New To Spread Betting - Starting With £100

SpreadBetChick

Hi guys,

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I am new to spread betting but have traded Forex a couple of years back. I began an experiment this week with spread betting to see how far I can take £100 on a live account.

I look forward to hearing from fellow traders and your experiences.

I will be posting my trading journal in the next couple of days.

Happy trading!

Signature21.png

Hi guys,

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I am new to spread betting but have traded Forex a couple of years back. I began an experiment this week with spread betting to see how far I can take £100 on a live account.

I look forward to hearing from fellow traders and your experiences.

I will be posting my trading journal in the next couple of days.

Happy trading!

Signature21.png

Creating a website, facebook page and twitter feed seems like a lot of trouble to go to when you're only spread betting £100.

Isn't this that £100 to £50k in 3 months thing again ? I think I know which bucketshop is recommended for this. It's not IG. I would be very impressed if the OP can do it using IG.

Hi pboyles,

Creating a website, facebook page and twitter feed seems like a lot of trouble to go to when you're only spread betting £100.

I am using all those channels as tools to help me remain accountable. The more people follow the progress the more I will feel pressured to post updates (whether good or bad).

Regards,
SBC

Hello BeginnerJoe,

Isn't this that £100 to £50k in 3 months thing again ?
Not quite sure I understand what you mean with "that £100 to £50k in 3 months thing again". Did someone actually attempt to do that, and if yes, did she succeed?

I think I know which bucketshop is recommended for this. It's not IG. I would be very impressed if the OP can do it using IG.
Again, I'm not quite sure I follow you here. But if it helps, I'm trading with IG Index.

Regards,
SBC

But if it helps, I'm trading with IG Index.

Good man, erh, I mean wooman. Well the last guy who SB £100 to 50k in 3 months decided to change shop at the last minute. I hope it doesn't happen to you. Personally I think IG is better because they are less libellous.

Not quite sure I understand what you mean with "that £100 to £50k in 3 months thing again". Did someone actually attempt to do that, and if yes, did she succeed?

I'm sure there's quite a few vendors who transformed £100 spent on SEO with Mr Wong's click factory into 50 grands worth of sales.

Not really rocket science

I'm sure there's quite a few vendors who transformed £100 spent on SEO with Mr Wong's click factory into 50 grands worth of sales.

Not really rocket science

Mr Wong's click factory, that sounds like a ropey all you can eat Chinese buffet, you know the type where they keep stirring the food to make it look like it hasn't dried up. I bet you miss chinese buffet's in Malta.

Hello pboyles,
Why do you hide your website registration?
Why do you hide your face? :rolleyes:

That's normal practice for scammers, I hope you're not one of them.

I'm quite surprised at the way new members are welcomed here. But then again, I somehow understand where the scrutiny and sceptism come from.

Having traded Forex a few years back, I am aware of the "systems" and "gurus" and "training material" out there that are meant to help trading newbies. Knowing what I know now, all I can say is any sound trading system is good as long the trader has the right mindset.

I have been looking for blogs/ sites where seasoned traders in the spread betting arena are actually brave enough to regularly disclose their trading performance but could not find any (if you know of any, please send me the link). That was also one of the reasons why I decided to be that information gap I was looking for.

My real motive (as I have mentioned in earlier posts) is to get attention to my trading progress and have other traders challenge/question/comment on my trading decisions. This will help me learn and stay accountable.

I hope you are all having a profitable trading week.

Regards,
SBC

Last edited:
Hello pboyles,

Why do you hide your face? :rolleyes:

I'm quite surprised at the way new members are welcomed here. But then again, I somehow understand where the scrutinity and sceptism come from.

Having traded Forex a few years back, I am aware of the "systems" and "gurus" and "training material" out there that are meant to help trading newbies. Knowing what I know now, all I can say is any sound trading system is good as long the trader has the right mindset.

I have been looking for blogs/ sites where seasoned traders in the spread betting arena are actually brave enough to regularly disclose their trading performance but could not find any (if you know of any, please send me the link). That was also one of the reasons why I decided to be that information gap I was looking for.

My real motive (as I have mentioned in earlier posts) is to get attention to my trading progress and have other traders challenge/question/comment on my trading decisions. This will help me learn and stay accountable.

I hope you are all having a profitable trading week.

Regards,
SBC

sounds good. have you made any trades yet?