Looking for Quant traders with Intraday US Equity Strategies

traderfind

We are a fund that believes there is a large untapped pool of sophisticated talent that has the knowledge and ability to create profitable intraday strategies but lacks the capital and technology infrastructure to execute.

We are looking for quant traders who have proven (through trading) or back tested strategies but do not have the capital or technology to implement them properly. Strategies that successfully prove themselves against our simulator may then be chosen for actual trading. We will provide the capital, take the risk but share the profits.

You may be an individual or a team (eg. trader and developer). Must be able to code up your strategy idea using our Java API which you can then test using our simulator. The simulator can handle both passive and aggressive equity trading strategies using every listed USA exchange including their latencies.

Your physical location is not important, since we can work remotely.

Our technology includes:
StrategyEngine with a StrategyAPI for easier building of strategies. Latency from receiving a tick -> strategy generating order -> FIX -> Exchange is about 1.5 milliseconds.
Simulator which can handle both passive and aggressive orders. Like any other simulator, it is not perfect but gives a good idea of a strategies performance.
Historical Data. Level II and Full-depth-of-book for US stocks.

Technology stack is Java.

Looking for fully automated quant ideas that will be flat at the end of the day. Holding times can be from milliseconds, seconds to hours.

If you are interested, please PM with your resume, experience, any actual results and an overview of your strategy focus.

is it an LLC your fund?

Your Q does not really make sense...we are setup as an LLC, but this it not relevant. We are NOT expecting you "to join" or become an LLC "member". This is something that Prop shops do with strange and questionable setups to bypass SEC regs.

For people we choose to work with there is a contract between us and them covering expectations of both parties, P&L sharing, IP ownership, etc, etc.

We will carefully select people, as we are assuming all the risk (capital and technology) and only will make $$ if the strategy is profitable.

Hi traderfind,

I have an intraday mean reversion system which I trade automated on US equities.
Its only been running live since September 15th 2010, so 7 months, but stats are as follows.
140 trades, Win% of 62, Pfactor of 1.90, and Sharpe of 2.19.
Its a low exposure system that doesn't trade all that much. Return since inception is 35% and YTD I'm up 27.5%.

There is more info about the system on my blog.
thetrendfollower.blogspot.com.

If the system interests you, then send me an email: nizar dot mahri at gmail dot com, and we'll see if we can work together.

Cheers.

Nizar.

So one has to entirely reveal his profitable system to you, after which you evaluate the system and at least promise to share profits with the developer?
Looks to me that you will not attract the best systems or talent.

So one has to entirely reveal his profitable system to you, after which you evaluate the system and at least promise to share profits with the developer?
Looks to me that you will not attract the best systems or talent.

P.S. (to your thoughts)
So...I just emailed supposed "trader" 3 days ago asking for an nda/escrow and then reveal my ideas an...no reply - surprisingly or not. Anyway...a world full of scammers...nothing new :smart: