Interview with Jesse Livermore

Re: Interview with Jessie Livermore

I thought you might like to watch this uncovered live interview with Jessie Livermore.

euodootrading.com/interviewing-jessie-livermore/#more-2686

Jason

The name is spelled "Jesse", not "Jessie".

It's worth noting that Livermore killed himself in 1940.

It would be interesting to see the same sort of treatment of quotes from Bernard Baruch and Gerald Loeb. Baruch, in particular, presents an interesting study of the intersection between the sacred and the profane. He knew that there's more to wealth than accumulation, and that a requirement to give back ought to stand behind it.

Here's what Livermore looked like:
picture.php

View image in gallery

Thanks.

I am fascinated by JL.

His life had many dark periods and ended in tragerdy.

However some of his views on the market are spot on particularly about emotion.

He learnt how to make money but never mastered how to keep it.

If Livermore interests you, you might also find fascination with Bernard Baruch. Baruch is the positive antidote to the negativity and despair of the Livermore outcome. Perhaps because Baruch grasped, and acted upon, this important point: Accumulation of wealth has no meaning unless a spirit of generosity stands firmly behind it. Baruch was a giving sort of guy. He advised Presidents from Woodrow Wilson forward. He played a key role in procurement and industrial mobilization for WW1, and his efforts to solve the rubber availability problem certainly contributed to the Allies' victory in WW2.

Scroll above to the photo of Livermore and you'll see a fundamentally unhappy man. There's a suspiciousness in his facial expression. Contrast that with the photo of Bernard Baruch below:

picture.php

Baruch knew how to spread joy. There were spiritual values behind all of his pursuits. His life is a parable for us all, just as Livermore's life is more of a cautionary tale.

This board is all about techniques, indicators, risk management, and capital generation. Let's all stop, at least from time to time, to consider the long- and short-term effects of what we do. In a recent interview Warren Buffett talked about the importance of unconditional love. That's something you WON'T find at the bottom of a balance sheet or trading statement. But it forms the basis for real success in life. The George Bailey kind. NOT the Mr. Potter kind.

To be fair you have deliberately chosen the worst picture of Livermore you could find and the best on of Baruch you could find.

To be fair you have deliberately chosen the worst picture of Livermore you could find and the best on of Baruch you could find.

Well, it wasn't actually deliberate. But I'll take your point. There are other shots of both men when they were younger. I really enjoyed the way you put together that interview, though. Gotta cherish these historical figures.

Gerald Loeb is another. Here's his graven image:

picture.php