LIVE real money S&P500 daily mechanical trading

ok, I got myself a bit confused. I believe USA moved to DST yersterday ? That means the market closed @ 8 pm and the price quoted by finspreads is exactly as on Friday evening (1371.3). Pretty unusual.

Totals for the day:

sell £2.5 S&P500 continued @ 1371.3, not closed @ 1371.3. P/L: £0.00. (0 pips).

26 winners, 21 losers to date (no change from Friday).

Account balance showing: £231.12

Current trade:

sell £2.5 S&P500 continued @ 1371.3, SL 1384.3

Open P/L: -£3.00

Trade update:

P/L realised overnight: -£17.50. Opening price adjusted to 1378.9.
Unrealised P/L: -£2.25.
Account balance: £213.46 (financing -£0.17)

I am extremely busy these days, so not really checking on my trades. Perhaps I should stay away from the markets for a couple of days.

Trade update:

P/L realised overnight: -£17.50. Opening price adjusted to 1378.9.
Unrealised P/L: -£2.25.
Account balance: £213.46 (financing -£0.17)

I am extremely busy these days, so not really checking on my trades. Perhaps I should stay away from the markets for a couple of days.

oooops

It's not too bad, no worries :)

Not sure what is going on.

Forex pros quote SPX 500 at 1371, SPX 500 futures at 1375, but finspreads show 1381 for SP daily rolling ? That's quite a difference.

It's not too bad, no worries :)

Not sure what is going on.

Forex pros quote SPX 500 at 1371, SPX 500 futures at 1375, but finspreads show 1381 for SP daily rolling ? That's quite a difference.

Fins do anticipate moves by moving their price and so hope to make more money I suppose.

You could join Flashies thread, might learn something too

Cheers Pat.

My SL was hit. I've got a bit of time now to analyse last couple of days, before market closes tonight.

Totals for the day:

sell £2.5 S&P500 continued @ 1371.3, closed (SL hit) @ 1384.3. Loss: -£32.50. (-130 pips).

26 winners, 22 losers to date.

Account balance showing: £199.96.

Thing is, I can make more money elsewhere (it does not require a substantial amount of investment) and that's where I'm concentrating at the moment, but I will try to continue this journal nevertheless.

Ok, I've decided to stop trading for now. I will probably withdraw remaining £99 from finspreads within the next few days.

Although the system seems to be profitable in percentage terms, it is not profitable enough in absolute terms (without substantial upfront investment that I cannot afford now) to justify time spent.

I've made almost £1000 over Cheltenham festival (30% return) betting with no or very low risk, with minimal effort and I will concentrate on that for now.

I might come back to trading markets at some point in the future.

oh well, trading is an addiction and should be banned !

just joking.

Took out £99.96, leaving only £100 bonus behind. We've all seen what happened with Worldspreads, right ?? That's my childern's inheritance !!

Seeing these collapses (MF and WS) makes me thinking that you should only keep enough money in your spreadbetting account to cover fees / margin on your trades and not a penny more.

I might start trading S&P again, with lowest stake (£0.10 per pip) as I have nothing to lose now, really.
Not sure whether I will update this journal, though. Weekly perhaps ?

Hello everyone,

I was gone for a few months without much trading, mostly experimenting, but my real money account balance is still in positive territory. The biggest obstacle is still lack of time during the day, so scalping does not really work for me.

Right now, I'm working on another system - FTSE gap trading and I am eager to start a new thread with it soon using demo account. This one will be still one trade per day, but there are days without trading altogether (so, it can be quite boring). The good news is, backtesting shows very high rate of success, so I'm hopeful and trying to figure out how to limit losses on remaining losing trades (at the moment, these losses can be substantial, but not account-breaking). Of course, it might be a big flop, who knows...

Watch this space !

Just saying as I have been following your method for a while now but not producing results so just giving a heads up S&P500 after 5pm Gmt is what I trade every day and only that

Just saying as I have been following your method for a while now but not producing results so just giving a heads up S&P500 after 5pm Gmt is what I trade every day and only that

Thanks for the heads up. I had a look at website that you advertise and did not find any free advice there. It is all boast, boast, boast about past performance and pay, pay, pay if you want to have part of the action. I am not convinced, that's all.