Insider Dealing would you do it?

Insider dealing ,absolutely not..well if I am or was going to ,you surely don't expect me to admit it do you...LOL...I might even go into politics next..move over Tony...vote for Chump..same thing really...

Cheers

I use to work for a company that was being taken over, I had access to the info before hand and knew the shares were going to make a big jump and I even knew the date of the announcement was going to be on.

I knew because they kept accidently including me on emails I wasnt meant to get - I was very tempted, but didnt make the trade.

Of course I discovered from an incorrectly sent email that I was going to be dismissed at the end of the week as they needed my desk on monday for the a guy they had brought over from the french office. I then got all the info I needed and when they sacked me I sued them for breach of contract and made far more that way :)

BBB - Agree with you on the need to be very skilled to be able to know how the market would react even if you did have inside information.

I don't agree about derivatives though. Options, for instance, are one instrument that are highly sensitive to large moves in their underlying.

But overall, I think the market does a good job of factoring inside info into a price LONG before punters on-the-street get wind of it.

That's why it's still a good idea to consider "Buying the rumour - and selling the news".

No way!!
so if anybody has any "information" you can feel completely safe mailing it to me for measured opinion.

Insider dealing goes on all the time
Read the ADVFN Free BB on recent BIG risers BPRG and TAD..

announcements known well in advance..

If you read the bbs and look at the charts you can see by volumes if true of not.. just watch out for the fall before results for weeks then a small rise in last week on low volume..= big fall to come usually.

I select small caps on TA and read the BBs to see what news expected..

The FSA are absolutely 100% committed to stopping insider trading......

sorry

I'll rephrase that..

The FSA are absolutely 100% committed to stopping insider trading.getting out of hand so it is not too blatant but as long as it flourishes and the big players do not act too blatantly it will do nothing..... judging by their inability to get any convictions (or the law is carp)..

As for Chinese walls.. they are a joke. Like Gruyere cheese

Thanks The Bramble
but "madasafish" is better than "madasaturd" if you follow the analgram of carp:)

madasafish said:
Thanks The Bramble
but "madasafish" is better than "madasaturd" if you follow the analgram of carp:)

ANALGRAM!!! - Jesus MAF, you ARE having a good day, aren't you!

Sometime last year there was a great news story in the US about a guy that opened a trading account with 2000 US and turned it into something like 800,000 in a very short space of time i.e. weeks.

The authorities pulled this guy in after examining his trading and finding that every single trade was a winner.

After questioning, the guy claimed he was from the future and obviously knew what to trade and when!

He claimed he had come back in a time machine but refused to give them details of its whereabouts. LOL

Strangely though although he had an American accent they could find no record of this individual in the US.

he was obviously thick.. an intelligent person would have made a few wrong trades .. just to make it look real:)