New Year's resolutions for 2012

MajorDutch

Established member
as 2011 draws to a close has anyone got any new year's resolutions that they are going to apply their trading in the new year. the xmas period is a great time to reflect on what happened in the past year and make some changes, then come February we can pi55 it all up the wall and go back to our old habits! :LOL:

I will start off. I have had a few weeks off trading/work/everything out of the UK. The one thing I want to do in 2012 with my trading is simplify, simplify, simplify.

To do this I am going to ditch all use of the following:

1. Trendlines (unless they are horizontal :LOL:)

2. Fib retracements

3. Patterns such as Channels/Wedges/Flags

Before anyone gets upset the reason I am ditching them is not that they don't work it's because there are too many good opportunities available without them.

I am just going to use key levels of previous S/R, previous price flip zones and round numbers coupled with pin bars/outside bars (which alone mean nothing) as triggers.

I hope T2W continues to provide entertainment in between trades!

Happy New Year.

then come February we can pi55 it all up the wall and go back to our old habits! :LOL:

:LOL:

Good luck in 2012!

I've been almost exclusively a day trader for years. I'm going to have a go at overnight or swing trading in forex with small stakes in case I bomb out! This would be in addition to my regular trading.

Peter

Well, after thirty previous resolutions to stop puffing my pipe which haven't sustained for more than an hour or so I don't think I'll bother with that one this year :)

For trading it'll be "stick to what I know and not get seduced by some of you guys on here". I doubt that'll last long either and I dare say a couple of my play accounts will need an injection before January's out.

May all your accounts overflow in 2012 - trade well guys.

jon

For Uni: increase grade average to make sure I get into post-grad.

For Trading: Make trading part of a daily routine rather than just when I feel like it.

Both are going to be incredibly difficult seeing as Star Wars: The Old Republic gets released in NZ in February.

My dog (lab) is going to lose weight! (Order from the vet.)

FYI - Another term for Labrador Retriever is "LabraDevil Food Retriever"! I read where one of these dogs gobbled up an entire pot roast while a lady went outside for just a few minutes. (Called counter surfing...)

Get a new job.
Finish my charter.
Finish my masters - with a decent grade!
Place 3/4 long term trade FX on a KISS basis from May/June onwards.
Get my f*cking driving licence lol - sick of getting taxi's everywhere (although it costs less in economic terms + I get to play angry birds instead of driving)
Start gymming it again - I want my abs back.
Back to JuJutsu
Start muay thai.

That'll do me.

Wishing you all the best in the new Gregorian year, ya f4gs.

Mine is to start prepping for the end of the world...and to cut down on swearing after a bad trade.

Last edited:
I want to nail trading, and finally be profitable after 5 years of doing this crap.

Turn my $1500 account into $100,000. Hey, you have to be ambitious! :D

With the winnings, I want to buy myself a motorcycle, then just ride that thing as far as it can go.

May your trading be rewarding, and a happy new year to all!

I want to nail trading, and finally be profitable after 5 years of doing this crap.

Turn my $1500 account into $100,000. Hey, you have to be ambitious! :D

With the winnings, I want to buy myself a motorcycle, then just ride that thing as far as it can go.

May your trading be rewarding, and a happy new year to all!

$1500 into $100,000 :LOL::LOL::LOL:

perhaps save and trade a larger account init.

bit like me saying in 2012 I will become an NBA player, aint gunna happen duuuude.

Haha, I don't actually believe I could attain that, it's more of an outsized goal to push myself.

Making a 100-fold return is *possible*... Just very unlikely at my level of exp. I'm still going to give it a shot anyway. :cheesy:

I also need to get a new wardrobe for the new year. Seems all of my pants, every last pair, has shrunk over the last month or so. Strange.

New Year's resolutions for 2012

1. To document all of my trades.

2. Only trade on the 4hr and daily timeframe.

dont like the 458, was at the launch for it!

didnt get in for this year unfortunately..my chemisty is a bit lacking! so might have another crack at it in 2012 or maybe not..untill then i guess im trading!