I'm back in the Game

brettmaynard

11 1
Longtime (since I was here) Dealers,

Back in the game now. 7City (Morgate) Pedigree (IMC & CFA Level 4 circa. 2008, although I flunked the exam at Excel Centre) after getting screwed over by the UN in the Afghanistan War. I want to become an International Wale! 🐳⚓💰💴💵💶💷💸💳🧾💲🔥⚡#Trade2Win #Love2Win.

Brett

Brett Maynard BSc(Hons) MSc
(Aka The Fly)
brettmaynard@yahoo.com
+44 7837 137221

Reactions: postman

brettmaynard

11 1
What do you do? Trade out of a hotel room while chain smoking and drinking straight whiskey...was taught by my Dad (a true international player). Maybe you can help me?

Attachments

brettmaynard

11 1
Has Kabul got a trading pit? I have about 10 years experience out there, it was my dream to help them set up or develop a exchange. If I can flip my £50k cash into much more maybe I can help them...

counter_violent

Legendary member
9,543 2,418
Has Kabul got a trading pit? I have about 10 years experience out there, it was my dream to help them set up or develop a exchange. If I can flip my £50k cash into much more maybe I can help them...
Rhymes with pit I guess.

Looks ideal....go for it !

postman

Legendary member
21,457 2,302
What do you do? Trade out of a hotel room while chain smoking and drinking straight whiskey...was taught by my Dad (a true international player). Maybe you can help me?
Someone who drinks Irish Whiskey is beyond help!

Reactions: swissy

brettmaynard

11 1
My temporary basic set-up, not exactly the Oil Desk @ JP Morgan, but could work - who knows? Probably worth a punt! As my Dad used to tell me, it's all about the money! Aid Workers Finance say "Cash is King!". Am not sure there's any sort of banking services provided to Aid Agencies and the finance/accounts are 'horrible' people they don't ever have internation standard financial qualification or use SAGE/QuickBooks, no hedging against currency fluctuation for 1-3 year multimillion $USD grants from Governennts, no international transfer or FX exchange, no international and local in-country banking services and cash distribution to poor/vulnerable people around the world so they can best decide themselves what they need..would probably never work, why bother trying...we're done for :(

Attachments

postman

Legendary member
21,457 2,302
Brett I'm here for you. (y)
I think I understand two of the problems that have kept you from the success you so richly deserve.
1. Procrastination, its a killer, not pulling the trigger early enough on that 1 in a million trade or not closing that losing position fast enough. Get over your procrastination problem - finish your todo list, burn that Koran today! I mean its number 2 on your list, youve achieved so much just go that last mile, push it over the line.
2. Fake it till you make it. Don't sell yourself short by staying at a Holiday-Inn in Essex, push the boat out, a man like you needs to be seen with the movers and shakers, theres a Marriot hotel in Marble Arch a stones throw from Mayfair.

Last edited:

brettmaynard

11 1
Rhymes with pit I guess.

Haha that is awesome, I've spent quite a bit of time in India over the last couple of decades, but never seen anything like that! I think they have quite a modernised, technological exchange in Mumbai (wouldn't know, never been there). It looks ultra-zen everyone's calm, like old skool CIA "don't get angry, channel your energy into sorting it out". That clip looks like it could be a pilot-project or case study for Afghan trading if it doesn't exist already (warlords don't have shipping containers full or USD or houses in Dubai/Abu Dhabi. Imagine the Taliban and other Afghans trading shares, derivatives, etc peacefully, what are you doing promoting cricket in Afghanistan so people will be interested in sport rather than fighting, don't know the person who helped start that, certainly wasn't some young french guy smoking weed on our Perisian Aid Agency porch in Kabul in 2006 :(. Interesting side story, we were working in Northern Afghanistan in 2004 shortly after a handful of special forces working with Afghan Northern Alliance took basically the whole country in a matter of a few month, we needed a fair bit of cash in the office to pay construction companies (read warlords) that were building schools, clinics, female radio stations and even a morgue, but there weren't any banks to wire the money from from Kabul to our office in Northern Afganistan. So they used to send up some 'money changer' a unknown Afghan guy with his driver who had a trench coat rammed with more than USD$100k in cold hard cash, we had a money counting machine in the finance office and the young Afghan Muslim lady was a wizard with the finances, she's whiped it through the money counting machine before handing it out to the directors of the construction companies 🤣 what are you trying to do? Promote peace with finance?

brettmaynard

11 1
Rhymes with pit I guess.

