Posts by Non-Humans

Rufus_Leakey

Established member
Many posts seem to be not written by a person but generated instead. This makes Trade2Win less enjoyable to read. Is there a reason these accounts aren't banned?

Here are some from just today.

It has always been like that. There were always people who were ready to work for results and achieve something with their ideas and their work. And there have always been those people who are ready to deceive and create some fraudulent schemes to take possession of other people's property. And it seems to me that the fight against it should be done from different sides. On the one hand, we ourselves must be as careful as possible not to get into risky situations. On the other hand, our legislation and government control should also become more extensive and competent, so that people who are planning something similar, immediately understand the consequences that await them, and accordingly, only normal business should remain a priority.
Despite the fact that we all strive for profit, etc. Each of us has a special motivation, and it is really key that we can gain additional profit, recognition, and the possibility of additional development, etc. So I think that you may not have foreseen all the points, for many people it may be in some specific features. But in fact I'm also curious about the opinion of my colleagues myself, because the right motivation is important in all circumstances, it's what helps us move forward, and it's what allows us to cope faster in the difficulties that often arise in our path. A person should always have a source of inspiration, no matter what they do.
It seems to me that the market can be easy for everyone if you can find something that will help you on a regular basis as soon as possible. Each of us has our own preferences, and each of us has our own views on how things should go. And there's no need to be guided by any advice or restrictions. You should focus only on how you feel and how confident you feel about using one or another tool. And for this you definitely need to practice, because with experience comes understanding, with experience you begin to find faster what will help you solve problems. You don't have to wait for profit here and now, the calmer you move, the more likely it is that you will move as far as possible.
The trading plan is a really important component of a trader's work, because it is exactly what makes your work more structural and more accurate, it helps you to understand what you are doing in a particular situation, it also helps you to keep statistics more accurate, so that you can evaluate your decisions under all circumstances, and accordingly it will help you to act in the market not as an amateur, but as a real professional who knows well what he is doing. In fact, this kind of structuring should be present in any business project you choose for yourself. We can't act without some specific guidelines.
The biggest problem is that people think that it is possible to earn here without problems.
And I don't think that this is people's fault. To a greater extent, this opinion was formed because of some reviews on the Internet, because of articles that say that here you can make a profit mechanically or in a passive format.
And in many ways the formation of this idea was helped by brokerage companies, which want to attract as many traders as possible, regardless of their level of training and willingness to work in the real market. And that is why people are beginning to believe, especially in such crisis times, as now, when many people are left without work.
And what do we see in the bottom line? Disappointment, financial losses, negative reviews and many others.
Maybe I look at this situation too pessimistically, but I rarely see everything happening as fast as it happens in training articles or videos or trading tutorials.
I've been thinking for a long time about how a person can handle and adjust it, and I just started to leave a bigger error in my work and analysis. Because it helps me not to be disappointed every time and to act adequately to the situation, plus it helps me to find possible solutions at once, so I immediately become ready for any situation.
And after that I don't have to spend time and nerves to find a quick way out of the situation. And I will probably advise other traders to do the same...
As soon as you see that something non-standard is going on in the trading terminal you are working with, or such sharp changes with spread, you should immediately contact the managers of the brokerage company or at least to the support service. This should not happen during your daily work, nothing should prevent you, and even if there is some technical failure or something like that, they should compensate you for your losses, because it is not your fault. This company has created unexpected conditions for you. And if suddenly you will face this in the future, then you should definitely think about another company, I hate it when they create some additional problems.
Fibo definitely deserves attention, it's not for nothing that this indicator is included in the list of classic methods of analysis, because it can be used as an independent method of analysis, and in tandem with other indicators - it all depends on how you work and how serious levels you use in your work...
As far as timeframes are concerned, this is of course a separate conversation. But I think that 15 minutes is not such a small amount of time and for intraday trading this may be enough, so you don't have to listen to everyone's advice if you feel and see in practice that it leads to profit - keep it up.
As practice shows, those who go beyond the generally accepted norms earn more.
I think that every trader should choose what he likes. And recently, passive formats have really become popular in trading, and I think it has become so because people are a little confused about all the events that have happened over the past year. But at the same time, everyone wants to keep the usual profit and not miss anything important. And probably, it seems to traders that all this can support them at the moment. I don't think it can be a real panacea. But in some cases it can be relevant, especially if you yourself could find some quality working format. It happens rarely, but it is still possible, especially if you want to find it yourself. And you spare no effort.
I think that profitability is a dubious indicator, because first of all we have to learn how to navigate the events and positions in the market, and it will already lead to a stable profit. Because I know that many traders make their first profit quite quickly. And that's because they use someone's recommendation or they just get lucky. But I think the only thing that you need to evaluate is stability. That's an indicator that you're only moving forward and every day new perspectives are opening up for you. It's really important and it can be used not only in trading, but in any other business. We must become independent and autonomous.

This is just the beginning, there's the proverbial "elephant in the room" we also seem to be forgetting making T2W less enjoyable to read. A thread being populated by a complete turd, let alone non-human

Many posts seem to be not written by a person but generated instead. This makes Trade2Win less enjoyable to read. Is there a reason these accounts aren't banned?

