NinjaTrader... Yay or nay?

So as per Kalott's post - links

Are IG Market Makers or Direct Market Access brokers?
They say they are DMA but that when I go to place a trade, I will be trading on the underlying market- via exchange - but that they also create a CFD between IG and myself...

It's the last part that's confusing me... they are either DMA or not...

Thanks for all the input folks

So as per Kalott's post - links

Are IG Market Makers or Direct Market Access brokers?
They say they are DMA but that when I go to place a trade, I will be trading on the underlying market- via exchange - but that they also create a CFD between IG and myself...

It's the last part that's confusing me... they are either DMA or not...

Thanks for all the input folks

CFD trading is normally OTC/market maker trading but with DMA CFD (or DMA SB eg prospreads) they are saying you get the price feed directly from the exchange but you are still only buying/selling a derivative of the underlying.

CFD trading is normally OTC/market maker trading but with DMA CFD (or DMA SB eg prospreads) they are saying you get the price feed directly from the exchange but you are still only buying/selling a derivative of the underlying.

But does IG stand to profit from my losing trades?
I am ok with them making money off me, ie. commissions and to a lesser extent am ok with spreads, but I am certainly not happy if they were to win when I lose...them seeing my orders/stops would be unacceptable to me

But does IG stand to profit from my losing trades?

"When you place your order we take a parallel position in the underlying market"

this implies that they don't simply "profit when you lose" like they can with a normal CFD/SB