Legal and General

Pound foolish

Does anyone else think legal and General look cheap at the moment? LGEN

They have confirmed the dividend will not be cut this year (ex div 15 April 09 - not long to wait) and it is 14.85% at current yield. better than a 1%pa ISA!

The shares have bombed and are just above the low of 33.7p @ 40.2p. Even if you dont wait for the divi the shares should go up when the final accounts are announced 25 March.

Possibly cheap long term , but trading any financial at the moment is a BIG risk

News was reporting that Hedge funds have moved on from banks to insurers thinking they'll be the next ones at risk and needing lots of money.

Sorry to have posted negative points on 3 of your ideas but trying to pick bottoms of stocks can be dangerous.

How many people have thought that:

Northern Rock
Marconi
Woolworths
Bear Stearns
etc

were cheap...

bit off topic, but pound foolish - get your website colours sorted out, i feel like im at a rave.

Does anyone else think legal and General look cheap at the moment? LGEN

They have confirmed the dividend will not be cut this year (ex div 15 April 09 - not long to wait) and it is 14.85% at current yield. better than a 1%pa ISA!

The shares have bombed and are just above the low of 33.7p @ 40.2p. Even if you dont wait for the divi the shares should go up when the final accounts are announced 25 March.

L & G is cheap and probably will end up bought by a foreign bank. I am buying. Also RBS had a great few weeks with them - buy again around 22 mark.

bit off topic, but pound foolish - get your website colours sorted out, i feel like im at a rave.

To those critising my website:

This is a free to use information website for people buying brand new homes. It doesnt sell anything.

The "colours" in the mast head are the SAME as those used by Google!

People who use the site want the information! It was my first attempt being self taught.

By the way I dont see any of those with comment having their website in their sigs!

If I want website advice I go to a website forum!

Keep this forum factual for commetn on financial matters! :mad:

Lol, PF, people are trying to be helpful. Your website looks ****. You're obviously not a graphic designer so don't take it personally... it is meant in a friendly way. The content is good though!

p.s. your stamp duty thresholds are out