If you knew the exact date of a black swan event...

Well I am new to this... Can you describe how it all went down?

You had open trades in the Forex market and it was business as usual and then out of nowhere there was a black swan event and prices dropped fast, but the whole market was shook so hard that none of your stop losses were never triggered in time? None of them triggered?

Did the triggers eventually go off automatically, or did you have to call your brokerage to have them manually close your trades? That must have been awful. What is SNB? What month and year did that black swam occur??

There's nothing that I can constructively add to the information contained in the link provided by Acme in the post immediately before yours:

If you wish to do further research, you'll find that there is (ironically) a wealth of material on the net. Just try Googling something like "SNB euro cap" for starters - I'm fairly certain you'll get a few hits:)

I read through the link but a lot of the terminology is new to me.

The timeline is incredible how in only a matter of a few seconds the big banks reacted to the announcement... Oh and then I understand the circuits were going berzerk and could not handle the event.

The black swan could happen again, easily, because the whole event was provoked by a simple announcement...

OP here.

It's that time. Friday (3-6) was the 11th anniversary of S&P 666.

Learn their numbers. It's all in the Good Book.