Part Time To Professional - What's the secret?

Aug 13, 2015
For forex traders, nothing embodies freedom more than those who trade full-time. After all, full-time traders enjoy freedom from their box-type offices, freedom of time, and freedom to choose which trading opportunities to take.

RachelFX

Feb 8, 2019
What credentials does it take for a part time trader to become a full time professional trader?
This is a great question, and my ultimate aim is to make this transition one day.

From my perspective right now it would be having consistent trading over a significant period of time.
Alongside a certain level of financial security and good bank size of course!

DT5

Feb 8, 2019
You need to be a profitable trader (obv). You should have no debt (including a mortgage). The big difference will be the mental shift. You are now trading to put food on your table. This is a whole new mental world than when you were trading as a hobby.

Feb 8, 2019
You need to be a profitable trader (obv). You should have no debt (including a mortgage). The big difference will be the mental shift. You are now trading to put food on your table. This is a whole new mental world than when you were trading as a hobby.
A whole different level of pressure indeed.

Dec 27, 2018
The secret is in a big bank account balance that can sustain your trade, put food on your table and also pay your bills. It is different from trading as a hope of simply for the mastery. A professional trader needs more capital, full time dedication to the trade and more long term strategies for maintaining profitable trades

Feb 8, 2019
This border will be demolished when your part time will take over you, when you will start feeling that it is not only your job, but hobby and you are ready fully committed to it. I think this definitely come with the practice and experience, just give it some time.