IG Index

Hi

I've been using D4F since October last year. I mainly intraday trade the Dow, but have been known to trade UK shares as well.

There dealing platform has improved immensely since they linked up with ProRealTime and apart from a few initial problems - that their helpdesk responded to quite well - the new platform is excellent.

I too like the price alerts and the news alerts that will pop up on the DJI.

I've not had any problem with them filling orders, but then (still being in the learning curve) I'm only trading £1 per point.

All D4F bad press on these boards seems to have been in relation to their customer services, which they do seem to be improving now.

JillyB said:
Hi

Hi JillyB,

I also use deal4free, and just wondering if you have had problems with the new charting. I seem to get message "no date for US30 cash" or for whatever instrument most of the time. Also chart loading is much slower than it was on the old platform.

Is this your experience as well,
best wishes,
mlegin

Hi Mlegin,

I've had no problems with the new charting at D4F.
Make sure you have enough spare RAM on your computer, although 250 Mb should be enough.
If problem persiste, contact them. -They do answer their phone these days!

mlegin said:
JillyB said:
Hi

Hi JillyB,

I also use deal4free, and just wondering if you have had problems with the new charting. I seem to get message "no date for US30 cash" or for whatever instrument most of the time. Also chart loading is much slower than it was on the old platform.

Is this your experience as well,
best wishes,
mlegin

Yes I've had that too but it's only happened yesterday, and not again since. I know they have had a few server problems, but it may be worth emailing their helpdesk to ask about it. I had a problem with one of my layouts that had become corrupted and the helpdesk responded to my emails and were very helpful.

I see IG have a new platform "Pure Deal". Looks OK to me. For scalpers there's the one click deal - which will come in handy for them.

Yes, the new platform is a lot better. Much easier to manage and organise your screen layout (which it will remember). I like the multiple watchlists, which is useful for me. There seems to be many nice features, although nothing jaw dropping.

I can't see any way to access sports betting from the site. Perhaps they are trying to further segregate financial and sports betting?