I honestly CAN recommend that anyone develops, or follows up an interest in trading..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I echo many of the sentiments in this post. Regarding the $5k account thing, I will try to draw a simple but effective analogy:

Before the tri-nations, or before the autumn internationals, the New Zealand rugby management run a series of "practice" games... colloquially known as the "probables vs. possibles".

Which team do you think $5k is going to get you in?

Probable adj. Likely to happen or be the case
Possible ajj. Capable of existing, happening or being done.
Oxford English Dictionary.

The 5k is probably going to get me into the possible team, although probably it might be possible that it could get me into the probable team :confused:

nailed...;) as stated you only have to roughly net 80 quid a trading day, from an 5K account, to make average wage in the UK, and (perhaps) it'll be tax free.

Even 80quid a day is more than I'm on now, and come on lets be fair guys, to make on average 30pips a day at 5quid a pip isn't in the realms of unachievable now is it? Even 60 pips a WEEK at 5quid a pip and that's as BS says pretty much an average wage in the UK.

I think alot has be blown out of proportion here.

Even 80quid a day is more than I'm on now, and come on lets be fair guys, to make on average 30pips a day at 5quid a pip isn't in the realms of unachievable now is it? Even 60 pips a WEEK at 5quid a pip and that's as BS says pretty much an average wage in the UK.

I think alot has be blown out of proportion here.

Thought; is there a common factor amongst those who say in can't be done, or that it's difficult to achieve? ;)

Bit of drastic housekeeping to put the Sunday handbags back under wraps. Apologies to to those who penned relatively inoffensive posts that got caught by the hoover.

jon

Bit of drastic housekeeping to put the Sunday handbags back under wraps. Apologies to to those who penned relatively inoffensive posts that got caught by the hoover.

jon

........... :LOL: Oh dear! Must have been all that World Cup lager.

Thought; is there a common factor amongst those who say in can't be done, or that it's difficult to achieve? ;)

God only knows, I don't know why people say that it can't be done. I can only hazard a guess that different people want different things out of trading. Those who say it can't be done I think might not have the same aims or goals. Let me put it in an analogy as I see these all the time at T2W

Ask a 100m sprinter to run a sub 4 minute mile and I doubt he could.
Ask Someone who can run a sub 4 minute mile to sprint 100m in under 10s and I doubt he could.

Both are outstanding athletes in their own right. Both have different aims, targets and goals.

Ask me to make a million pounds trading in a year or even two and I 'probably' couldn't. Emotions would come into my trading far too much. I couldn't handle the pressure of a large account.

Ask me to make 300quid a week as a wage to live off, and I 'probably' could.

I know my limitiations, I know what I can and can't achieve, I have my trading 'career' focused and my goals and ambitions in my mind.

***let me make this clear, I'm certainly not saying that I DO make 300quid, certainly not just yet anyhow, but I'm a hell of a lot closer to that target than I was three years ago :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.