MarketMaker 5.5.5 keeps on being updated

Sebi

Hello,

I'm Sebi, from France, a beginner in the world of trading.
I've just opened an account with CMC MArkets;
everything looks fine; the staff in Paris seems to be quite receptive and joyful. No bonus was given to me in opening my account, but a five days no-loss trading (i.e. the loss are for them, the gain - if it comes to happen... - for me) on three products (EURUSD, Gold, FRENCH40). The lonely problem I 've encountered so far is that their platform, which is already updated to the last update version available, keeps on showing the following message :
update_message.png

and the update doesn't go beyond 58%.
CMC Markets suggested that I run the program on different compatibility modes, but that doesn't make any change.

Has anyone ever met this problem ? Any suggestion would be welcome...

I've done it at least 20 times. I've tried installing on Windows 7 and vista, with the same result.
Actually, the platform works fine, you can buy, sell, interact with the chart, and so on. After having tried several platforms, I feel that this is from far the best. But there is sometime an unexpected kind of slowness that makes you think that something is going wrong somewhere. Moreover, the news from Reuter normally available on the platform can't be downloaded.
May be this problem is linked with the french version of the software, since the english version works better on my computer, but I can trade only with the french one.
According to Cmc Markets, the present software is made for Window XP; their new platform, called "new gen", available in France in November, should fit for vista and 7.
Patience may then be the ultimate solution...

For those wo meet some problem with the interactive chart on the web platform of Cmc Markets.

The Java update 26 does not work properly; but the update 13 works fine.