Moving to our own domain..

Sharky

Staff
Listen up chaps,

Just to make it even easier to access thee temporary BB, I'll be moving it to its own dot com address.

Will post the new url when it's ready (probably some time tomorrow). What you'll find then is if you go to this url you'll automatically be redirected there, so you don't get confused.

Cheers,
Piggs.

Oh what a Whiz you are Pigsy........Thank goodness we have someone with your expertise to guide and save us during these stormy waters, while the Ship is being salvaged and improved.

By the way Pigsy dont forget our Chapesses they are better investors than the Chaps!!!

John

[This message has been edited by Uncle (edited 20-11-2000).]

Finally!

We are now ready to move to the new domain, so everyone.. you may now access the Bulletin Board via:
http://www.sharkinvested.com

which I think pretty well somes up the sort of market we're in at the mo!
smile.gif

I'll be adding my own little touches to the website, but it's great (an honour even)to be able to host the great CI bulletin board until Dr Iraj has launched his exciting updates to the CI site.

Cheers,
Pigsy.

ps. Hopefully everyone can access this domain, it does take a few days for the domain name to propgate to all the name servers around the world. But for the first time I've been able to access the site at that url, so I'm assuming everyone else in the UK should be able to as well.

Pigsy, what can I say......fanbloodytastic mate. Thank you for your all work that has kept the community of CI alive and kicking. You're up for member of the year in my opinion.
Cheers, Mark
smile.gif

Hi Pigsy

All the plaudits you receive you fully deserve mate.

A superb effort........what more can I say.

thanks

Thanks guys and galls for all the encouragement!

It's great to have the opportunity to put some of my skills to good use.

Cheers,
Piggs.

Pigsy, you are better than a star, you're a white dwarf. Well done mate. Your rewards will follow!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pigsy:

Cheers,
Piggs.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pigsy:

Cheers,
Piggs.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi pigsy,
first of all thanks for good work, keep it up.
secondly the URL sharkinvested.com has some problems accesing, kindly reply back

hi rthakkar

If your typing in www.sharkinvested.com and your still having problems connecting to the site, the reason is this.. (you'll probably wish you never asked :p

I registered the domain at the weekend at www.seem.co.uk - I use this quite a lot and never had any problems with them and find them cheap and reliable. Once you've paid online for the domain my understanding of what happens is the name gets added to a central registry of domains somewhere in the world.

Now there are all these local servers called nameservers spotted around the world. Their job is to send your request for a website to the right server that is hosting the domain. So when you enter www.sharkinfested.com in your browser, the first thing it does is query one of these many servers - presumably the nearest one, and this translates the name to an ip address something like 127.0.0.1 (which happens to be the default ip address of everyones own pc - try typing in "ping localhost" in a dos prompt and this is the number you get) this is the real address of the site.

But like everything these nameservers take a few days to update their databases with the current details of the central domain registry. So you'll find some nameservers update quicker than other's. If the nameserver you happen to be using (this happen's autonomously, you can't decide it.. I think every ISP has their own) hasn't updated yet you won't be able to access the site, even though your mate Monkey with eg. NTL as an ISP can.

Please do correct me if I am at all wrong in any of these observations!!!

Cheers,
Pigsy.

ps. Hill,.. white dwarf!
smile.gif
I used to read that when I was little, sadly my lead-figure modelling days are numbered.

I can access the domain fine at home, but here at work it won't connect. Seems like this process takes longer than I first anticipated.. anyone if anything, the market has taught me to be patient!
smile.gif

You`re right Pigsy..it must be ISP..I have no problem..works fine..thanks again..

Brilliant Pigsy !!!

YOU ARE THE DONKEYS KNOB!

If you are out of pocket on this I am sure you will get the support of most of us.

Cookie