My trading journal - plus wave counting bits (old Trumps surprise visit to N.Korea)

GBPJPY: daily

The only change that has occurred over allllllll this time we've been watching it is that a trendline breakout topside has occurred.
Therefore the SHORT is closed for all Fibo type traders who want to see the forest.

GBPJPY 4H:

Trend is UP. Trading STOP is under blue TL. Targets are marked 133 - 144. Can reverse at 133 to give you a wave 2 down or a total reversal and kick in the ass, hence the trading STOP

GBPJPY 1H:

purple trendlines. I've left the 4H trendline (blue) in for reference. Arrows show 1H exit and reentry for profit taking because of the high leverage play for countertrend. So for the last vertical rise there is no downwave yet, so this is a test of "balls" for the low capitalized cats, so beware.

Thanks, no where near perfect, but got to get the screen time in.

GBPUSD before the London open in 45 minutes.

1 hour - 5 wave up complete ABC down now underway, maybe potential for a deep retracement on the C wave down to 200EMA.
I dont think the B wave is valid, as B wave does not breaches the high from wave A down? Feel some bear attraction may be given by 200 EMA and more BR*X*T uncertainty this week.

4 Hour - again ABC down, but it looks like we are still in wave A down, given no significant high looks to have been made from B wave up. Price above 200 EMA, may come down for a little kiss - or much more.

Either wave, MADC, RSI and Price action and Shortterm fundamentals are bearish for me. Trade is on paper only. Sell to 1.2200 levelView attachment 267277View attachment 267278

GBPUSD looks the same as GBPJPY, same concept, same clothes, shoes and panties, only difference might be in the perfume.

GBPUSD looks the same as GBPJPY, same concept, same clothes, shoes and panties, only difference might be in the perfume.

Thank you kindly Fibo - I heed your advice.
I will have your charts up on the screen when home but will take a look at this on the train home.

Charts look good. In 4H ..... RSI, why are the trendlines topside?

For the rally your ABC proj grid should have a 161.8% around 133.

See charts that follow

RSI on top as taken the increasing RSI from the significant low and making higher high.
Thus me thought uptrend continuation, but can’t remain continually oversold for too long.

RSI on top as taken the increasing RSI from the significant low and making higher high.
Thus me thought uptrend continuation, but can’t remain continually oversold for too long.

Outstanding! I clearly see your creativity in this regard and have noticed that one of your trendlines on Macd seemed to have been placed under the historgram but when extended have produced the Macd top at exactly the trendline extension. Your explanation of the topside RSI is also interesting in this regard.

Creativity = finding new ways, Sam. Keep it up. I like your trendline concept and will look into it further.

Outstanding! I clearly see your creativity in this regard and have noticed that one of your trendlines on Macd seemed to have been placed under the historgram but when extended have produced the Macd top at exactly the trendline extension. Your explanation of the topside RSI is also interesting in this regard.

Creativity = finding new ways, Sam. Keep it up. I like your trendline concept and will look into it further.

I also like the look of a price action shown in line form to identify significant levels, but unsure whether this adds another layer of complexity.

I saw it on a YouTube video on EW and like the way it presented, albeit it may only project the candle stick ‘close’ and not the significant wicks.

I thought the concept of breaks and projections of TLs on indicators was a Fibo special.

I also like the look of a price action shown in line form to identify significant levels, but unsure whether this adds another layer of complexity.

I saw it on a YouTube video on EW and like the way it presented, albeit it may only project the candle stick ‘close’ and not the significant wicks.

I thought the concept of breaks and projections of TLs on indicators was a Fibo special.

Serendipity galore! Just yesterday I had decided to show you a stellar way to simplify wavecounting that is ultra reliable but often sooooo overlooked by wavers .............. like you said, "just using closing prices aka The Line"

My standard view is with the wicks and whole shabang. But for some time now I have taken a shine to PURE CLOSING PRICES aka LINE.

And of course all the same techniques would apply. Your trendline would go right under the closes.

There is a whole lot to be said for the psychology of WHERE THE BULL/BEAR FIGHT FOR THE DAY, WEEK or MONTH closes

Thinking outside the box:

Example: Macd & RSI accepted methods of use in all software programs and courses. Learn them all, then ignore as you research your own ways. Then run with your own findings. These are the ones that will suit your personality and most importantly are your own creation.

You're in it now, Sam. There is no going back to the HERD. You have broken out and are a lone warrior now. Since you are a Royce Gracie champion you already got no fear in the ring but in real life now when the crowd goes up against you and you find yourself all alone, you stand alone and watch the power run thru' your veins. its a whole new ballgame

If you ever get real lonely just stop paying your bills and watch what happens

All man's miseries derive from not being able to sit quietly in a room alone.
Without great solitude no serious work is possible.
You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with.
I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.
I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing
in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone.

Until you get comfortable with being alone, you'll never know if you're choosing someone out of love or loneliness.

End of lecture :):):):):):):):):):):)

Thinking outside the box:

Example: Macd & RSI accepted methods of use in all software programs and courses. Learn them all, then ignore as you research your own ways. Then run with your own findings. These are the ones that will suit your personality and most importantly are your own creation.

You're in it now, Sam. There is no going back to the HERD. You have broken out and are a lone warrior now. Since you are a Royce Gracie champion you already got no fear in the ring but in real life now when the crowd goes up against you and you find yourself all alone, you stand alone and watch the power run thru' your veins. its a whole new ballgame

If you ever get real lonely just stop paying your bills and watch what happens

All man's miseries derive from not being able to sit quietly in a room alone.
Without great solitude no serious work is possible.
You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with.
I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.
I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing
in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone.