Haha that is awesome, I've spent quite a bit of time in India over the last couple of decades, but never seen anything like that! I think they have quite a modernised, technological exchange in Mumbai (wouldn't know, never been there). It looks ultra-zen everyone's calm, like old skool CIA "don't get angry, channel your energy into sorting it out". That clip looks like it could be a pilot-project or case study for Afghan trading if it doesn't exist already (warlords don't have shipping containers full or USD or houses in Dubai/Abu Dhabi. Imagine the Taliban and other Afghans trading shares, derivatives, etc peacefully, what are you doing promoting cricket in Afghanistan so people will be interested in sport rather than fighting, don't know the person who helped start that, certainly wasn't some young french guy smoking weed on our Perisian Aid Agency porch in Kabul in 2006 :(. Interesting side story, we were working in Northern Afghanistan in 2004 shortly after a handful of special forces working with Afghan Northern Alliance took basically the whole country in a matter of a few month, we needed a fair bit of cash in the office to pay construction companies (read warlords) that were building schools, clinics, female radio stations and even a morgue, but there weren't any banks to wire the money from from Kabul to our office in Northern Afganistan. So they used to send up some 'money changer' a unknown Afghan guy with his driver who had a trench coat rammed with more than USD$100k in cold hard cash, we had a money counting machine in the finance office and the young Afghan Muslim lady was a wizard with the finances, she's whiped it through the money counting machine before handing it out to the directors of the construction companies 🤣 what are you trying to do? Promote peace with finance?

Quote Reply
Report •••

Remove formatting

BoldItalicUnderline

Text colorFont size

Insert linkInsert imageInsert videoSmiliesInsert

AlignmentListInsert table

UndoRedo

Toggle BB code

Write your reply...

POST REPLY PREVIEW
Attach files
Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 1, Guests: 3)

Copyright © 2001-2019 Trade2Win

Quote |

brettmaynard

11 1
Someone who drinks Irish Whiskey is beyond help!
Yeah I agree, I tried to get Jonny Walker Black Label (once you do black you never go back!) so this was the best option. There was a big debate at Cov Uni amongst Disaster Management students...we used to party until the early hours in a cheap rented house on a relatively underdeveloped part of Cov called Hillfields (which was actually very good because it wasn't gentified, unlike Shortditch). The 'digs' were rented by a mature student who was a steal erector in Africa for a while (didn't know anything about 419 scams, never tried to get 'Nigerian Youth' in Port Harcourt to demand that Shell Pedtrolium Development Company pay for community schools, clinics or