That's a good observation, yes some posters do come across like robots (or strange auto-translations from another language)

Last edited:
As a Mod I have on many occasions challenged what appear to be robot generated posters by asking them to reply to a PM that I have sent them. If they don't they get banned but many do reply although there are some that post useless information. I don't have the time to spot all of them.

t2w used to be a super vibrant forum. I remember back in 2008 this place was so busy it took a while to catchup on latest posts. There was even a lot of banter and then something changed and it rapidly lost interest to the point I wonder how long it will last. That being said I reckon many people just stopped trading due to lack of success. I think this forum has an opportunity now that it has lost a lot of people to reinvent its roadmap. Things like sponsored trading comps, open source professional content, banter areas, market data tools etc. I just don't see what this forum offers anyone but those that have been here for a long time and enjoy happy moments discussing wife's, girlfriends, politics, and climate issues etc. there is little content here that could be deemed attractive to a newcomer to the site and as a result, the same old names keep popping up with others that come and go. Such a sad roadmap this forum has endured, it was at least more fun with the banter. I rarely post here these days besides my algo work and I really do miss the vibrant community. Spent some time on fx factory but the mods there are a joke and the site is full of new_trader type of characters who thinks the sun shines out their ar5e5. t2w won't last if it keeps this up and needs to reinvent itself.

I agree with you FXX. (also with the OPs comment about bot-like members)
I think that the longer-lasting member here, if my experience is anything to go by, is the initial flurry of excitement has given way to settling down with a specific system, and just trading, and so T2W is more of a cyber-watering-hole, and less about systems, etc.

I suspect the fresh-faced wannabees looking to make it big are doing the Amazon FBA and drop-shipping thing, rather than FX, as these things are more relatable to some people than trading currencies. Maybe thats why T2W is garnering less interest these days.
I love the drama over on FF, its really entertaining, in a car-crash kind of way.
(although these are some good niche threads also, esp on 1-2-3 reversals (Plan the Trade) and Carpe Diem.)

Anyway, have a good week. ;)

t2w used to be a super vibrant forum. I remember back in 2008 this place was so busy it took a while to catchup on latest posts. There was even a lot of banter and then something changed and it rapidly lost interest to the point I wonder how long it will last. That being said I reckon many people just stopped trading due to lack of success. I think this forum has an opportunity now that it has lost a lot of people to reinvent its roadmap. Things like sponsored trading comps, open source professional content, banter areas, market data tools etc. I just don't see what this forum offers anyone but those that have been here for a long time and enjoy happy moments discussing wife's, girlfriends, politics, and climate issues etc. there is little content here that could be deemed attractive to a newcomer to the site and as a result, the same old names keep popping up with others that come and go. Such a sad roadmap this forum has endured, it was at least more fun with the banter. I rarely post here these days besides my algo work and I really do miss the vibrant community. Spent some time on fx factory but the mods there are a joke and the site is full of new_trader type of characters who thinks the sun shines out their ar5e5. t2w won't last if it keeps this up and needs to reinvent itself.

I remember the days when Trader_Dante, Arabianights, Rothschild, Wasp, BBMac etc were posting on here. I agree with you, they were fun times.

There was a lot of banter but I agree, the *content* was there. Dante's pin bar thread probably helped put T2W on the map alone. There was real discussion back then.

I've always been a lurker rather than a poster, but honestly, I can't find much that interests me unfortunately. I dip into the FTSE Futures thread occasionally - and please don't take offence if you post there - but I don't get much out of traders just saying "I'm short at xyz". Ok, there is a bit of anaylsis , but not like before.

Despite the fact that we all see the same events, news, etc., we all assess things in a completely different way....
I think the point is that the new market conditions led to the fact that traders were interested in finding new ....
Yes, it is very entertaining to read the stories of such people, because it proves once again that this is not a ....

three of those guys made similar botty posts again today.. its quite strange :unsure:

Sorry for the delay in replying, just spotted this now. I agree that those posts that seem to be generated are not adding any value, and we should remove and ban those accounts, I'll discuss it with the mod team how best to tackle it.

Why not to implent some kind of antispam and antibot policies?
For example:
  1. no links in first posts
  2. first post can't be a new thread

Last edited:
Many of the bots don't post links in their initial messages and then post them later and also many don't post threads at all. T2W did used to have a policy where all new member posts were in a moderation queue and had to be approved to be seen at all but that didn't continue when the forum software was changed from VBulletin to Xenforo.

My suggestion was more for spammers than bots.
It is true that many bots do not advertise.
It was to save work to moderators while the moderation queue would work but would increase the load on moderators.

The " bots "may seem small and boring now but just give them time and they will surpass all of us humans.
Might even have some relevant ideas no one else has thought of yet.
Why not a special thread for bots only ?

Initially you keep telling their owners until they get the message.

Initially you keep telling their owners until they get the message.
The whole idea of bots is that it the owners have no need to visit the site or check what the bot has posted. As an example, if posts are reported as being likely to be bots then in some cases I will PM them stating they need to reply to me within a set time to not get banned. So far none of them have replied so based on that it is reasonable to presume that their owners don't bother checking the bot once it is active.

I don't remember the registration procedure, do we have any kind of anti-bot filter? Like captcha o questions?