metastock with e signal

zeeck

does anyone still use metastock with e signal for real time quotes and technical analysis?

does it still work? I am trying to track down (purchase) a metastock version with e signal and give it a go.

metastock support told me it won't work unless the software is already installed on your computer.
they say if you do a new install of the software it WILL NOT WORK (something to do with licensing manager).

does anyone know if this is true?

metastock is notorious for doing everything they can to force you to use their data or to upgrade to a new version of metastock.

so I don't know that I believe what they are saying. if they think telling me that would get me to just buy a new version of metastock real time,
they would certainly say it.

thanks

zeeck

does anyone still use metastock with e signal for real time quotes and technical analysis?

does it still work? I am trying to track down (purchase) a metastock version with e signal and give it a go.

metastock support told me it won't work unless the software is already installed on your computer.
they say if you do a new install of the software it WILL NOT WORK (something to do with licensing manager).

does anyone know if this is true?

metastock is notorious for doing everything they can to force you to use their data or to upgrade to a new version of metastock.

so I don't know that I believe what they are saying. if they think telling me that would get me to just buy a new version of metastock real time,
they would certainly say it.

thanks

zeeck

You're right. Here's what actually happened .............. the older older legacy versions flat out cannot be installed again due to the contract with the vendor being terminated. That's what they say. More likely is they engineered the whole thing. The new stuff stinks. I prefer the older versions but they cannot be installed any more. Stuck with Reuters DataLink

well, I would like to get a copy of metastock with e signal and at least try it. if it is like windows, the newer versions need to be authenticated through the internet before installation is complete. but the older versions of windows, all you need it the license key that is stamped on the CD. isn't it the same thing with metastock and e signal? I am betting if u get an old enough version of metastock RT, it would work. I am just wondering how far back that would be? version 9? 8?

It will all be handled on my next trip to Thailand. Any vendor will bring my old versions back to life and I can reinstall them. This new version cannot see data from earlier than 1900. Heck, my gold charts have data from year 1254. My old version of Metastock handled this with ease.

Furthermore I'm the only dummy who lives in thailand that paid full pop for Metastock when I could have bought the Pro version for $4 ANYWHERE and it works just as good.

What a screwup!

:):):):):):):):)

Any vendor will bring my old versions back to life and I can reinstall them..........what do you mean by that......or is it to technical? I will be in asia in 2020 (but probably the philippines). but I would like to get metastock with e signal up and running on a laptop before I move from the USA to asia. I noticed on ebay for a while someone was installing metastock and esignal on laptops and selling them on ebay (that was probably 5 plus years ago though).

Any vendor will bring my old versions back to life and I can reinstall them..........what do you mean by that......or is it to technical? I will be in asia in 2020 (but probably the philippines). but I would like to get metastock with e signal up and running on a laptop before I move from the USA to asia. I noticed on ebay for a while someone was installing metastock and esignal on laptops and selling them on ebay (that was probably 5 plus years ago though).

Any place anywhere in Thailand cities or in Bombay, India they can crack any code - its called OTCRAK :)

crack gets the "key" required to install the full version of the software correct?

by the way, if I go over there and give them an original metastock software, how long does it take them to crack it?
few minutes, days?

by the way, if I go over there and give them an original metastock software, how long does it take them to crack it?
few minutes, days?

5 minutes - 1 hour. Get an oil massage with a happy ending while you wait. Supercharge your loins. If you are Brit you do have the right to get laid, unlike the chaps here. If she's hot, skip the 500 Baht happy ending and go for full frontal assault for 1500 Baht and give her a 10k Baht tip

----------------------------------------------------------------
Cost is 100 Baht = $3.30. A good tip is highly recommended.

When Fibo does the "wai" all doors fly open. No cop has ever given fibo a ticket for speeding or drinking a beer open can and pulled over. Instead they give me their biz card and say, "if you need any help in Thailand, call me"

Often the software is available in Bangkok a few days before the release stateside. :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

thanks. do u use metastock real time? can u run EXPLORATIONS on it using intraday data or only end of day data?
I was hoping to use it at the beginning of each trading day to find out which stocks have had a GAP UP or a GAP DOWN.

my hope was to continually run explorations throughout the day with intraday data to find GAP UP or GAP DOWN or other
big changes that just occured in the stock.

thanks. do u use metastock real time? can u run EXPLORATIONS on it using intraday data or only end of day data?
I was hoping to use it at the beginning of each trading day to find out which stocks have had a GAP UP or a GAP DOWN.

my hope was to continually run explorations throughout the day with intraday data to find GAP UP or GAP DOWN or other
big changes that just occured in the stock.

I have used it in real time often but not lately as I prefer TD Ameritrade's ThinkorSwim. If there is stuff I need that TOS does not have, then I might but I'm not impressed with the real time data. For overseas markets there is little choice in terms of reliability so its all Reuters straight thru' real time and M/W/D

I've looked everywhere to try and find a video of a day trader using metastock RT in action to make day trades and can't find it. I even asked metastock customer support if they had any videos showing how a trader would use metastock RT to make day trades and they said they didn't have any. I hope e signal will give me a TRIAL for a few days or a week at a reasonable price. otherwise I will need to pay them $135 just to try it out for one month.

so if I have a metastock folder with 2000 stocks in it, will esignal just start downloading all the new ticks to all the stocks the second I open metastock? or do you have to open a security and only then will you see the ticks on the screen in real time?

and you can run an exploration based on 5 minute or 15 minute bars can't you? or are the exploration really only good for end of day?

thanks

Metastock will upload the ticks automatically. If your using metastock your probably better off using their zenith data stream
Feeding metastock with esignal seems pointless. By subscribing to esignal data you get esignal for free. May as well use then esignal
Day trading with meta rt is the same as any other platform however I dont think their connection to a broker via api is particularly good
Its been some time since I used metastock rt. When I did(with their data) it was ok. The main issue I had with metastock was its speed. Running an advisor or exploration was just so so slow. Much better products around with better integration

so I could run an exploration for GAP UP's during the day and run it on 5 minute bars or 15 minute bars?

Of course, you could run that on just about anything. But as I said, charts run slow, explorations slow. In the end I gave up with metastock

I've looked everywhere to try and find a video of a day trader using metastock RT in action to make day trades and can't find it. I even asked metastock customer support if they had any videos showing how a trader would use metastock RT to make day trades and they said they didn't have any. I hope e signal will give me a TRIAL for a few days or a week at a reasonable price. otherwise I will need to pay them $135 just to try it out for one month.

so if I have a metastock folder with 2000 stocks in it, will esignal just start downloading all the new ticks to all the stocks the second I open metastock? or do you have to open a security and only then will you see the ticks on the screen in real time?

and you can run an exploration based on 5 minute or 15 minute bars can't you? or are the exploration really only good for end of day?

thanks

Metastock legacy versions RT all worked nicely with Explorations and stuff. Current versions are crap. Only M/W/D is where my trust is.

Don't use E-signal, never have, never will.

I thought e signal was the only data provider available for legacy versions of metastock RT? I guess you're saying thompson reuters is also a data provider. well, if I can pick up a used copy of metastock RT 10 or 11 cheap, I will give it a go with thompson reuters as the data provider. I think the price for either provider is about the same (around $100 per month).