brettmaynard

11 1
Yeah I agree, I tried to get Jonny Walker Black Label (once you do black you never go back!) so this was the best option avalible from the off-licence in Hawkwell, Essex. There was a big debate at Cov Uni amongst Disaster Management students...we used to party until the early hours in a cheap rented house on a relatively underdeveloped part of Cov called Hillfields (which was actually very good because it wasn't gentified, unlike Shorditch). The 'digs' were rented by a mature student who was a steal erector in Africa for a while (didn't know anything about 419 scams, never tried to get 'Nigerian Youth' in Port Harcourt to demand that Shell Petrolium Development Company pay for community schools, clinics or
support crazy palm oil projects that had been researched and developed by Nigerian nationals themselves at, yep, Cov Uni, madness! So the debate raged in Hillfields, what is the best Whiskey? Is it Black Label (Favoured by Ex-Pats, my Dad used to carry a bottle in his hand luggage to have a shot for breakfast, normally in the Crown Plaza in Dubai where we would meet briefly like ships passing in the night) a bit of Dutch courage, I also saw a similar technique by a man called Kuni who was a 'military advisor' for the UN who I housed in Northern Afghanistan on my first mission in 2004, he monitored all military activity in northern Afghanistan fueled by a shot of whiskey for breakfast, there was a roadside IED once (it happens) and Kuni exclaimed "what was that? I could fart louder than that" haha. So back to the whiskey debate in Hillfields, the mature Welsh Student former African Steel erector was fairly neutral to the best of my knowledge, sometimes we brought Black Label other times we borough Bushmills, I never knew to this day what was his favourite, but to used to school my arse regulaly in spirits. He lived with a great a great guy from Shrewsbury (who became a fireman) on the surface he was tight as asreholes and even took the lightbulbs from the house when he moved out at the end of term leaving the mature student welsh former African steal erector in the dark. For the mature students Birthday we had a range of people at the 'digs' - a tree hugger who stopped the Newbury bypass, a super hot fearce brunette who's Dad was basically a hero helicopter pilot for the A Army Air Corp during various wars, Burna (cough, cough) his helicopter was never put as a memorial outside a Army based, that would have been madness and I never visited their retirement villa in Cyprus or went diving there with the hot brunette, she didn't live in Lemington Spa and I didn't go regulaly to her really nice garden flat or smoke weed with her upstairs neighbours who may or may not have been a regional manager for Pizza Express. The hot brunette had never been to Sweden, knew nothing about massage, didn't even have a portable massage table in her lounge, never cranked up her fire to maximum to get me to strip off and certainly didn't pass out on the lounge floor in an attempt to get me to carry her to bed. Side issue, so the Whiskey debate in Hillfields, the Welsh former African Steel erector did not do Wizz of off a tobacco tin (containing tobacco that he regularly brought back from Belgium runs and certainly didn't deal it at low cost to fellow students) for his birthday and we didn't drink neat vodka in copious amounts direct from the bottle. To this day I'm still in the dark as to what is better, Black Label (or Blue Label if you're a high rolling whale) or Bush Mills, I guess it's any port in a storm, so whatever you can pick up locally unless you have the foresight to buy some from duty free before wheels up! I suspect The City may know the answer to the Whiskey debate, I doubt you ever drink it, certainly not with the Leader of Hamas on the Gaza Strip :(

brettmaynard

11 1
I think I understand two of the problems that have kept you from the success you so richly deserve.
1. Procrastination, its a killer, not pulling the trigger early enough on that 1 in a million trade or not closing that losing position fast enough. Get over your procrastination problem - finish your todo list, burn that Koran today! I mean its number 2 on your list, youve achieved so much just go that last mile, push it over the line.
2. Fake it till you make it. Don't sell yourself short by staying at a Holiday-Inn in Essex, push the boat out, a man like you needs to be seen with the movers and shakers, theres a Marriot hotel in Marble Arch a stones throw from Mayfair.
Thank you for the direct useful critical feed back, I was never taught by Ex-RAF to aooricate it. Yes, you are correct I suffer from procrastination it's one of my my many weaknesses. My Dad was never a global shipping magnet, was never taught anything and business psychology by Mearsk (of which he wasn't a Country Director). He didn't tell me anything about what Maersk would call in business Psychology an A-D conflict (that's certainly not the inability to make a decisive business decission) Mearsk are useless, they're nothing in global shipping and they're certainly not going #AllTheWay. They're not based in Copenhagen, my Dad never went to Head Office, but they're essentially a complete failure in all aspects.

You're very correct, I'm selling myself short by staying at the Hotel Motel Hokiday Inn, it's a terrible place. The rooms are horrible there's not even a nice shower, there's no reliable internet connection, it's nowhere near transport links such as airports or train stations that run into The City, the staff are useless not at all committed to their work, completely unprofessional and don't care at all about customer service, the place is an overpriced hell-holes.

