I want to start trading!

liorules

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I have always had a keen interest in trading and would like to start trading one way or another. I have done some research before but I get confused as to what platform to use etc. As an economics graduate I know the risk associated with it. So what would you guys suggest the best way to get started? Also ideally I would love to be someone's apprentice :D and was wondering if there are any opportunities like that around. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Hi liorules,
Welcome to T2W.

A good starting point are the first two links in my signature which you should have received in the welcome e-mail sent to you after you registered. They contain numerous other links and suggestions about how to proceed. If there is anything in those or other FAQs and forum 'Stickies' that you don't understand - just shout - help is at hand. However, please keep in mind that the best help comes from the most experienced traders, and they tend to only bother with those who are willing to help themselves by doing research of their own.
;)

Regarding being someones 'apprentice' as you put it - there aren't any informal arrangements that I'm aware of. You can pay someone to coach or mentor you, but tread carefully if you go down that path and be sure to read this FAQ first: Can You Recommend a Mentor, Coach or Trading Course? You could apply to a proprietary trading firm, but you'll need to have done your homework first. Check out this FAQ for details on that front: How Do I get a Job Trading?
Tim.

if we are talking forex i guess the first step is to start demo, and stick to it, and from their you can jump into basics and try them on your demo account with out the fear of losing real money, i hope it helps.

Choose the right broker with good trading conditions, download demo account and start to practice))

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I have always had a keen interest in trading and would like to start trading one way or another. I have done some research before but I get confused as to what platform to use etc. As an economics graduate I know the risk associated with it. So what would you guys suggest the best way to get started? Also ideally I would love to be someone's apprentice :D and was wondering if there are any opportunities like that around. Thanks in advance for your reply.

You are about to waste a lot of time and money. You'll probably waste a lot more of both if you get involved with any so called mentors. They range from useless to criminal. Forget about the whole idea and concentrate on work, there's no easy money.

to get started try a small account trading 0.10p a point, use 1% of your capital per trade and just read read read.

Actually the only way to start trading is to start reading ... and reading quite much ... also, you need to open a demo account.. which will definitely help you with further development of your skills.. you need to practice everything on the demo account,, and only after that try a real one...

You should start with virtual trading first. Paper trade and develop your strategy. If you are into stocks, then Strategyard.com is a good choice. If you want to trade Forex, then I am sure that there are forex trading simulators out there.

Kick your girlfriend out, she's bad for trading and too much of a distraction. I'll put you in touch with a few friendly pimps.
:clap::clap::clap::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Attachments

• Dickheadkreel.jpg
    Dickheadkreel.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 2,201
  • lex1.jpg
    lex1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 2,211
At first, learn what is Forex and know how to trading (babypips or google are 2 good mentors). Then try demo account (virtual trading), after winning over 1 month with 3 trades per day. You can invest for live trading. That's good plan to get started to trade.

research and (Demo) try all the core styles of trading across a variety of markets ......then start to refine the ones that fit your own personality and style

it takes a lot of time and effort.......and practice.....10,000 hours will do it .....like most things in life and work that are worth sacrificing for....

after many years involved in the Gambling industry I was wandering around Trading for 20 years or so before I personally got into the area that really has worked for me since the early 2000's ......

N

If you want start Forex. the essential thing is you learn first about Forex and get more knowledge about it because Forex is a risky Business.

First of all my friend. My advice to you -you should start by opening a demo account in a forex game at trade1on1. Its very simple process to start with virtual trading to test your trading skill and compete your friends and other traders in obtaining maximum return on your portfolio. The highest equity won the game. It is lot of fun and more profitable compared to others. Most importantly, you learn forex more quickly than anywhere else. It is a different way to trade in the capital market.

started to learn trading with the demo account for 1 month, then read all the books and blogs that are related to the topic.

Try to learn Forex basic knowledge at least 3 months before deciding to invest some money for trading.

Looks like a good thread to join and learn. it is difficult to find a good one on here without people being stupid and no help at all. Thank you for starting this I will watch with interest.