New T2W Forex Contest - Starts Sun, 15th May

I see you have loaded the boat Kimos'abby.

Kims Big Bomb Strategy:

1) Sunday night go to weeklies, Eurdol, DailyFX(free charts).

2) Decide wot colour(blue-up/red-down) up-and-comming week will be.

3) Load up.

4) When margin allows, add more.

KISS, keep it easy, don't sweat. This is how Livermore did it.

Kims Big Bomb Strategy:

3) Load up.

You're gonna win this week, and every other week:cool:

You're gonna win this week, and every other week:cool:

The account will either explode or implode (fission/fussion). Every five K is five megatons, i'm gonna try and beat the Tsar Bomb detonated by the ruskies (50 megaton). I just need a long weekly with my colour on it.

Edit: This is why i have called it my, 'Big Bomb Strategy'.

Well - good luck Kimo - although I'm not sure about the comparison to Livermore.

Anyway - isn't it odd that the educators on the board aren't getting involved?

Surely this is an ideal opportunity for Trader_Dante to show how good he is with all those pin bars and for BlackBison to show how well his 'revolutionary' money management skills are.

What a great way this would be to drum up business.

I can't imagine why they aren't taking the bull by the horns here... Perhaps they missed it...

Well - good luck Kimo - although I'm not sure about the comparison to Livermore.

Surely this is an ideal opportunity for Trader_Dante to show how good he is with all those pin bars and for BlackBison to show how well his 'revolutionary' money management skills are.

I can't imagine why they aren't taking the bull by the horns here... Perhaps they missed it...

yep, would look good for vendors to consistently do well in this, and maybe even win a few times.

The silence from the vendor corner is deafening. Maybe there really is no holy grail? Especially the type of holy grail that can be sold.

Last edited:
Kims Big Bomb Strategy:

3) Load up.

Good luck dude... (y)

I like your strategy.

In contrast - my approach is to use tighter stop losses and limit exposure to any one pair. A more cautious approach than last week.

Also to put limit entry orders in rather than market orders. Not going to rush the trades as before.

Good luck everyone... (y)

Good luck dude... (y)

I like your strategy.

In contrast - my approach is to use tighter stop losses and limit exposure to any one pair. A more cautious approach than last week.

Also to put limit entry orders in rather than market orders. Not going to rush the trades as before.

Good luck matey!

Good luck dude... (y)

I like your strategy.

This will be interesting. It's a shame the sample size is just a week. My gut feel is that this will give you worse results.

Obviously - silly wide stops will give you Cohodas-esque risk/return/win %age results.

You know - like a 1 tick target and 10000 tick stop. On the other hand, the market has a tendency to try to shake you out of position and tight stops are a real profit killer in my opinion.

what sort of stops do you use on your 6E trading, DT? Or does you just get out when it looks like its not gonna work out, as per your reading of the DOM/T+S?

Devilicus

Hard question really because it depends how good my entry was and how the move against me 'feels'.

For a trade like this:
attachment.php

Entry was 1.4181. The stop was pretty minor in terms of ticks. After it moved up and came back down to test my resolve, I stayed in but there's no way in this case that I'd have let it come down to 1.4171 in the same way it was moving against me. On this trade the red line would have been my final stop but I doubt I'd have let it get to that point. It would have been a combination of how it moved against me as well as how far it moved against.

For a much uglier trade...
attachment.php

Entry was 1.4311. This was fairly late as I hesitated. So - I had to have a bigger stop because of the poorer entry. But where ? Look at how the this moved against me. Spikey shake out stuff. I wouldn't let a spike like that shake me out. Still - the spikey moves did help me to figure out where I'd get out on a sustained move up which would in this case have been about 1.4320.

My Ninja DOM is programmed to automatically put on a 20 tick stop but I will adjust that up/down after entry. Still - if the PC crashes, that's my emergency level.

My apologies for the convoluted answer. If at entry my assessment of the target is smaller than my assessment of the stop at that time, I'll pass on the trade. Of course, the stop and target will move based on the action that develops.

Attachments

• 23-05-2011 05-38-06.png
    23-05-2011 05-38-06.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 910
  • 23-05-2011 05-43-39.png
    23-05-2011 05-43-39.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 902
this should just be a 1 lot comp all the way through, due to unforseen errors as mentioned earlier i am maxed out on eur/usd from about 1.4125 with a stop of 15

this should just be a 1 lot comp all the way through,

And what will this achieve? Apart from giving the people who have nothing better to do with thier lives than scalp 5min candles in a competition a bit of a chance?

At the moment most profit wins this comp, and yet some people are having a real hard time coming to terms with this basic fact.

Adapt or die!

this should just be a 1 lot comp all the way through,

And what will this achieve? Apart from giving the people who have nothing better to do with thier lives than scalp 5min candles in a competition a bit of a chance?

At the moment most profit wins this comp, and yet some people are having a real hard time coming to terms with this basic fact.

Adapt or die!

I'm trying to not exceed more than $500 loss on any one trade...

Hope to use my impregnable psychology in controlling my losses whilst letting my profits run loose (not lose - take note T2W - you in particular Pat :cheesy:) ...