I believe, need your hands held, asking the opinions of others as to where you should put your stop and whether a trade is worth taking. Particularly when half the people that post are trading on differing time frames with differing perspectives and attitudes towards risk and reward.The answers to a lot of the questions regarding trading the hourly and daily TF are in the original thread and anyone that spends the time to read it, will know them. Ultimately it is down to the individual to stand on their own two feet and I think it was in the best interests of everyone for me to stand aside and let them do that. At the same time, I would like to concentrate on my own setups more rather than holding everyone elses hand all the time.

Secondly, I did it because I really don't want to take any chances in my trading. My account is getting big enough that I am no longer "under the radar" when I trade with some firms. I am not a paranoid freak that thinks the big boys are out to fade my setups. I understand that my last post on PS was somewhat sketchy but that is partly due to the mood I was in when I wrote it. At any rate: to CLARIFY:

I'm not here to start the rumour mill circulating all over again. I will say just one thing to try and clear things up: It is a FACT that PS was being monitored. As are other threads in a similar vein on ET and FF.

It was being monitored by dealers and traders that work for Spreadbet companies. It was being monitored by traders and brokers at very large firms. How do I know this? It was clarified for me in three ways: Firstly by several dealers at SB firms that approached me and told me (some openly, some not so) on what they were doing, secondly by a close friend I have in the industry who has seen my thread being monitored first hand by a very large brokerage and thirdly by some of the mods here at T2W.

I don't know why its being monitored. Nor do I really care. All I am sure of is that these firms aren't learning how to trade PA. That you can be damn sure of.

Perhaps they are reading it because this strategy is popular and although its as old as the hills, its gaining a lot of popularity recently and it pays to be aware of what "the herd" are doing and looking at. Everyone on Potential Setups became the herd, representing what the herd was seeing and doing. I've seen a lot of sh*t in my time trading including one big trader that if he wants to get short in a market, he is not comfortable until he has checked sentiment on ET, T2W and YouTube and made sure that everyone is bullish. That is another FACT and simply not something I want to be a part of. It makes me laugh sometimes when I see people saying "yeah Dante, sure the big boys are going to be interested in whats being said on your thread on T2W"...you can think what you like...you honestly have no idea of who is reading that thread. I, however, do.

Finally, I was approached a while back by some people in the SB industry that approached me for rather nefarious purposes and it was clear to me that the level of manipulation runs deep. (nothing new there) and I no longer want to be discussing what I am doing all the time. Unfortunately I cannot say anymore than that because the same people that approached me are probably reading this. You can either take my word for it or you can continue to gossip about me and spread bullsh*t. Whichever is up to you.

I'm not leaving T2W and will still continue to post, just wanted to take a backseat for now - particularly from this thread. I am still around and will help anyone that asks via PM. I wish all of you the best with your trading. Work at it and you will get there.

If the mods feel this post should go at the end of the other discussion thread, that is fine with me. A copy in both would be good.

Tom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.