Looks like TVIX could get hot with the fiscal cliff scare

Mr. Crabs

Established member
It's already up 50% this past week! If some fantastic event is orchestrated for us and the economy has a panic we could see enormous gains, possibly 10x returns. I for one will do what I can to not miss out on this opportunity.

This is my first post on this forum, just found out about it today, much love ya'll, hope the threads around here get bumpin'.

Just my opinion here but you are playing with a highly risky instrument. It's an ETN (note) with no real underlying instrument. Also you are taking a longer term position when etn's are designed for day trading and not recommended for overnight trades.

On a positive note excellent nickname you have :)

Peter

Just my opinion here but you are playing with a highly risky instrument. It's an ETN (note) with no real underlying instrument. Also you are taking a longer term position when etn's are designed for day trading and not recommended for overnight trades.

On a positive note excellent nickname you have :)

Peter

Thanks I thought Mr. Crabs was pretty excellent too :LOL: . As for the TVIX I think the reward potential makes it well worth the risk, I will be anticipating to be in mod-term at longest, probably day-trading or at least short-term trading most of my stake in it. If their is a real panic and deep correction in the macro-end of the market we could see the TVIX shoot up 1000%+, I won't be missing out on those gains.

Considering that the FED / world has increased the money supply substantially since the recession ENORMOUS volatility in the markets could be expected at the first sign of weakness the power players can take advantage of - people will sell into fear and the effect will be reminiscent of falling dominoes. This would make the TVIX a relatively good bet, especially compared to short-selling the market as a day trader, that should work well too :whistling.

And yes, for the record, I am a high risk player.

It's already up 50% this past week! If some fantastic event is orchestrated for us and the economy has a panic we could see enormous gains, possibly 10x returns. I for one will do what I can to not miss out on this opportunity.

Hi Crabs and wellcome,

I'm also monitoring the TVIX and its brother UVXY.

May I ask which broker are you using and how big the bet ?

Also will it be one shot , or do you plan to built progressively a position ?

Hi Crabs and wellcome,

I'm also monitoring the TVIX and its brother UVXY.

May I ask which broker are you using and how big the bet ?

Also will it be one shot , or do you plan to built progressively a position ?

Right now I'm loading it up, not betting big, thinking about doing some VIX long call options as a long-shot bet.

I am anticipating we have only a few weeks left in this "bull - run" before some sort of panic sends the market down temporarily. Sadly it seems the government can't get anything done in relation to the economy without having some sort of crisis to fix. Oh well, at least us speculators can profit from this.