Until you get comfortable with being alone, you'll never know if you're choosing someone out of love or loneliness.

End of lecture :):):):):):):):):):):)

Extremely philosophical - grateful for continued chart enlightenment and to bounce ideas off you.

Yes, I also think it’s imperative to learn what happens when x does y and produces z. I.e certain waves creating higher Highes on rsi and macd.

This evening I have ample DIY, painting stairs listening to John Williams, very simple work for a change with some nice music. Some nice structure on another little gem GBPCAD, looking just at daily unsure but appears a flat top rising wedge be forming for wave C up. May try to get the chart up tomorrow morning.

Serendipity galore! Just yesterday I had decided to show you a stellar way to simplify wavecounting that is ultra reliable but often sooooo overlooked by wavers .............. like you said, "just using closing prices aka The Line"

My standard view is with the wicks and whole shabang. But for some time now I have taken a shine to PURE CLOSING PRICES aka LINE.

And of course all the same techniques would apply. Your trendline would go right under the closes.

There is a whole lot to be said for the psychology of WHERE THE BULL/BEAR FIGHT FOR THE DAY, WEEK or MONTH closes

Ah ha, great minds! Yes, was having a session on the charts this evening looking at the closing price line charts, thanks for the close tip too.

But full shabang is nice to see certain patterns

But full shabang is nice to see certain patterns

I could get banned for this but it would be worth it, this place has lost its sense of humor decades ago, somebody gotta be wiling to die to bring it back
😗 😗

Like you said "full shabang is nice to see certain patterns"

But how about the corresponding "barebones closing prices only as in almost no clothes, panties or bra?"

Which would you prefer? :)

A real life Wave 3.

The wave height as measured by scientists was 35 meters at one particular dry mark point. Unconfirmed by Fibo. But from reports that later surfaced the wave basically swept over the entire island. Destruction was near total in line with what a Wave 3 did to companies like Enron, 88.3% destruction.

Such is a day in the life of a 3rd wave.

Fibo awaits the one en route in 2019+?

A real life Wave 3.

The wave height as measured by scientists was 35 meters at one particular dry mark point. Unconfirmed by Fibo. But from reports that later surfaced the wave basically swept over the entire island. Destruction was near total in line with what a Wave 3 did to companies like Enron, 88.3% destruction.

Such is a day in the life of a 3rd wave.

Fibo awaits the one en route in 2019+?

Quick update - Excuse the horrible clashing 1hour chart, just posting this so I can compare notes from previous post. I got the 200EMA kiss, which put 100 or so pips on the GBPUSD.

Slightly confused and one I am going to watch play out on the 4 hour, the line chart looks like rising wedge, which I would expect to be bear movement to downside but candle sticks showing a more flat top wedge which I would expect (more often than not) a bullish continuation to the up side.

I am expecting the higher low candles will be a sign for the bulls... who knows.... no trade on this, just wanting to keep eyes peeled.

1 Hour

4 Hour GBPUSD - Closing line.

GBPUSD 4hr

GBPJPY:

SLAM DUNK!

A quick revisit of post #s 141, 142, 143 recommended, then see follow-up now

the 4H chart from post # 142 shown again ...................... keep eye on where the golden ratio 161.8% is marked. Then go to the updated chart below it to see the Fibo hit, reversal at the hit and also trendline break = instant TP

Mick and Keith done it real good with this one ............ solidly in Fibo's top 100

GBPJPY:

on 1H the Slam Dunk looks even more dramatic but Fibo keeps perspective as he is a Daily chart player but uses these lower timeframes for Hi leverage rallies for fast bucks or DEATH whichever comes first:):);) ................

Mick & Keith deliver yet another that is firmly in my top 100.

GBPJPY:

SLAM DUNK!

A quick revisit of post #s 141, 142, 143 recommended, then see follow-up now

the 4H chart from post # 142 shown again ...................... keep eye on where the golden ratio 161.8% is marked. Then go to the updated chart below it to see the Fibo hit, reversal at the hit and also trendline break = instant TP

View attachment 267435

View attachment 267436

Mick and Keith done it real good with this one ............ solidly in Fibo's top 100

Nice slam dunk Fibo - thanking you.
Having had a few beers and a Big Mac on the way home from work, I think a night on the charts is just what I need. Some what meditation - plus each small step builds the rocket ship.

One favourite saying I learnt from you - I do not want to be playing grand piano for rest of life - much prefer to give up right organ for gift.

Shall update charts when home.

Fibo, have you ever seen either British TV show called Peep Show (on Netflix) or my fave being Alan Partridge, fictional character, but if I were to have 5 people come to dinner this man would be up there.

Can’t seem to imbed videos but this is a light intro.

Nice slam dunk Fibo - thanking you.
Having had a few beers and a Big Mac on the way home from work, I think a night on the charts is just what I need. Some what meditation - plus each small step builds the rocket ship.

One favourite saying I learnt from you - I do not want to be playing grand piano for rest of life - much prefer to give up right organ for gift.

Shall update charts when home.

Fibo, have you ever seen either British TV show called Peep Show (on Netflix) or my fave being Alan Partridge, fictional character, but if I were to have 5 people come to dinner this man would be up there.

Can’t seem to imbed videos but this is a light intro.

Sorry Sam, I have not watched these TV shows. But hey, I don't watch any TV shows here either.

hahahaha, giving the upright organ as gift is defo the preferred method for any Alpha. But there is one more. Any time a female says to you, "we've gotta talk" and then just drops bombs on you that suggest its time to break up and move on, this will stop her dead in her tracks and reverse the trend 100% in your favor, which would be what you want as you dig her ................... the simple question ................

"how soon can you leave?"

invokes female psychology that has stood the test of time

she will never leave.