Market volatility

kaya75

Hello all, the sun is shining (y)

I've been tradnig demo then live for a couple of years now, not long but it appears that the price volatility across all pairs is pretty quiet. I read 'bout the good 'o days of 150 to 200 pip moves interday and wounder whats happening..

I know why need to adapt but most of my orders are are being filled at around 20 pips of the PA but not moving more then 20 - 30 pips afterwards. the ADR is low across all pair. Its playing havoc with my R:R!

Is it just me or are the markets really quiet at the moment? :sleep:

I've not seen much of a trend in any forex pairs since March really. I shifted my attention to equities recently

I've not seen much of a trend in any forex pairs since March really. I shifted my attention to equities recently

Yeah, the one good thing about this flat spell is i'm thinking of looking at different markets too.. don't know much about the other markets though, i should read up on them over my FX Sunday time - seeing as my FX Sunday conclusion is going to as flat as a Cornish break in August! :rolleyes:

Im guessing volatility will return with global economic growth - just how long can the central banks restrain intreast rates??

I've been tradnig demo then live for a couple of years now, not long but it appears that the price volatility across all pairs is pretty quiet. I read 'bout the good 'o days of 150 to 200 pip moves interday and wounder whats happening..

I know why need to adapt but most of my orders are are being filled at around 20 pips of the PA but not moving more then 20 - 30 pips afterwards. the ADR is low across all pair. Its playing havoc with my R:R!

Try long TFs. So you can apply set and forget method and do your other work or pay more attention to other income methods.

This is what I am doing at the moment.

Try long TFs. So you can apply set and forget method and do your other work or pay more attention to other income methods.

This is what I am doing at the moment.

I think regardless of what TF's you prefer to trade, you should in general forget about the trade after you placed it and let the TP and SL take care of the rest, you did your work (or at least I would hope that you did).

rumour has it the yen has moved a little .......;)

n

Man this is why I feel so bad for manual traders sometimes... waiting for some FOMC junkie to open his mouth before a trade can close one way or another!

I think regardless of what TF's you prefer to trade, you should in general forget about the trade after you placed it and let the TP and SL take care of the rest, you did your work (or at least I would hope that you did).

Gotta agree with you here, if worry sets in post entry we gotta ask why not before, but that's just it, I was reviewing trades at the end of the day and just seeing ranging to slow trands and never really hitting my tp's enough not to screw the r:r.

I pulled back my volume and widened my s/l just to run out a few days then losing on friday a plus few. I got a tp today on the usdgbp only the 2nd trade of the week, brings me back to BE this week, I'm really just taking a rest at the mo, I anit got the time to trade ranging pairs for another three weeks, but even the ranges look shallow. Not to worry, side lines for me, it actually good exercise to sit and watch, you never know I might learn something ;)

Peace and pips

Yeah this is a good modification to set and forget method

last year at such a time the markets were really volatile except for the JPY pairs, now the reverse is true, the Japanese pairs are really doing a number on the markets at the moment..#

last year at such a time the markets were really volatile except for the JPY pairs, now the reverse is true, the Japanese pairs are really doing a number on the markets at the moment..#

That's why you should always have an open mind when you analyze the markets and see whats there and not what you want to see.

This is how the FX market works ....

I disagree with this...