May I introduce myself.........

I think one certain problem with backtesting most indicators is that they are lagging. This is wshy I think it is best to test them while actually making trades on a demo account.
Even the stochastics--it looks good while just viewing charts, but for the most part, the actual crossover does not happen until the impending move. Even then, I have also found that it is the type of crossover it makes that determines the eventual directioanl fate of the currency. If it is a smooth crossover, that is probably the sign of a reversal. If it is jagged, then it probably is not a proper indication. It also helps in using it as an indicator as a confluence with other indicators.

did you think these up all by yourself or did you read them in a book?

it would be nonsense to apply these to all people/approaches without understanding typical risk, returns, frequency etc.

Hello traders..looking for some start-up information as it has been 10 years since active trading for me. As most know many fortunes are lost trading stocks...I got out of trading when everybody got in. It just seemed to easy and momentum ruled the market. Now close to retirement looking to get back in for some extra income? Ken

Hello traders..looking for some start-up information as it has been 10 years since active trading for me. As most know many fortunes are lost trading stocks...I got out of trading when everybody got in. It just seemed to easy and momentum ruled the market. Now close to retirement looking to get back in for some extra income? Ken

Best of luck to you Ken. I don't know your personal situation but I think trading after retirement raises its own issues. The problen is that when you're young if your account gets wiped out you go find a job and save up for another trading pot. Once you are retired its not so easy. They say don't trade with money you can't afford to lose, so for a retired person it puts additional emotional stress on your trading and the psychological fear of losing. Trading 10 years ago was a different world from today. I would definately only trade a dummy account untill PROVED you have a winning strategy. After that I would trade it live on gold - which is about the cheapest futures instrument. If you are in the UK you can spreadbet spot gold at £1 per pip on IG index, which means intraday you can trade a strategy with a 20 pip stop and still only lose £20. If you use a 2x ATR stop you will lose far less than that. OK, you ain't going to win any big rewards but in retirement its about preserving capital above all else. Spreadbetting gold at £1pp is imo the safest way to actually trade almost emotionally free so that you can gradually increase your stake size. Retirement imo is a double edged sword. You can't replace lost capital but you do have plenty of time to try out strategies and find what works for you. Have a read of Danarms thread ''Its all about the pips''. His strategy is sound and profitable. My other bit of advice would be don't waste the whole of your retirment trading. Treat trading as a hobby that will hopefully give you a bit of spare cash. I limit myself to just four mornings a week and even then, not every week.

H/A

Ken, there are several good threads on this site. All can be a good learning experience. Click on the link below, and you will be in my thread. It is full of excellent information and forecasts.
BTW, I don't believe there is any difference from the markets today. They follow the same amthematical ebb and flow. You just have to get your methodology in tune with that flow, and then the pips will come.
The other author made an excellent point. Trade a demo account until you have fully mastered a methodology of your own. I also agree with not risking anymore money than you can afford to lose.

Hi Felix

I was fotunate to have a mentor who was Asset Manager
at City Index US. He Has his own business knowledge
to Action in Fulham London.

His Mantra PROTECT YOU CAPITAL.

only trade 1-2% of your capital per trade.

I am Town cryer for stop losses you can ask your
broker to move them so you don't get stopped out.

My other favourite is Hedging. Using Binary platforms.

For managed fund 2% of your Capital check out
Legal and general you won't be sorry.

regards lilli2

Hello stream base
Very warm welcome

These three threads I belive to be important after that the choice is yours.

(1). First steps by Bullboy 8

(2). Planning Risk & management byfx aggration.

(3). Psychology bySoveral

After this the choice is yours try the other threads according
to your trading choices.

Good luck
Warmest regards from lilli2

Hi Felix,
How do you plan to make £100 a day income.........do you have that worked out and have you simulated it before using real money

Hi Felix,
How do you plan to make £100 a day income.........do you have that worked out and have you simulated it before using real money. You will need the following skills

Trade Plan
Money Management
Self control in ways that maybe completely alien to you (the hardest part of trading)

Good luck

Hi Felix
Welcome. I don't think I qualify to give advice, being a novice myself, but I have to concur with the rest. Money management is important and from my own (losing) experience I would say a trading plan, which you must believe in and stick to. I am now busy reading up on how to develop a trading plan - would love some guidance from others.

Keep well
H

Please don't groan but I'm a novice!

I'm attracted to this board by the friendly nature of the posting - the info about the chat room is a good example. No bitching; no insults; no puerility;no ramping. I think you probably know the boards I'm referring to where these practices are all too prevalent.

I have a fund of about 10K cash. I'm not greedy (why not I hear someone say!) but I would like to make around £80-£100 a day after costs. How realistic is this in the present market. I'm not afraid of hard work and have been researching on a daily basis for a couple of months before taking the plunge. If I can make my targets all well and good. If I lose my pot too bad - I'll just top myself (just kidding!)

Any encouragement or advice would be gratefully received.

Best wishes

felixakulw

Hi there

By accidentally i have seen your message and thought to drop couple of lines.. for u

yes it is possible to make a steady income from market. but you can not make daily it is bit risky ....... at lest 100- 200 quids in a week .

last seven years i m trading for living and now i am become a stock broker as well..
with my own strategy..

best wishes
Raj

hi, my name is denis, i am new here, nice to meet you all , can anybody give me any info on eldora gold recources (er5f), and nazca mining (nzaf),both recentley listed on frankfurt stock market.:rolleyes:

hi all traders.. i am dcp , i am here at trade to win to simply learn, and to share any knowlegde i pick up along the way, i have read alot of the posts and you sound like good people so look forward to corresponding. Wishing you all well in your pursuit.

Forgot to mention i know nothing about trading, yet trade in my dreams on a regular basis, so decided to seriously study

hi, my name is denis, i am new here, nice to meet you all , can anybody give me any info on eldora gold recources (er5f), and nazca mining (nzaf),both recentley listed on frankfurt stock market.:rolleyes:

HI DENNIS. NICE TO MEET YOU. I AM A GREAT FAN OF GOOGLE SEARCH ENGINE. JUST GOOGLE IT.
WARM REGARDS. lilli2

hi all traders.. i am dcp , i am here at trade to win to simply learn, and to share any knowlegde i pick up along the way, i have read alot of the posts and you sound like good people so look forward to corresponding. Wishing you all well in your pursuit.

HELLO dcp NICE TO MEET YOU. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT KIND OF TRADING YOU'D LIKE TO DO? THAT IS A GOOD PLACE TO BEGIN.
WARM REGARDS FROM lilli2

Good afternoon all,name is Michael and i live in the Bedford area. Im Retired and have been trading since 2006 with a longish break after a divorce and a new partner. I trade the spot Forex with some success, overall ok.Im wondering if there are any traders in the bedford area who would like to communicate trading matters and if you are new to the subject or not swop ideas.My son was a trader in the city and thats how i got into this wonderful game lol. For all of you new to the game its a steep learning curve and full of pitfalls so beware.Money management is the name of the game, and it keeps you in the game.
Regards to all Mike.

Hi guys,

I have been trading for a long time. Focussing on it full time. I am a contrarian trader. I trade commodities, US and Indian stocks.

regards,
Manu

Good evening all

Look forward to chatting with you all about share picking etc.:clap:

More later