My, €4.1k to €227k in 2 years, journal.

The reality is most will fail, and that's good, they are the idiots who'll be paying you.

There are a tiny number of people in this business who have the most phenomenal track records, I'm talking going from practically nothing to hundreds of millions, or from 100M to hundreds of billions.

If you look at these people, not a single one of them made anywhere like the kind of returns required to trade 5K to 400K in 2 years.

If you took the worlds top 50 traders combined, gave em 5K each to start with they'd still come nowhere close.

The reality is most will fail, and that's good, they are the idiots who'll be paying you.

There are a tiny number of people in this business who have the most phenomenal track records, I'm talking going from practically nothing to hundreds of millions, or from 100M to hundreds of billions.

If you look at these people, not a single one of them made anywhere like the kind of returns required to trade 5K to 400K in 2 years.

If you took the worlds top 50 traders combined, gave em 5K each to start with they'd still come nowhere close.

hater.

Peter

Anyway fellas, i appreciate all the replies positive and negative (honestly!), but sometimes "a man's got to do, what a man's got to do", and that is in this case; learn to trade, trade profitably consistently (i.e. win 90% of days), and visit the Lamborghini showroom with a suitcase full of reddies :cool:.

Thanks for joining me on my journey, even the haters :LOL:.

I've been reading up on some trading stuff as my knowledge is a bit basic at the mo. I've included a link to one of the things - pretty good stuff for free!

Trading Articles by Joe Ross

Sounds sensible words Hare, but this thread isn't a place for limits. I read up on the edge link you gave me yest, about expectation too, a bit mind boggling but it's soaking up slowly. Cheers.

Anyway fellas, i appreciate all the replies positive and negative (honestly!), but sometimes "a man's got to do, what a man's got to do", and that is in this case; learn to trade, trade profitably consistently (i.e. win 90% of days), and visit the Lamborghini showroom with a suitcase full of reddies :cool:.

Thanks for joining me on my journey, even the haters :LOL:.

I've been reading up on some trading stuff as my knowledge is a bit basic at the mo. I've included a link to one of the things - pretty good stuff for free!

Trading Articles by Joe Ross

You failed to mention you are studying Joe Ross. OK I admit it, with Joe on board you can do it.

Aw, don't be a spoilsport dear chap - I''m still chuckling at my reliant robin in benj's
post on another thread (here if you want a laugh - http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-polls/90572-you-trading-real-money-5.html#post1899714)

I sympathise with Benj because, as a young man, I was in the same boat. Even before I had read the Highway Code or driving instruction manual, let alone had any driving lessons or experience on the roads, I saw those rich F1 drivers and thought "that's for me - a millionaire before I'm 25". Struggled a bit passing my driving test and it was only a pure freak of bad fortune that I wrote off my car at the first bend I went round (almost) after passing.

But, hey, let him dream and give it a go - you never know he may be a one in a million natural :)

You failed to mention you are studying Joe Ross. OK I admit it, with Joe on board you can do it.

Even i can get your sarcasm there. If you don't want to read this, hey guess what, there's no one with a gun pointing it at your head buddy! Thanks for stopping by.

Sounds sensible words Hare, but this thread isn't a place for limits. I read up on the edge link you gave me yest, about expectation too, a bit mind boggling but it's soaking up slowly. Cheers.

take a look at optimal F position sizing :LOL:

If you want to make 400K in 2 years the easiest way is to open a trading forum.

Even i can get your sarcasm there. If you don't want to read this, hey guess what, there's no one with a gun pointing it at your head buddy! Thanks for stopping by.

Ben,

He's only on level one of sarcasm is Mr Boils at the moment so hang in there.....
Only thing I would pick up re your posts which am not actually certain if you were being serious or otherwise was about being right in 90% of your trades......??

Now at the risk of having to put my tin hat back on if you are consistently getting 55-60% of your trades right using same limits and stop losses, then you'll be doing better than most on this forum and will become rich(er) over time......

One aspect of trading that took me quite a long time to master was my "eagerness" to trade and often I would kick myself for not being patient at times......

You need to learn that pretty quick.......

Ben,

He's only on level one of sarcasm is Mr Boils at the moment so hang in there.....
Only thing I would pick up re your posts which am not actually certain if you were being serious or otherwise was about being right in 90% of your trades......??

Now at the risk of having to put my tin hat back on if you are consistently getting 55-60% of your trades right using same limits and stop losses, then you'll be doing better than most on this forum and will become rich(er) over time......

Hater.

Peter

Senen Pousa made a lot more than that and he didn't even take a trade.

Was he Italian as well......?? Am sure my former sparring and playing partner Adriano Panatta spoke of him on many a occasion....

I actually thought he was Australian..?