Low cost realtime data source for tick and trin

awoodj

Hi all

Looking for a low cost realtime source of tick and trin data. Anyone got any suggestions as they all seem to come bundled with a lot more data and cost than i want

PS I want these for trading the DOW from my CFD account with deal4free.

Al

NOTE: You can also get TICK/TRIN in QuoteTracker from Scottrade for free if you don't need a full datafeed. You would have to register at scottrader.com but have to provide a US address during registration. Then, just select Scottrade Free streaming as the index quote source. If you need further info, just email [email protected] and we will get you running quickly

Scotrade data

Hi there

Thanks for the info, will it backfill the data with that source?

Also what are the symbols for the TICK and TRIN with Scottrade?

Al

I believe Scottrade will backfill that as well. Don't remember the symbols of the top of my head, but you don't really need them - both TICK and TRIN are in the built in index list in QuoteTracker if you select Scottrade as the index quote source (OPTIONS/Data Sources menu, INDICES tab)

Jerry Medved
http://www.quotetracker.com

Further update

Hi Jerry

When i go to that location Scottrade is not one of the options for index data, any ideas?

Al

awoodj, make sure you have the latest version of QuoteTracker and the various configuration files. Just select OPTIONS/WebUpdate menu and let QT update all files

That worked

Thanks Jerry

I think i was too impatient (i had already tried the update) and when the update window came up i closed it assuming that was the update done. That may have caused it problems so i uninstalled, downloaded the latest version let it update properly and all is working.

Thanks very much for your help, sure is better support than the Ameritrade advanced analyser i tried. Took out a trial subscription for 10 days and now 5 days into having to pay for it and the realtime data still does not work.

Al