Portfolios (Gold and Silver) Stocks and ETFs

Yesterday the XAU declined during the day but ended up positive. So, the rising support line continues to support despite yesterday's Gold and Silver correction.

eLsUL.png

Last edited:
Gold Silver Stock Portfolio.
New Positions.

I´ll buy:

Thompson Creek Metals Co. Inc. (TC)
SILVERCORP METALS, INC (SVM)

Thompson Creek Metals had broken the ma50 moving average resistance. I think that will continue to rise.

I think the correction of the last few weeks is a buying opportunity.
SILVERCORP METALS, INC is in concert with the market direction. When the silver/gold starts to rise, the stock will go up too.

All 2 stocks mentioned above increased their net cash provided by operating activities from 2010 to 2011.

The following charts provide an overview of the portfolios evolution since the beginning.

The black line illustrates the evolution of the portfolio and the blue line shows an exponential moving average.
(Updated on Fridays)

nTWgt.png

4hXsH.png

gLRa5.png

lQmBI.png

sdo9n.png

HjNQS.png

4KpD8.png

Despite the bearish correction, the Philadelphia Gold/Silver continues with the bullish pattern of “higher highs and higher lows”.

zEOcr.png

The silver and gold chart has formed a pennant/flag pattern and the breakout has occurred.
This trend is likely to continue.
It seems to me a good time and opportunity to invest.

sEvkJ.png

lFKrX.png

gOmxd.png

Before I talk about my portfolios, I will talk about my goals.

My first goal is to try to respond as best as possible to what the market is doing and act appropriately. I am talking about trend-following discipline.
I determine my market posture through a careful analysis of the charts. I observe the market direction - up, down or sideways – with the Gold & Silver index – Philadelphia (XAU), Gold index, Silver index or other leader index where the stock acts. Acting in concert with the market direction, I increase my odds of success.

I pick stocks to buy based on a careful analysis of the historical charts. I also consider other factors, such as net cash from operating activities, volume and beta.

When I expect the market will go up, my market posture is bullish. That means, I’m buying stocks and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs). My market posture remains bullish until my "stop" is reached.

When i expect the market will go down, my market posture is bearish. That means, I’m buying inverse Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs). My market posture remains bearish until my "stop" is reached.

When I don't expect anything, my market posture is neutral. That means, I’m not buying.

My second goal is to explain in simple terms the reasons for my decisions.

Could you please mention some of the good books on ETF trading, mainly Gold ETF learning resources?

Could you please mention some of the good books on ETF trading, mainly Gold ETF learning resources?

Hello kih

I stopped manage this portfolios. I will eventually trade gold and silver etfs in U.S. Portfolio thread.
See here: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/stocks/167512-u-s-portfolio-11.html#post2133736

I will stop to manage these portfolios because the whole procedure is time-consuming and exhausting. However, I will continue to manage portfolios in the forum, but with only one market timing portfolio. I'll start next month.

About your question, I don't know any ETF book, and I assume that you don't need to read books about this.
First of all, you need to learn how to analyze the market, and only then you need to search ETFs or stocks.

For search ETFs you need to decide first if you want to go long or short and choose the amount of leverage that is appropriate from 1x to 3x.
(no leveraged) 1x (100% of the benchmark's daily performance)
2x (200% of the benchmark's daily performance)
3x (300% of the benchmark's daily performance)

If you want go short, you can buy inverse ETFs.

You can use this site to search ETFs

The Web's Best ETF Screener | ETF Database

Hello kih

I stopped manage this portfolios. I will eventually trade gold and silver etfs in U.S. Portfolio thread.
See here: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/stocks/167512-u-s-portfolio-11.html#post2133736

About your question, I don't know any ETF book, and I assume that you don't need to read books about this.
First of all, you need to learn how to analyze the market, and only then you need to search ETFs or stocks.

For search ETFs you need to decide first if you want to go long or short and choose the amount of leverage that is appropriate from 1x to 3x.
(no leveraged) 1x (100% of the benchmark's daily performance)
2x (200% of the benchmark's daily performance)
3x (300% of the benchmark's daily performance)

If you want go short, you can buy inverse ETFs.

You can use this site to search ETFs

Hi Duarte,

Thank you for your advice on ETF. I have gone through the site you mentioned and I have registered with it.