A New Policy?

The Leopard

Experienced member
Is there a new policy in place? Quite a few threads have been expunged completely, and a number of somewhat off-topic comments in other threads likewise.

Are non-trading threads no longer allowed? Are banter and off-topic musings henceforth to be met with the Grim Frown rather than the Welcoming Embrace?

I don't mind casting pearls before swine (even though said swine often trample them before turning and attempting to rend me) but it's a bit thick if said pearls are to be erased willy-nilly by philistinic board enforcers who probably cannot even tell the difference between the replacement legs of the Farnese Hercules and the originals (now thankfully restored to their rightful place beneath his muscular buttocks).

So, what's the posish?

I think you just have to stop posting up busts w/huge c0cks

Not so, Teh Scose (or at least, not only so). I saw a number of comments that were in the nature of chit-chat between long-standing members that were deleted.

Also, some threads that were entirely unadorned by classical depictions of outsize phalli were purged by persons whose hatred of wit appears to be visceral.

Images of the god Priapus cannot be to blame for the general bonfire.

I am with scose here. I think it was the casting of the phalli before the swine that did it. 'Twas the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

They'll have a big white space where the site used to be if that's the case :LOL:

Still, it should reduce their bandwidth costs :LOL:

Sorry Teh Hare, I should have been a little clearer. I did not mean to suggest the possibility that henceforth only trading threads would be allowed. As you rightly say, there would be but little content.

I meant "threads purporting to be about trading, but which actually are not". You know the type of thing, thinly disguised adverts, scam lead ins from secret or future vendors, and questions from morons about things they shouldn't want to know, but if they really insist on so doing they should spend 2 minutes searching the internet instead of bothering the forum.

That I believe accounts for around 90% or so of non-lulz content.

Last edited:
I am with scose here. I think it was the casting of the phalli before the swine that did it. 'Twas the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

In the interests of full disclosure, I feel it only fair to admit that my insistence on using the image below as my signature might possibly have played a part in my ban.

In fairness therefore I cannot claim that the ban was entirely (or even partially) unjustified.

Last edited by a moderator:
No word from teh regime? Has anyone else noticed the phenomenon?

A matter like this needs careful handling. Cleaning up the boards is one thing, but if the community aspect of T2W is lost it will undoubtedly put off many of the most prolific content-generators. Also, I would imagine that most people who trade successfully view this principally as a place for recreation and occasional trading-related discussion than as a place to talk about nothing but trading.

if Huge C0cks were banned in trading there would be no Banking industry ? ;)

Nah these trader types are all compensatory and metaphorical "BSD"s. Why you think Teh Scose is so comfortable with his constant red PLs around this place?

Unlike some of the angry posters, for me the sun's always shining as is the case when you're packing heat mate. Look at Morgan Freeman for example.

funnily enough I commented on this shortly after your ban

Indeed, I saw.

It should concern teh regime in my opinion. I think I commented on the number of members generally signed in to the site during active times of the day, maybe 12 months ago. From memory, it was usually around 150 / 160 (well down on former times).

It now seems to have dropped again, to around 120 / 130 most of the time. Quite often the place has a distinctly ghost town feel to it.

Will no one think of the vendors! What will they do if their hunting ground has no prey for them to feast on?

No word from teh regime? Has anyone else noticed the phenomenon?

A matter like this needs careful handling. Cleaning up the boards is one thing, but if the community aspect of T2W is lost it will undoubtedly put off many of the most prolific content-generators. Also, I would imagine that most people who trade successfully view this principally as a place for recreation and occasional trading-related discussion than as a place to talk about nothing but trading.

lep

you probably missed my reply to hare on another thread while you were away http://www.trade2win.com/boards/foyer/154642-future-t2w-under-steve-12.html#post1955344 .

when the pot boils over a lot of peripheral stuff gets swept up by the cleaner :)

lep

you probably missed my reply to hare on another thread while you were away http://www.trade2win.com/boards/foyer/154642-future-t2w-under-steve-12.html#post1955344 .

when the pot boils over a lot of peripheral stuff gets swept up by the cleaner :)

Since it is you, I will take your word for it. Nonetheless, I have dark forebodings.

I sense plottings afoot in the loftiest eeries of Castle T2W. As the honest guardian standing on the battlements, I am sure you have no knowledge of them.

But I seem to see the lamps going out all over T2wland; I fear we shall not see them lit again in our time.

lep

Just speaking for myself, I find it disappointing.

When faced with material that breaches the rules, you can ban the poster (temp or perm), lock the thread so it drifts away but people can at least see why it was locked, or delete the entire thread.

The last option is most offensive to me, and I'd hope you reconsider this policy. Not only does it mean that posters who gave genuine non-rule breaking posts have their time and effort destroyed unfairly, but it also engenders a 'them against us' atmosphere and a 'why do I bother' attitude. If I see a thread with a pic of a c@ck, and it is locked and the poster is banned, I think fair enough, the poster knew what he was doing, Mods doing their job well, and I think most would think the same. If the thread is gone and I see no evidence, I'm left to make a conclusion about the Mods who have just unfairly deleted posts I spent time on. Needless to say, the Mods do not look good in this light. I'm reminded of the childhood days when I used to get class detention almost every day, just for being in the worst class in the school. Never respected it, never respected those that enforced it.

Your choice of course, but if you're going to refuse to delete posts that the users themselves want deleted, and yet happily delete posts that the users spent time on and want to remain, you are now giving double the reasons not to post anything at all.