Newbie with only bad experiences in trading on the stock market

Padpop

Hi I am a newbie to this forum, and have previous bad experiences on the stock Market during my lifetime however I have been approached by a company called PGI and tempted to join them in what they call "Index Trading" - Is there anyone who knows anything about either this company or the style of trading that can offer some advice?
They are asking a fee of around $6000 to join which is a lot of money considering todays financial state of most small punters like myself.Any info would be appreciated

Hi I am a newbie to this forum, and have previous bad experiences on the stock Market during my lifetime however I have been approached by a company called PGI and tempted to join them in what they call "Index Trading" - Is there anyone who knows anything about either this company or the style of trading that can offer some advice?
They are asking a fee of around $6000 to join which is a lot of money considering todays financial state of most small punters like myself.Any info would be appreciated

Hi, Welcome. My advice would be

1. Don't do it (but that's just gut feeling - they *might* be great)
2. Search these forums for stuff like http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/37512-pgi.html
3. Search these forums for book recommendations and buy them instead. They're much cheaper than courses, don't try and sell you follow ups (well, not much) and if you can't follow them you probably shouldn't start trading.

Good luck.

I'll put it to you straight.

Don't be stupid. Sounds like a boiler room scam to me.

There is no easy way to riches. Find a well established fund(s) in a well known company and invest in them. Returns may not be spectacular - but neither will the losses either.

my advice is to buy an index tracker ETF such as the SPY (which tracks the S&P 500), for a long term investment it's as safe as you can get (bar a global meltdown in equities), and the management fees are very low. If you want to diversify further, put some money into ETFs which track european / emerging markets.

That "index trading" company sounds well dodgy, I'd stay away.