Metastock 9.0 & Real Time LSE data from E-signal

teclogeo

Can anyone please help!

I’ve been happily using real-time data from E-signal for a while now on the US equity/commodity exchanges with no problem. I pay for my data (shock horror, yes I am prepared to do that!) and it comes onto my screen. Bingo, just what I wanted! Today, however, I’ve subscribed to the London Stock Exchange, with a view to trading the FTSE100 and major stocks and it seems like all of a sudden Metastock and Esignal don’t like talking to eachother anymore. I get my FTSE data working on the E-signal charting software, so the data is obviously coming into the data manager. But when I try to view the same chart in Metastock I get a “security data unavailable” message…The data does appear when I select a daily periodicity (and is being updated in real time), but as soon as I switch to any intraday period there is no historical data available…the quotes do start coming in, but I get a blank screen with zero historical data. So am left with the conclusion that I cannot use data on demand for this exchange.

Which is basically what Equis support told me… I should store the data locally and feed the data into that. I suppose it’s one solution, but I really don’t want to have to do a whole ‘merge data’ process every time there are gaps in the data because I started late in the session or missed a trading day altogether…not unless there’s an easier way?

E-signal support rather helpfully told me I should speak to Equis support. Fair enough really I suppose…their data is reaching their software.

I had exactly the same problem. For software that cost just under £1,000 and a data feed of just under £80 a month, I did expect metastock and esignal to provide better backup than they did. I had exactly the same problem and never had it resolved. Esignal never even bothered to try and help.
Not much help really
Sorry
Caracole

chart in Metastock I get a “security data unavailable” message…

Can anyone please help!

I’ve been happily using real-time data from E-signal for a while now on the US equity/commodity exchanges with no problem. I pay for my data (shock horror, yes I am prepared to do that!) and it comes onto my screen. Bingo, just what I wanted! Today, however, I’ve subscribed to the ASX Stock Exchange, and major stocks and it seems like all of a sudden Metastock and Esignal don’t like talking to eachother anymore. I get my ASX data working on the E-signal charting software, so the data is obviously coming into the data manager. But when I try to view the same chart in Metastock I get a “security data unavailable” message…

Special thanks for whom very kindly helps soon...!!! :eek:

Thought I would raise the question again as I am having the same problem as teclogeo and jimmydespate above. Wonder if anyone has come up with a solution.

I understand that the metastock provider in the uk is offering metastock 9.0 with a LSE plugin for data-on-demand, but not other European exchanges or anywhere outside of the USA.

However, I have metastock 8.0, and am too tight to fork out for the upgrade, just to get a LSE plugin, when I would also like connection to dax, HKSE, and others.

Grateful for any suggestions.

I have the same problem! Cant get intraday data from international exchanges to work with Metastock Pro only EOD data. The US intraday feed works fine.

Is there any way around this problem, maybe a program that can convert eSignal intraday data so Metastock Pro software can comunicate with the eSignal server? I have heard that a program (MSDynaloader) from dynastore was able to fix the problem, but their webpage has been down since 1 of january. Is there any other way around the problem? Maybe to download eSignal intraday data in realtime and store it on the computer in metastock format?