Yes, again you are very correct, I need to go high-class to rub shoulders with the movers and shakers, to perhaps get some business intel in a insider trading move that will help me flip my GBP£50k cash into a fortune, as was advertised in the Metro jobs section "Are you money hungry?"...I certainly am infact it's a necessity if I'm to go big or got home. At the moment I'm messesing about domestically, but I've got a strong international experience - which is where the Game is at! The Holiday Inn @ Southend-on-Sea is quite nice as a temporary stop gap, but I need to hit West London, I don't know anything about the place, I never worked for the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, didn't eat very reasonably priced Thai food and guest ales at the Churchill Pub, my colleagues were useless not even Alumni from the save undergraduate course, didn't do a super professional job and certainly didn't run and online bolting business on the side, they never worked on the graduate scheme at Tesco head office, their informal motto is not "just f**king do it!"...they know nothing about business, their graduate scheme employees are like mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed on s**t) they know nothing when they leave to organisation, they certainly don't go on to become youbd senior managers in the private sector.
So I degress, you're right I need to move my reading desk to where it's happening. As my Dad didn't used to say in the bar around the world on his ninth pint after a 12 hour day "everybody wants a piece of the action!". The Marriot at Marble Arch sounds amazing I will go there based on your advice for atleast one night on 17th August 2019 to experience it, but I think I'll them take-up to Belgravia, I think the Russian's are there, they're horrible people, I never had a girlfriend who lived with a Russian young PhD - she didn't sort out excess forming at the Rihanna factory, she did'nt even have a massive tattoo of Jimmy Hedrix on her back, she was ugly with no sense of humour and hated my ex-girlfriend, who I never think about, I don't still use the wallet she bought me from Dents, it wasn't exactly what I wanted and they have a really recent history...not from 1777 at all. So make to my next move on 17/Aug/19, i will use Marble Arch as a one might landing pad in West London before decimating to Belgravia - I think that's where i can drink vodka with the Russia's, who are terrible people, their leader Communist Vladimir Putin is disgusting, not at all funny, not a major international player, hates Trump because of MI6 interference, knows nothing about Russian all-girls - claims their the ugliest in the world, obvious accurate have you ever seen a Russian hound lady, completely ugly like a bull-dog chewing on a swap. Putin has no morals, he was never a high ranking FSB officer and certainly didn't travel the world personally trying to retrieve missing Soviet suitcase nukes, the guy's a complete arsehole no idea what he's talking about, Russian Aviation Engineering in next to useless, no one used it, it's too complicated too maintain in challenging environments it can't be maintained deep in the field. I'm really worried for my own safety in Belgravi - I have never been to ex-Soviet countries on a P&O cruise as a child, the place is useless, the Kremlin arcitetiure is a compete s**no-show, highly offensive to the eye as are Russian women. I'm dreading spending a couple of nights I'm Belgravi and I certainly won't get a new same-day passport while I'm there. I've got the fear about the move. Your advice is very much appreciated though, I will take it and hit the Marriott (Nice name btw, I once knww an ok guy by that name, never taught me anything useful though). Thanks again for the advice, I'm waiting for DHL to pick up an unimportant shipment from me at the Holiday Inn before I roles to West Lobdon. Tganks again for the advice, it's exactly what I need at the moment.

