Options Traders in UK & Europe

zeeuk

Hi,

Are there any professional UK / European options traders here on T2W? Kindly provide some info on what software you use (your reason for choice, costs and any tips) for:

Liffe, Eurex and CBOE options.

Particularly interested to know how people find trading CBOE from here.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi,

Are there any professional UK / European options traders here on T2W? Kindly provide some info on what software you use (your reason for choice, costs and any tips) for:

I would take a look a ORC, RTS, and Actant if you are trying to quote. If you are looking to trade retail, Interactive Brokers is hand down the best for trading multiple countries.

do you mind saying which one you use? And do you know how the above 3 compare in terms of performance and cost. I know of them but haven't contacted anyone who has used them. Thanks.

I have passively seen RTS, I liked it. It may be the one the is least specifically meant for quoting purposes. I have not used ORC although it is the biggest. I used Aqtor and liked it, although its a big plus if you know how to write in VBA.

I have passively seen RTS, I liked it. It may be the one the is least specifically meant for quoting purposes. I have not used ORC although it is the biggest. I used Aqtor and liked it, although its a big plus if you know how to write in VBA.

I am currently do or try to do high frequency trading. Someone had recently suggested ORC and I noticed that you mentioned it as well. I need direct access to the market, but from what I read from ORC it seems like they don't deal with individuals so much as corporations. Bandwidth strain is not an issue. Processing also not a problem. I just need some way to buy/sell within milliseconds, since my algorithms predicts buy/sell signals that quickly. any ideas?

Hi,

Hi there

For trading CBOE ("Weeklys" )as an individual I've signed up with OPTONSXPRESS.

You can even as an EU resident open an account with them and trade US Markets -- you need to sign a Non US resident Withohlding tax declaration certificate -- this you get from the site when you sign up.

E*Trade is also good but you have to be a US resident to trade US Markets.

Although I live in Europe I have no interest in European options -- solely US markets.

Cheers
jimbo