IB Data feeds

Well I get a message in Sierra saying "intraday download complete for abcdef whatever" , then I get the error message.

Oatman, I've got the interoperability components too, becaue I'm running Tsim+.

So the YM and ES load and display OK in Sierra, but you get a message about an incorrect symbol after the others have loaded? Correct?

I've got a chartbook for the DAX that gives me that message when I load it. I've no idea why, all the charts in the book load OK. Something is telling IB there's another symbol there, and it's a false one. However, it doesn't seem to matter.

It may be something to do with the fact that I'm also loading a daily chart from the Dial Data db in that chartbook, possibly the code is getting passed to IB, which rejects it before it gets passed on to trackdata to be filled?

Right, so it sounds like I've got everything set up right then?

I'll just clear out all my chartbooks I think, and reload them all - maybe seperate ones for MyTrack and IB - and maybe that will clear the problem up.

Thanks for your help,

rossored said:
maybe seperate ones for MyTrack and IB

Er, hang on a minute! You need a completely different installation of Sierra to run it on IB or on MT (you need to install it twice in 2 different directories), so you have to have separate chart books for the two.

If you have shared chartbooks, I assume you are trying to run Sierra off MT and off IB in the same installation directory, and that's going to cause all sorts of problems.

Sorry I thought you had finished!!! LOL

So I need to install Sierra in another location, run IB charts from that one and MT charts from the other one, is that right?

I have got "shared" chartbooks at the moment, presumably that is the problem then? Could I not just have one chartbook for IB and one for MT?

Peter is right, you cannot share Chartbooks as the symbols for IB are different to MyTrack. Therefot a symbol that loads from MyTrack will not update when you change the feed to IB. For instance its ES`U for the S&P emini on MyTrack and ES-200309-GLOBEX from IB

You can manually copy and rename files from the MyTrack Seirra\data directory if you want to get historys prior to updating from the IB feed :D

For instance copy ES`U from the MyTrack installation to the IB installation and rename to ES-200309-GLOBEX

This way you can avoid paying MyTrack realtime and still get backfill.

JonnyT

Right, thanks everyone for your comments.

I now have two individual copies of Sierra running on my machine - one for MyTrack, one for IB. Both work fine.

What would I do without this website? I would be a lost soul, wandering alone in the dark, thats what.

You all get a big gold star! ;)

(and the girlies can have a kiss too - mwah!) :D

JonnyT

I've just read your post about transferring data. I e-mailed you a request about this earlier today, that post has answered my question, pls ignore the e-mail.

Thx

L

Trying to get the $10 dow price on IB. It just sits there -- 9235 +28 YM,ES and ftse ok. The symbol is INDU isn't it?

INDU isnt an IB symbol to my knowledge. Are you after the Dow Jones full future? Have you paid for the exchange data for this?

JonnyT