My trading journal - plus wave counting bits (old Trumps surprise visit to N.Korea)

GBPJPY 4H upon US markets close a few mins ago ......................

here's the current 4H

And to celibrate this majestic beauty, GBPJPY I dedicate ...................

Hahahahahahaha you're the man, Duke. Have youforgotten that it was YOU and only YOU who turned me on to GBPJPY.

I bow to you, Sir for this gift. Yes, shockingly nice that its waves are so stellar

Its a great pair now permanently included in my instruments to trade

Thanks to YOU

Glad to be of assistance squire - I have watched this one for a little while. Its a fave, not that I am being GBP bias.

Your Technical Analysis chum looks like a very useful bloke to know with knowledge aplenty.

I need to reorganise my daily schedule, yo need to up my analysis from Sunday and a few nights a week. Just need to shift sometime about in the morning, get on before the London open and put my thoughts out there

Glad to be of assistance squire - I have watched this one for a little while. Its a fave, not that I am being GBP bias.

Your Technical Analysis chum looks like a very useful bloke to know with knowledge aplenty.

I need to reorganise my daily schedule, yo need to up my analysis from Sunday and a few nights a week. Just need to shift sometime about in the morning, get on before the London open and put my thoughts out there

My technical Analysis chum has a stellar course which I have been meaning to take but never got around to. I think one would have to live there for a semester. One would get to study the bible of TA like it was a textbook, which it is, so very easy for me because I'm used to getting my ass kicked by these massive college textbooks and cramming. Professor Basssetti is a TREND RIDER aka follower of the same ilk as Ed Sekota and Jack Schannep of Dow Theory. All these cats are top-notch to learn stuff from. Something to keep in mind for the future. Expensive? heck no.

Hahahahahahaha, almost got the professor once to join me in Thigh-Land for some action in Bangcock. His conscience got the better of him plus the fact he is considered a saint :) :) :) :) :) :)

Like the devil tempted Jesus, I tried tempting Charles with, "all this will I give to thee if you will but fly down here for a mere week - and choose!" - when he saw the video he could not sleep for 2 days. But he turned me down, as it was way too much for a person of his stature to do shit like Fibo the reprobate does on a routine basis

Perhaps moderately older men are afraid that this would happen to his marriage if they came to Thigh-Land ..........................

SLAM DUNK!!! on reading the US dollar Index's dangerous intersection and using the 1H to determine which is the likely route it would take.

See US Dollar Index 1H chart below since I mentioned it in the strategy to watch it for clues. Boy did he deliver the clues. See the 3-wave upwave after the first drop on 1H? That my dear chaps is signature corrective which means the trend is down on 1H until further notice. Then notice how the trendlines on 1H broke and the 200-ema also broke and RSI tendline also broke and the lower lows on Macd, no divergence ..............

just another day at the office for Fibo :) :) :) :)

By the way I'm Sure Sam has noticed that Fibo's backslapping self congratulating is merely to irritate the humongous old timer tight asses that inhabit this site. Their seething rage is my pleasure. :whistle::whistle:

View attachment 268523

SLAM DUNK!! as the dollar Index now not only takes out the 1H trendlines but is now taking out the daily one too

Challenging times to check charts - been in the land of Guinness and Leprechauns for the past 48hrs.

Heading back to the mother land now, albeit nursing a hangover to the Nth.

Nice TA there Fibo, this structure is playing out nicely. Super solid wave count too.

Challenging times to check charts - been in the land of Guinness and Leprechauns for the past 48hrs.

Heading back to the mother land now, albeit nursing a hangover to the Nth.

Nice TA there Fibo, this structure is playing out nicely. Super solid wave count too.

Amen brother! Drive carefully

Fibo calling Duke, come in Duke .............. sent to Roosh

Husband’s call to his wife:
"Honey it's me. I don't want to alarm you but I was hit by a car as I was leaving the office. Paula brought me to the hospital. They have checked me over and done some tests and some x-rays. The blow to my head was severe. Fortunately it did not cause any serious internal injury. However I have three broken ribs, a compound fracture in the left leg, and they think they may have to amputate my right foot."
Wife’s Response:
"Who the f… is Paula?"
And if you find that hard to believe, you've never been married.

GBP JPY- 57 pip move (starting small, aim not to kill my account)... 1:1.5R2R

DUMMY TRADE ONLY DONT TAKE THIS!

Yes boys and girls - behold, I have gone as low as the 1hr time frame.

short PENDING (this is a small move)

FIRST STOPLOSS!!! 140.507 - SET IT!!! this is a previous support level see green support line on daily, plus arrows showing previous support.

Entry 140.117 SELL SHORT TO
TAKE PROFIT AT 139.543

1HR - NOTE the buy and sell zone marked.

1 DAY

4hr

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 21.59.20.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 21.59.20.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I ask myself - if this was the last pounds and pence (bucks and cents) would I take this trade, answer probably NOT.

Would I put money where my cake hole is, probably not on this trade.

But, the resistance and price cruising above the 200 and 50 ema plus declining RSI, gave me confidence. So why not.

Fibo, interested to see what you think on this side ways consolidation. I feel I took the trade because I thought I should rather than all entry rules being met.

I ask myself - if this was the last pounds and pence (bucks and cents) would I take this trade, answer probably NOT.

Would I put money where my cake hole is, probably not on this trade.

But, the resistance and price cruising above the 200 and 50 ema plus declining RSI, gave me confidence. So why not.

Fibo, interested to see what you think on this side ways consolidation. I feel I took the trade because I thought I should rather than all entry rules being met.

will have a look later.

