Learn To Trade aka Knowledge To Action (Greg Secker)

I wrote to them recorded delivery saying I wanted to cancel. They emailed me saying someone would call me 'to discuss it'. Nobody has yet, and when I call the number on their email and website it is unobtainable. Any suggestions anyone? Just want my £500 back :-(

Can the email they sent be acknowledgement that they have received your recorded delivery letter?

If so, they know you want to cancel.

Use that same email to inform them that their number is unobtainable.

Actually, better to try to communicate by email, as you have some audit trail.

Tell them they are to return your money within X working days, or you will take it further! :)

Nice to see someone give them some stick!

I wrote to them recorded delivery saying I wanted to cancel. They emailed me saying someone would call me 'to discuss it'. Nobody has yet, and when I call the number on their email and website it is unobtainable. Any suggestions anyone? Just want my £500 back :-(

go to their next recruitment day and make a HUGE FUSS .:spam:...:medieval:......usually works ....

N

I have just emailed them the following -

Hello,

Your telephone number is unobtainable - bit strange!

I am writing to inform you that if my £500 is not back in my account by the end of this Friday (29th of November) I will be taking matters further. I will be speaking to my solicitor first thing Monday morning and starting proceedings against you - not only for the £500 but also for the way you falsely sell your course. Of course if the money is back in my account by the end of Friday this will be the end of the matter.

Regards

I have just emailed them the following -

Hello,

Your telephone number is unobtainable - bit strange!

I am writing to inform you that if my £500 is not back in my account by the end of this Friday (29th of November) I will be taking matters further. I will be speaking to my solicitor first thing Monday morning and starting proceedings against you - not only for the £500 but also for the way you falsely sell your course. Of course if the money is back in my account by the end of Friday this will be the end of the matter.

Regards

you need to send them a 'notice of intent' letter by recorded delivery, give them 10 days to pay up before you file a small claim action against them. I think it costs £95 but if you win (which it sounds like you will) then you will get this back. Once you get the judgement if they still don't pay you can apply for enforcement. You can also add reasonable costs. Having run a business for 14 years I have had to take several people to court, unfortunately there are scumbags are out there. Usually the light blue court notice paperwork is enough them to pay up, sometimes though the real rogues will still not pay. This is where you have to go the enforcement route which involves the court again then hiring of said burly men to go onto their property and take what they can for re-sale to then pay you. I recommend you read the government websites on small claims as they are actually quite good for simple cases such as this.

Good Luck and please report back. companies like this make my skin crawl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that. If I don't hear anything by Monday that is exactly what I will be doing (y)

Can the email they sent be acknowledgement that they have received your recorded delivery letter?

If so, they know you want to cancel.

Use that same email to inform them that their number is unobtainable.

Actually, better to try to communicate by email, as you have some audit trail.

in this simple case just use a recorded delivery letter and keep copies and proof of posting. emails can be wriggled out of and are easily fabricated.

Just received this - love their spelling of 'enrolment' lol -

Good afternoon,

I have now processed your refund and your account will be credited in 3-5 working days.

Kind Regards,
Nisha Chavda
Trader Enrolement Executive

Thank you. Will let you know if I get the deposit back. I left my debit card details for them to take the balance too :-(

Inform your bank not to allow them to take any funds (the balance) from your account. In the unlikely event your bank says KIA can take funds since you've authorised them, then put the phone down and ring again and tell them you've lost your debit card so please put a stop on it and send you a new one.
Richard

Thank you - I have done that. They said they won't allow the balance to be taken. I had to stipulate the date and amount though so I guess that does mean they could take other amounts if they wanted to. That would be without my authorisation though so I would be able to dispute through the bank.

I think it's easier and safer to stop the card than possibly getting involved in a dispute with your bank, but hey, I always err on the side of caution.

I did the same about 5 years ago, I didn't do enough diligence either. It happens, so just get over it.
Write and get your money back, I'll happily tell you everything that's on the course and it wont cost you a penny

Hi malaguti i would like to contact with you about the course you did...I nearly signed up today

Hi malaguti i would like to contact with you about the course you did...I nearly signed up today

send me a pm and I'll share my experiences, just don't do it honestly you really will not after I've gone through what they cover

sadly these courses are STILL allowed to run ..............its easy to get sucked into them as they are verrrry verrry good at the hype

there was a writer for the guardian who interviewed a few of here at T2win and published a piece on learning to trade recently........worth finding it as it was very good

ahhh.....here it is :cool:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/educational-resources/174864-learn-trade-industry.html

and the piece he wrote ...I recommended he have a chat with john Bartlett who has been around the block a lot teaching no nonsence trading systems to beginers

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/jul/20/learn-to-trade-stock-market-websites

N

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, I've signed up the course before reading this!!! Felt very stupid to sign up.
I was really interested to learn about trading... This puts me off a bit.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, I've signed up the course before reading this!!! Felt very stupid to sign up.
I was really interested to learn about trading... This puts me off a bit.

ask for a refund, you should have 14 days i think...well worth foregoing any notional amount you may lose

And was it worth it ?

No, all the information could all have easily been obtained from a book.They would probably argue that the course included a "proprietary" trading strategy, but that was so full of holes its not even worth explaining. If you haven't paid the full amount, then don't pay the rest. save your money.