brettmaynard

11 1
I followed your excellent advice and booked one night at the Marriott Marble Arch staying night of17/Aug/19,:there where some good options avalible on the booking, I opted for a top floor room (always good for a view, I remembered that from staying in a high end hotel in Geneva when I first joined the United Nations). I was also able to request extra fluffy pillows, which will help give me a good night sleep, I struggle with insomnia, a hangerover from working on the frontline for 10 years. The room was a bargain at £GBP352.00/night, I will stay one night because I need to go bigger if I'm going to get some proper business Intel to conduct some insider trading to flip my GBP£50k into something much bigger to have resources to do some good in this world. I think I need to role with some formal garms to blend in - so I'll take my Navy Blue M&S off the peg suit, TM Lewin Double Cuff Shirt with Plain Silver Cufflinks (A super-hot very funny Italian-American New Yorker Lawyer from UNICEF Afghanistan used to say "I see the uniform" a tie and my favourite/standard black lace-up shoes, we where very good friends but I never got there, she took me on a Tour of New York with was just as nice/romantic. My Dad always said you could tell alot by how clean people's shoes where! The Marriott Marble Arch is ok, but it's only 4* - if I'm to become a true international whale I need to go much bigger...5*+, I want to network with the Russian's (Preferably Mafia) - I'm guessing I need to be in Belgravia in a much higher end hotel - can anyone advise where to stay if I want to network with the Russian Mafia? I would like to drink straight Russian vodka with some ultra-professional gangsters and maybe view some high-class Russian eye candy at the same time. Thank you in advance for your help dealers/traders. #Trade2Win #Love2Win

Attachments

brettmaynard

11 1
Dear Dealers,

I took your excellent advice, I'm about to check out of Holiday Inn Southend-on-Sea and head to Marriott Marble Arch (booking details atrached), I have give the plastic a serious bashing a Lakeside and picked up some appropriate local garms (picture attached) I'm particularly pleased with a traditional Navy Blue blazer (which was a bargain at 260 sterling) from Savile Row which I will wear with my new Levi's 501's and classic black Jones' Bootmaker shoes, I will also brink my traditional Navy Blue suit...incase I have to attend anything formal. I'll also bring my Brietling Colt watch that a purchased at Geneva Airport in 2007 when I first joined the United Nations, I was there for a one week course held in the Head Quarters of the International Committee of the Red Cross and Red Cresent Movement.

I need your advice again if you'd be kind enough. As I'm a Wannabe Entered Apprentice Junior Dealer I'm a bit concerned I might be out of my depth in West London (it will probably be fine once I'm there, the fear of anticipation is always worse than reality) I know Kensington and Chelsea well after having worked there for the Local Authority in ordination with the Emergency Services, so I can maybe rekindle some old relationships and see some former Haunts to reminisce of my great time there.

Now to the rub, as you advised me - I need to go big or go home, if I'm going to go for broke and become a junior wale. At the moment my wheels are a nearly never Fiat Panda, which is actually very good especially in and around The Capitol, rumour has it that the CEO of Ferrari drives a Panda to work (both manufacturers are from the same high-class Italian Pedigre). I was inspired to get the Panda by one of my favourite trainers (he had one too), but he also had a fleet of Toyota Landcruiser 4x4's I need to follow his lead and get some appropriate wheels for West London, I hope you can advise? I used to rent vehicles from Avis at Heathrow Airport when home on R&R, they have a Prestige Section with plenty of new Chelsea Tractors, it's quite reasonable @ GBP£1,000 Sterling for two days, I've often been interested in a Range Rover which maybe useful for moving around West London.

Next in think I need a high-class wing woman (maybe Russian if I'm to meet with the Russian, as Putin the Boss said, they have the best Escorts) I'm not into prostitution at all, infact I'm very much against it, but I believe you can get legal high-class companions from reputable organisations, who can show you the best restaurants, recommend and share the best quality beverages, speak another working language on your behalf (maybe Russian) and to do something enjoyable on Sunday like theatre, opera, walk in the park(s) or sight seeing tour? Can you advise on this too?

Finally I've been working quite hard recently mostly in International Imports & Exports, plus I've become a Social Media Fashion Influencer (Including women's designer underwear from Victoria's Secret's, I might pick up some more in Pimlico, dresses for my wardrobe). I have to finalise my International Imports & Exports activities on my way to Marble Arch, and I have a bit for Soicial Media Fashion Influencing to do from my room in the Marriott, but I should have a pretty clear diary after that, so any recommendations for activities to do up there would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

I'm money hunger! I need to #Trade2Win and #Love2Win.

Brett
(aka The Fly)

Attachments