Meanwhile on a different note here's some homework - its observation type homework only - check out how many BREXIT threads there are - now imagine reading all of them to try to figure out what is going to go down.

as opposed to just opening up EURGBP and mastering it. This is my current project, I want to add it to my trading pairs. Big bonus is that it makes me the MASTER OF EUROPE if I add EurUSD (already there in this regard). so EurGbp is the task. Now throw in Euro stoxx 50, Stoxx 600 and Euro Banks and I'm off to the races. FTSE 100 and German DAX will be mastered in short order.

And what a task!!! I've already been locked out of the BREXIT threads here because I told them they are all blowing superheated steam out their asses

This opened... and closed... pinging me out for a loss @ c.38 pips.

1) Main reason being running a stop loss too tight.
2) There was a data release this may have impacted yen over night
3) some structural support had been formed where the blue arrow is...

on to the next one

will have a look later.

Meanwhile on a different note here's some homework - its observation type homework only - check out how many BREXIT threads there are - now imagine reading all of them to try to figure out what is going to go down.

as opposed to just opening up EURGBP and mastering it. This is my current project, I want to add it to my trading pairs. Big bonus is that it makes me the MASTER OF EUROPE if I add EurUSD (already there in this regard). so EurGbp is the task. Now throw in Euro stoxx 50, Stoxx 600 and Euro Banks and I'm off to the races. FTSE 100 and German DAX will be mastered in short order.

And what a task!!! I've already been locked out of the BREXIT threads here because I told them they are all blowing superheated steam out their asses

Thanks Fibo - dont worry about looking, I got shot! only a small bullet. I will take a read on the train to work some of the treads you suggest.

1H posted in BEAR thread. Tomorrow will do a broader view. The 1H trade is straightforward

Trying something new! NZDCAD

To my simple mind looks like a promising structure- this is a dummy trade.

Why did I take this trade; on the daily we are at a significant resistance level which has been tested 3 times as of today and failed to break. These tests are more clearly visible on the four hourly chart and again on the four hour. We are way way way above the 200EMA.

first things first, STOPLOSS set at 0.85305 this trade gives a 1/1.7R2R. and is set away from the noise of the monthly high.

set pending for SELL SHORT at 0.84895 - this level should hopefully indicate the round number at 0.84900 has been broken and we are heading south. see on the daily the green decending triangle and decending RSI... weaking maybe after an explosive day? will there be some profit taking here?

Daily - notice blue resistance level and green decending trend touch.. but not break!

Again, clear to see we have hit a resistance level x 2 green decending and blue horizontal.

TAKE PROFIT at 0.84225 - we could potential stay in for touch of rising blue trendline, but this trade would yield 68pips and exceeds my 1/1.5r2r. which is good enough for me. notice the significant previous resistance, I am hoping is now support + + + the magnetic 200EMA.

my pending is set... YIPPEEYIKAY!

Thoughts welcome FIBO & NVP?

Trying something new! NZDCAD

To my simple mind looks like a promising structure- this is a dummy trade.

Why did I take this trade; on the daily we are at a significant resistance level which has been tested 3 times as of today and failed to break. These tests are more clearly visible on the four hourly chart and again on the four hour. We are way way way above the 200EMA.

first things first, STOPLOSS set at 0.85305 this trade gives a 1/1.7R2R. and is set away from the noise of the monthly high.

set pending for SELL SHORT at 0.84895 - this level should hopefully indicate the round number at 0.84900 has been broken and we are heading south. see on the daily the green decending triangle and decending RSI... weaking maybe after an explosive day? will there be some profit taking here?

Daily - notice blue resistance level and green decending trend touch.. but not break!
View attachment 270261
Again, clear to see we have hit a resistance level x 2 green decending and blue horizontal.
View attachment 270262

TAKE PROFIT at 0.84225 - we could potential stay in for touch of rising blue trendline, but this trade would yield 68pips and exceeds my 1/1.5r2r. which is good enough for me. notice the significant previous resistance, I am hoping is now support + + + the magnetic 200EMA.

my pending is set... YIPPEEYIKAY!

Thoughts welcome FIBO & NVP?
View attachment 270263

UPDATE - STOPLOSS MOVED TO 0.84500 - trade currently running 65+pips.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 19.44.56.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 19.44.56.png
    210.6 KB · Views: 110
AUSSIE/STERLING (AUDGBP).... what I hear you say!!! again... sticking with something a little different. Trying methodologies etc...

Dummy trade dont take it!

OK... why this pair... well we are at multi-month lows, actually YEARLY lows - July 2016 I believe was the last time price was done here. All I am trying to do is catch a 40+ pip move on this pair. By my calcs - c.25pips from previous support, so I fancy a retracement buy on this pair. Short term, as that is what works for me.

Starting with the stoploss @ 0.5240 - this is roughly 10pips from previous low.

WEEKLY - note we are at weekly low.
we have 3 tests on the horizontal blue line and 5 tests on the bottom horizontal blue line.

DAILY -
we have broken the bolly band support, 18 pips stand between me and the previous horizontal support - this is built into my stop loss.

4hourly - Long to slightly above the 50% Fibo. heading for average price (center of bolly band)

1HOUR- ENTRY criteria already met with break of horizontal. long to just above 50% fibo - note strong area of previous support.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 20.10.37.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 20.10.37.png
    253 KB · Views: 143
Morning all,
For the last month I have been refining my strategy - I thought I would post my DEMO results. This is not my cash!
I believe based on rough calcs I am right around 64/65% on the time, and get stopped out the rest of the time.

MY question is... I feel ready to trade live, so interested to know what kind of win rates you all have. Also, I know in the numbers there are a few stinkers of losses this is because I was trying a few tweaks and understanding how fundamentals can influence you trade.

In real world terms I know I have only made 0.5% profit and have been trading standard lot sizes, with the occasional hi-lev trade. I think I might still further refine this at see how we go.

Does anyone know if you can demo on myFXbook?

Thank you